POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in building 3 facing the lake and I don't have a fridge, nor have I seen any that appear to be in the process of being installed.

I don't have the new bedding either. Oh well...
I was in building 3 facing the lake towards the 60's section last week and did have a fridge.

We got back yesterday. We were in the 50's section, building 3, room 3305. We had a fridge.

Apparently my room must be special then, lol. I don't really need a fridge anyhow, I never put anything in them except maybe a bottled soda or a leftover QS dessert.

AAHH:rotfl: technically 7 sleeps before getting on plane...but since Tuesday is more or less done, 6 days till i get on a plane..you know that matters...haha..Still in shock:hyper: to be going back, excited about everything!
Hope everyone has an awesome trip!:flower3:

Those of you who have been there, done that:

My DS4 eats like a bird. I was thinking of bringing a small soft-sided cooler to take into the parks to put his leftovers in. I was also thinking of bringing some gel/ice brick cooling packs but I wonder if 1. the in room fridges would get them cold enough or 2. if bell services would stash them in their freezer for me overnight.

For our trip last yr, we were staying at GKTW and they had a full fridge/freezer in our villa. We did the cooler thing (for string cheese, etc b/c we didn't have the dining plan and he just wanted snacky stuff) and it wasn't an issue.

Thoughts?

Meeting my first love on this trip. I haven't seen him in 16 years, we've known each other for 27 years (he was my best friend in high school). He lives in Florida (where we grew up). We are both divorced, single parents and have been talking & texting for a couple years. He's bringing his kids to Orlando to see us and we are going to hang out for a few days. I'm super excited and even more nervous for this trip!

kateubanks72 said:
We had had new fridge in the 50's section building 2. We checked out on Monday..no new bedding though.

Thanks for that update. We requested 50's preferred so hoping we have a new fridge when we arrive this Sat.

I booked Pop (1/8-1/14) a few days ago for a room only reservation since I have an AP. I keep on checking the Disney website to see if I have a MB invitation waiting for me, but none yet. Have they been doing MB's for room only reservations? What is is the magic trick to get MBs?

shyjade said:
Meeting my first love on this trip. I haven't seen him in 16 years, we've known each other for 27 years (he was my best friend in high school). He lives in Florida (where we grew up). We are both divorced, single parents and have been talking & texting for a couple years. He's bringing his kids to Orlando to see us and we are going to hang out for a few days. I'm super excited and even more nervous for this trip!

Omg that's so cute!!! Have fun!!!

Awww..

My sister ended up marrying her high school love after they had gone their separate ways (marriage, kids, divorce). I hope you guys have a nice visit!!!!!

The time has definitely got away from me! I haven't packed yet, were are trying to keep it a surprise from our girls. Was going to do it sunday while dh took them out for the day but ended up getting called into work :sad1:
I am going to have to pack saturday morning before we fly out, I just hope nothing gets forgotten. :eek:

Hi, I am planning our family's first Disney trip. Both my parents and In-Laws want to come with us. We are a family of 5 (not including parents) so we are probably going to stay at AOA in a family suite. I'm concerned that the price and elaborate theme-ing of AOA might be too much for the parents. ( I can't see my dad in a LM room :) )Is POP walking distance to AOA? POP seems like a better fit for them.

<-- checking in Saturday.

<-- practically squealing.

I cannot believe, after all this time planning and scheming that I finally get to actually go.

Hi, I am planning our family's first Disney trip. Both my parents and In-Laws want to come with us. We are a family of 5 (not including parents) so we are probably going to stay at AOA in a family suite. I'm concerned that the price and elaborate theme-ing of AOA might be too much for the parents. ( I can't see my dad in a LM room :) )Is POP walking distance to AOA? POP seems like a better fit for them.

I have yet to actually stay at Pop, still in the planning process for our trip there in May! But I have stayed at Art of Animation and yes, Pop is walking distance from AoA. There is a bridge that crosses Hourglass Lake and puts you at the end of the Nemo rooms!

Wow! That sounds so exciting! have fun! :goodvibes

I booked Pop (1/8-1/14) a few days ago for a room only reservation since I have an AP. I keep on checking the Disney website to see if I have a MB invitation waiting for me, but none yet. Have they been doing MB's for room only reservations? What is is the magic trick to get MBs?

Yes, you will get bands for a RO reservation with an AP. The rumor I have heard is to expect a full roll out for all resorts by the end of October. There is no magic trick to getting the bands. Your trip is still well beyond 60 days out. Just keep checking your MDE next month. :goodvibes

The time has definitely got away from me! I haven't packed yet, were are trying to keep it a surprise from our girls. Was going to do it sunday while dh took them out for the day but ended up getting called into work :sad1:
I am going to have to pack saturday morning before we fly out, I just hope nothing gets forgotten. :eek:

Make a list! I have a Disney packing list that I modify for each trip. When we've got a trip coming up, I put the document on my desktop and add things to it whenever I think of them. It keeps me sane so I'm not worrying about forgetting things. And one thing I've learned is that if you do forget something, you can almost always find it on property. You may have to ask for it, but they really do have almost everything you need available. Of course you'll pay a premium for it, but at least you can get it. Enjoy your trip!

April7901 said:
<-- checking in Saturday.

<-- practically squealing.

I cannot believe, after all this time planning and scheming that I finally get to actually go.

Yay! So exciting....we leave next Saturday and I feel the same way. We planned a year ago.....

bluezy said:
Make a list! I have a Disney packing list that I modify for each trip. When we've got a trip coming up, I put the document on my desktop and add things to it whenever I think of them. It keeps me sane so I'm not worrying about forgetting things. And one thing I've learned is that if you do forget something, you can almost always find it on property. You may have to ask for it, but they really do have almost everything you need available. Of course you'll pay a premium for it, but at least you can get it. Enjoy your trip!

I've had a list going on my phone since the day we booked our trip....a year ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter