POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious...does anyone know why POP is sold out the first week of February? We were going to go that week, then changed to a week earlier.

Just curious...does anyone know why POP is sold out the first week of February? We were going to go that week, then changed to a week earlier.

I think it might be because of Pop Warner? We tried to get Feb 3rd-7th at Pop and couldn't get anything, we had to go with ASMu :(

When we check in I'm gonna inquire at check-in if there's any chance at all they could transfer us to Pop and I'd pay the difference

AuroraRora said:
I think it might be because of Pop Warner?

Pop Warner already happened. Pop Warner always starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend.

High school cheerleading competition is the 8th and 9th I believe. It causes all the values to be super loaded.

Question?

I booked a standard room for February 10-13th. How far are the standard rooms compared to the preferred? I'm okay with a little walk- we stayed at the LM area in AoA in October so I'm no stranger to a shuffle to the busses, just want a rough idea of what to expect.

Also, being a single person, if I asked at check in about possibly getting a single bed, any idea if they'll accommodate? Or would I have to pay up for that?

AliceandAriel said:
Question?

I booked a standard room for February 10-13th. How far are the standard rooms compared to the preferred? I'm okay with a little walk- we stayed at the LM area in AoA in October so I'm no stranger to a shuffle to the busses, just want a rough idea of what to expect.

Also, being a single person, if I asked at check in about possibly getting a single bed, any idea if they'll accommodate? Or would I have to pay up for that?

I stayed in 50s standard no problems and I did get a king bed. Its only a request but it was granted you can call before you arrive and ask to have it added to your reservation

taterheads said:
High school cheerleading competition is the 8th and 9th I believe. It causes all the values to be super loaded.

Ah, I think that's what I'm thinking of

Question? I booked a standard room for February 10-13th. How far are the standard rooms compared to the preferred? I'm okay with a little walk- we stayed at the LM area in AoA in October so I'm no stranger to a shuffle to the busses, just want a rough idea of what to expect. Also, being a single person, if I asked at check in about possibly getting a single bed, any idea if they'll accommodate? Or would I have to pay up for that?

If you were fine at LM, you'll love Pop. The longest walk at Pop is shorter than the LM walk :)

Question?

I agree with heather. we have stayed at pop numerous times. and at LM/AOA once. we thougth that was a long walk. you will be fine at popl

in fact< i usually don't recommend preferred unless you have 1st or 2nd floor. you could be booked in, say, bldg 1 in the 50's. half that building is preferred. (the half closer to the food court, obviously)
now, to me, of you are on the 2nd floor, the stairs on the end (the bowling pin stairs) are no big deal. but lets say you are on the 4thfloor in bldg 1. on the end losest to the food court. are you usually going to walk up and down all 4 flights of stairs? or will you walk to the elevators (actually AWAY from the food court, bus stops).?
now someone who is in a standard room in bldg 1 might be only one or two rooms away from the same elevator. but in the direction AWAY from the food court.
who had more steps to the elevator? (and hence the food court, bus stop, etc)
the one who paid only for standard. (unless the person in the preferred room floor 3 or 4, walks up and down the bowling pin stairs, 3 or 4 flights, every time).
and that is why I wouldn't bother paying for preferred.
(it was dif. when 60s was preferred. period. )
butreally most of the rooms at pop are not far at all from anything.

I agree with heather. we have stayed at pop numerous times. and at LM/AOA once. we thougth that was a long walk. you will be fine at popl in fact< i usually don't recommend preferred unless you have 1st or 2nd floor. you could be booked in, say, bldg 1 in the 50's. half that building is preferred. (the half closer to the food court, obviously) now, to me, of you are on the 2nd floor, the stairs on the end (the bowling pin stairs) are no big deal. but lets say you are on the 4thfloor in bldg 1. on the end losest to the food court. are you usually going to walk up and down all 4 flights of stairs? or will you walk to the elevators (actually AWAY from the food court, bus stops).? now someone who is in a standard room in bldg 1 might be only one or two rooms away from the same elevator. but in the direction AWAY from the food court. who had more steps to the elevator? (and hence the food court, bus stop, etc) the one who paid only for standard. (unless the person in the preferred room floor 3 or 4, walks up and down the bowling pin stairs, 3 or 4 flights, every time). and that is why I wouldn't bother paying for preferred. (it was dif. when 60s was preferred. period. ) butreally most of the rooms at pop are not far at all from anything.

Agree. We always book standard in '50s section. In Nov we were in building 1, ground floor right behind the laundry building & the walk was less then 5 mins. In 2012 we were in building 3 at the back & the walk was maybe an extra min longer.

We stayed in the 80's building 2nd floor when we stayed in october. The walk was maybe 5 minutes to the buses and everything POP. It wasn't bad. I'd stay there again.

I was in bldg 3 4th floor. I would WALK down the stairs to go to the bar, food court and take the elevator back UP stairs. Knees couldn't take going up....lol
I was doing a solo trip and never felt unsafe or scared. You could always ask security to walk u back if you felt u needed it. All rooms have two beds in them unless u get a King sized bed. I liked that thee was more than enough room for one person.

This is a great resource. I am thinking about booking POP for our next trip. This definitely helped. I think I may just walk over there while I am staying at AOA next month.

This is a great resource. I am thinking about booking POP for our next trip. This definitely helped. I think I may just walk over there while I am staying at AOA next month.

Great idea! That's what we did on our first trip to Pop. Then we booked AofA on our next trip. I truly love both resorts. :love:

We (DS14, DD10 and I) were there last April and decided to let fate decide where we would be and did not put in any requests. We had booked standard. We ended up in Building #3 (50's) on the back side - we could see the lake if we looked to the left, the pathway to the parking lot if we looked straight ahead, and the path to the bowling pin pool if we looked to the right.

We really enjoyed this location. We had a car and it was equidistant from the parking lot and the main building. But, the best part is, it was so quiet! We were on the first floor and never heard any noise.:thumbsup2 I would absolutely stay in the 50's again.

A few years ago, we were there for just a night and ended up in what would now be considered preferred, pool view. (Pretty sure this wasn't a category then, just preferred) We were on the 1st floor, just a few feet from the Hippy Dippy Pool. Now, this was during a cold snap in Feb. and the temp's were in the 50's/ 60's. So, we were fine. But, there is no way I would want a preferred, pool view room in the warmer months. Way too much foot traffic and noise. (IMO)

We are hopefully heading down to WDW for Christmas and DH has requested the 80's. We'll see what happens.:goodvibes

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread - but can you tell me if there is a privacy curtain between the bathroom and beds?? Thanks

My nephew and I will be arriving at POP on 1/30. I was thinking of ordering a case of bottled water from the Green Grocer it's just the 2 of us so wondering if they have a minimum order requirement. Has anyone used their service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter