POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going for my bday 5/6 since 2006 and have found the crowds very manageable but the parks are not empty.

Last year the weather was perfect but most years it is pretty hot-especially compared to Massachusetts.

Hey, my birthday is also May 6! I won't be going down until the 11th but I did have them list it as a celebration anyway.

I hope the temps hold at 85 or under for my trip. I have a tendency to melt. My last trip I took in May wasn't until the week of the 17th and I remember spending a large amount of time standing under air vents in the shops!

So....my brother and niece are now going with us in 11/2015. We were going to stay at AOA but we are coming back to POP instead. We need to do as cheap as we can because hes a single dad. I'm going to be doing all the planning. Do I have to link our reservations to have connecting rooms or can I just put in a request? And what other perks are there to linking reservations?

Kat016 said:
Do I have to link our reservations to have connecting rooms or can I just put in a request?

Do both to up your odds of getting connecting rooms.

Kat016 said:
And what other perks are there to linking reservations?

Other than upping your odds of getting connecting rooms, none that I know of.

dansdad said:
Do both to up your odds of getting connecting rooms.

Other than upping your odds of getting connecting rooms, none that I know of.

Awesome! Thats all I needed to know.
I know we're both getting the memory maker...I didnt want them linked. We arent doing any character meals where our ADRs needed to be linked. I didnt know if it would link our FPs. Thatd be helpful. And I didnt want our credit cards linked either. If its just telling POP that we're together, I may just call and ask to have adjoining rooms and see if they'll do it.

If its just telling POP that we're together, I may just call and ask to have adjoining rooms and see if they'll do it.

Yep that's it. Please note that if you want your rooms to be right next to one another and have an interior door that allows you to go between the 2 rooms without going outside you need to request connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are rooms that are close to one another.

dansdad said:
Yep that's it. Please note that if you want your rooms to be right next to one another and have an interior door that allows you to go between the 2 rooms without going outside you need to request connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are rooms that are close to one another.

Ahh...thank you for that. I would have gotten it wrong lol When we went in October, our room had a door to the next room.

Checking in on Sept. 22nd! Can't wait, first time at Pop! Woo! :hyper: Looking forward chatting with all of you in the coming months!

4 more days until we check in to celebrate St Patrick's Day! Cant wait! Third year in a row celebrating at the Parks and Downtown. Always a great time centered around Raglan Road at night!

Same here! I will be at DTD on Monday as we'll. Hopefully the weather will be decent. My vacation starts with a Guiness from RR. :yay:

Checking in on Sept. 22nd! Can't wait, first time at Pop! Woo! :hyper: Looking forward chatting with all of you in the coming months!

We are checking in on the 21st of September! :cool1: Can't wait!!!!!

Question for anyone who has been at Pop recently. Talk to me about the comforter situation. I read somewhere that there are no more comforters on the beds. Are there just sheets on the bed? I can't sleep without something heavy like a comforter or a thick blanket. We are driving, so it won't be an issue to bring one down with me, just need to know. Thanks!

We are checking in on the 21st of September! :cool1: Can't wait!!!!!

Question for anyone who has been at Pop recently. Talk to me about the comforter situation. I read somewhere that there are no more comforters on the beds. Are there just sheets on the bed? I can't sleep without something heavy like a comforter or a thick blanket. We are driving, so it won't be an issue to bring one down with me, just need to know. Thanks!

Pop has the triple sheeting, no heavy comforter. There is a thin blanket tucked in between the sheets though. I sleep under a down blanket & I was concerned about the lack of a comforter too. However, I really like the triple sheeting. The housekeepers tuck the sheets in so tight that I didn't miss the blanket & I stayed warm. The old Pop comforter was really heavy too heavy imho. Also, there is another thin blanket on the shelf by the ironing board if you need it.
Hope I've helped you! Have a magical vacation!!! :-)

I was there last week and I was cold at night. ( we kept the air on 65 and brought a small fan to make noise ) We also drove , so we had extra blankets that we got out of the car.

OMG 16 days until I check in on the 29th and I CANNOT WAIT!!! First time staying at Pop!
Requested 60's Lakeview room!!
I'm so excited these next two weeks are gonna go so slow!

Yesterday I called Disney to change my package to include the free memory maker & the CM noticed that we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. She asked me if she could request a King bed for us & I said sure however I thought the king bed rooms had the handicap bathrooms. Am I wrong on that?

Yesterday I called Disney to change my package to include the free memory maker & the CM noticed that we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. She asked me if she could request a King bed for us & I said sure however I thought the king bed rooms had the handicap bathrooms. Am I wrong on that?

I believe most, but not all, king rooms are accessible.

Only two of us going in May and would like a king room, no sense in having the two double bedroom, whats the chances this happens?

Also i noticed there wasn't a place on the online check in to request a king

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter