POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat016 said:
Yay! So exciting....we leave next Saturday and I feel the same way. We planned a year ago.....

Us to.....3 more sleeps then it's on the plane and off to Pop and a week at my happy place. Have safe travels fellow poppers and hope everyone gets some xtra pixie dust on their trip.

So excited! 3 days but we actually leave the house tomorrow :cool1: Fly out Saturday after visiting family. Cannot believe this is actually finally happening! It's been three years of planning so I'm freaking out :cheer2:

I forgot to mention one kind of not so magical experience we had on our recent trip.

We got off the plane in Orlando and were so excited we hurried off to the magical express.

We had heard from others that the ME was great and it felt like you were already in the park and in the magic.

After going through a couple of processing stations we were told to go to a bus. When we walked out there were about 6 busses and the one we were assigned to didn't look like the others. It was a non Disney bus. I asked about it and was told the bus company was all contracted out and that sometimes they have to use a regular bus. Oh well such is life.

We boarded the bus and then proceeded to sit there for a half hour. There were now about 12 people on the bus. I was getting a little impatient because we had some dinner reservations I didn't want to miss, nor be rushed to get to. I asked the bus driver and he said they would be off shortly.

About another 15 minutes went by and another 8 people got on the bus. Now I was agitated and really wanted to get going. I heard another man talking about why it was taking so long so I asked him if he wanted to get off the bus and ask a cast member what was happening.

So we both got off and found the nearest cast member what was happening. He said they needed to wait. I then got a little pushy which I normally don't do. I said I have paid thousands of dollars for my family of 6 to be at WDW and not to sit for almost an hour on a bus that was supposed to be magical. At that he looked at something in his hands and said that we would be able to leave now.

We boarded back on the bus and the bus driver followed. He told us thanks and that if we had not said something to the cast member we would probably sit there for another half hour waiting for more people to board. He said that Disney has told the bus drivers to keep quiet and not push for the bus to leave until they are told it is ok to do so.

After that the trip was really good. We rented a car at the end of the stay at POP so we didn't have the opportunity to ride ME again and that was fine with me.

I forgot to mention one kind of not so magical experience we had on our recent trip.

We got off the plane in Orlando and were so excited we hurried off to the magical express.

We had heard from others that the ME was great and it felt like you were already in the park and in the magic.

After going through a couple of processing stations we were told to go to a bus. When we walked out there were about 6 busses and the one we were assigned to didn't look like the others. It was a non Disney bus. I asked about it and was told the bus company was all contracted out and that sometimes they have to use a regular bus. Oh well such is life.

We boarded the bus and then proceeded to sit there for a half hour. There were now about 12 people on the bus. I was getting a little impatient because we had some dinner reservations I didn't want to miss, nor be rushed to get to. I asked the bus driver and he said they would be off shortly.

About another 15 minutes went by and another 8 people got on the bus. Now I was agitated and really wanted to get going. I heard another man talking about why it was taking so long so I asked him if he wanted to get off the bus and ask a cast member what was happening.

So we both got off and found the nearest cast member what was happening. He said they needed to wait. I then got a little pushy which I normally don't do. I said I have paid thousands of dollars for my family of 6 to be at WDW and not to sit for almost an hour on a bus that was supposed to be magical. At that he looked at something in his hands and said that we would be able to leave now.

We boarded back on the bus and the bus driver followed. He told us thanks and that if we had not said something to the cast member we would probably sit there for another half hour waiting for more people to board. He said that Disney has told the bus drivers to keep quiet and not push for the bus to leave until they are told it is ok to do so.

After that the trip was really good. We rented a car at the end of the stay at POP so we didn't have the opportunity to ride ME again and that was fine with me.

That stinks. Our experience has always been that they fill up the bus before departing MCO. We always arrive during the day and there are usually more people waiting to board the bus than there is room for. Last time the bus filled up just as we got in line so we had to stand there quite a while waiting for the next bus to arrive. It's also been our experience that they kept us standing in line, not sitting on the bus, until it was time to fill the bus and go.

That makes me want to rent a car!!! 4 more sleeps til my little princess visits wdw for the first time!!

This was our pretty much exact experience in 2011 with ME. I don't know if yours was somewhat late in the day, but we were at around 9pm. We also had a "undisney" bus. In fact, when they were showing us to it, I stopped and said this isn't a ME bus is it? They said yes, and I was shocked it was just a generic bus and not what we had had before. We sat there for over an hour on the bus waiting. It took about an hour and a half before we left the airport. There were maybe 6 families on there total. :snooty: I'm hoping for a more magical arrival this time since we arrive early in the day. (I was thinking it was because it was so late at night..)

This was our pretty much exact experience in 2011 with ME. I don't know if yours was somewhat late in the day, but we were at around 9pm. We also had a "undisney" bus. In fact, when they were showing us to it, I stopped and said this isn't a ME bus is it? They said yes, and I was shocked it was just a generic bus and not what we had had before. We sat there for over an hour on the bus waiting. It took about an hour and a half before we left the airport. There were maybe 6 families on there total. :snooty: I'm hoping for a more magical arrival this time since we arrive early in the day. (I was thinking it was because it was so late at night..)

Yuckaroo!!!

We are taking an early flight out of Dallas and should arrive by 10:55am. I'm hoping we don't have a similar experience. We are counting on getting to the resort in time to walk around a bit and maybe get DS a nap before we head over to the MVMCP at 4.

This was our pretty much exact experience in 2011 with ME. I don't know if yours was somewhat late in the day, but we were at around 9pm. We also had a "undisney" bus. In fact, when they were showing us to it, I stopped and said this isn't a ME bus is it? They said yes, and I was shocked it was just a generic bus and not what we had had before.

Since Mears Transportation operates the actual DME buses, they may also end up using their non-Disney buses if necessary.

I had a similar experience except for the wait! I got in around 9:30 one night and was heading to Pop; I was one of the first on the bus (along with a mother and her daughter sitting next to me in the front row). We loaded just a couple of families and then we were off within about 20 minutes altogether.

i think they know what time everyone is arriving and when a plane lands late you end up "waiting" for the family on that plane. I will make sure and request we leave (though I'm not sure if that will help or matter at all!!!) if we have a long wait next month!

I had a similar experience except for the wait! I got in around 9:30 one night and was heading to Pop; I was one of the first on the bus (along with a mother and her daughter sitting next to me in the front row). We loaded just a couple of families and then we were off within about 20 minutes altogether.

i think they know what time everyone is arriving and when a plane lands late you end up "waiting" for the family on that plane. I will make sure and request we leave (though I'm not sure if that will help or matter at all!!!) if we have a long wait next month!

For us and our non magical ride we flew in at 5:30 PM

Yuckaroo!!!

We are taking an early flight out of Dallas and should arrive by 10:55am. I'm hoping we don't have a similar experience. We are counting on getting to the resort in time to walk around a bit and maybe get DS a nap before we head over to the MVMCP at 4.

We have always arrived between 10am-noon and have never had that experience, so if I had to guess, I'd say you're likely safe. ;)

Had a Magical time for 6 nights at POP Oct 8-14th!! ME was smooth, we had a new fridge and new bedding. Stayed in room 5457 in the 60's section. Magic bands worked great, plus, you can kind of beat the system if you are using fastpass+.....I was almost an hour early for our FP to test track and told the CM that their had to be an error with my times. She let me and my DS9 go right in HAHAHA!!! Ohana' wasn't as good as I expected, meat dry as could be and felt rushed. Coral Reef was fantastic as was BOG for lunch and dinner. If you go to the front desk at check in, ask for a magic band slider. It's a glow in the dark rubber piece that holds your band more secure and has a Mickey on it with 2013.

Steve

Just received our Mickey Mail & now have nothing else to wait for as I've received everything, well except our MB's but have to wait till we get to POP to get them. We have all our ADR's booked, FP+ chosen & BOG FP booked, not sure what to do with myself for the next 31 days now. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

KNovacovschi said:
Just received our Mickey Mail & now have nothing else to wait for as I've received everything, well except our MB's but have to wait till we get to POP to get them. We have all our ADR's booked, FP+ chosen & BOG FP booked, not sure what to do with myself for the next 31 days now. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol! I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel!

Flynnismine said:
Us to.....3 more sleeps then it's on the plane and off to Pop and a week at my happy place. Have safe travels fellow poppers and hope everyone gets some xtra pixie dust on their trip.

I told the kids today we go to Disney next Saturday....sounds closer than 10 days lol

prettypatchesmsu said:
So excited! 3 days but we actually leave the house tomorrow :cool1: Fly out Saturday after visiting family. Cannot believe this is actually finally happening! It's been three years of planning so I'm freaking out :cheer2:

Have fun on your solo trip!!!

Finishing the laundry and last minute packing tonight. Tomorrow night I have a mandatory 4H leader meeting/training, Friday night we drop off the dogs and it's homecoming (DD15 is in the band so I need to go watch the halftime show) and we need to leave at 3am Saturday to catch our flight. The next days will go quick!

prettypatchesmsu said:
Thanks! Packing tonight has been crazy. Thank goodness I had a list I had been making for a long time or I think I'd have lost my mind.

I want to start packing but I have no where to leave a suitcase to throw stuff into. Ill start packing next week sometime. I've had my list going for a year. I'm pretty sure I have everything we're going to need on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter