POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!

We're there Oct 4-11th!

Yeah! We are getting close too. We do online check-in on Friday. Will be there from October 8th - October 13th!! :) :)

The last few days have been full of Disney fun! Made resies for the weekend, filled out the online Pop Century resort stay survey AND did online check in!!

We'll be there in 60 hours!!

:cool1: :yay: Have a great time!! Are you all going to the a Halloween party?

Thanks for the updates! We've stayed at Pop 3 times (2006, 2008, 2009). I really, really, really wanted to stay there on our last trip back in Feb/March of 2012 but we had 5 of us and it was just more cost effective to stay off property. So looking forward to staying there again next year and doing so without the kids. It's going to be so AWESOME!

We had 5 in August and booked connecting rooms ... it was great having the extra room ....we had FD promotion ...you will love POP, having the refurb and the AoA to visit as well!!

I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly. :goodvibes

:laughing: LOVE it!!! Silliest is encouraged here .... thanks jcarwash for the laughs ...

Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!

Its NEVER to early .... :) :cool1:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes so much love to Pop! I've only stayed onsite once and that was at ASMo back in Feb and I actually really enjoyed it and planned on staying there again but thanks to you guys i've chosen Pop for my trip with my brother and some friends in Oct '13..I can't wait!! :yay:

:banana: Hopefully another POP convert and lover!! :hippie: Stick around and have fun while we all wait for our next trips .... :goodvibes

:cool1: :yay: Have a great time!! Are you all going to the a Halloween party?

Yes!! For the first time in 7 years!! We are so excited. They guys have their costumes, but I don't.

I wanted to book Pop for Fri-Tues, but the rate for Saturday and Sunday was over $100, even with passholder rate (we paid $66 2 weeks ago)?? So I booked the new passholder offer for just Sun-Tues at $75!!! We'll be driving back and forth from home the other days to experience the F&W Festival and Franken Weenie Weekend at DTD.

does anyone have the movie schedule for October yet? We will be arriving Oct 12th and leaving the 15th but we are only going to park for MNSSHP. We just thought we would make a weekend out of it since we only live about 3 hours south of there.Looking for some other things to keep the kids occupied on friday night also all day saturday and sat night and morning of sunday (go to MNSSHP sunday night so EXCITED!!!!). This is also my kids first trip to POP we stayed at ASMU about 1 1/2 ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Movie schedule should be posted around 10/2 .. so in plenty of time to know your choices ... :) Agree with smitch425 .... go to DTD ...often times there is entertainment the kids might enjoy... Saturday perhaps swim, resort hop, check out the grounds, have a bite to eat and check out the pin trading boards (we love pin trading!!) ::yes::

Fort wilderness have the campfire with Chip N' Dale, it's free, and you can bring or buy smores there .... not sure but they might offer a haunted hayride ... perhaps check out the Wilderness FAQ thread, it's got a great hostess who will be able to give you the scoop!!

Check out AoA Sunday so you are not doing a lot of running around on your Halloween party day ...you can eat lunch at AoA come back and get ready to hit the park at 4pm!!

Yes!! For the first time in 7 years!! We are so excited. They guys have their costumes, but I don't.

I wanted to book Pop for Fri-Tues, but the rate for Saturday and Sunday was over $100, even with passholder rate (we paid $66 2 weeks ago)?? So I booked the new passholder offer for just Sun-Tues at $75!!! We'll be driving back and forth from home the other days to experience the F&W Festival and Franken Weenie Weekend at DTD.

Congrats on that AP rate! :thumbsup2 We originally was thinking to come over Columbus day weekend... rate is more $$ on Fri, Sat AND Sun ...my DD was off on monday, however it wasn't in the cards for us this year ....maybe next year! Have a blast!

;)
Movie schedule should be posted around 10/2 .. so in plenty of time to know your choices ... :) Agree with smitch425 .... go to DTD ...often times there is entertainment the kids might enjoy... Saturday perhaps swim, resort hop, check out the grounds, have a bite to eat and check out the pin trading boards (we love pin trading!!) ::yes::

Fort wilderness have the campfire with Chip N' Dale, it's free, and you can bring or buy smores there .... not sure but they might offer a haunted hayride ... perhaps check out the Wilderness FAQ thread, it's got a great hostess who will be able to give you the scoop!!

Check out AoA Sunday so you are not doing a lot of running around on your Halloween party day ...you can eat lunch at AoA come back and get ready to hit the park at 4pm!!

Thanks for the great info!!!! Yes Sunday I was thinking we would stroll over to AOA and check it out. Have and early lunch there and then head back to room so my 2 year old can nap seeing how we will be in park late... How about the Boardwalk anything to do there with young kids. All my years of going to Disney I have never been to there.

Congrats on that AP rate! :thumbsup2 We originally was thinking to come over Columbus day weekend... rate is more $$ on Fri, Sat AND Sun ...my DD was off on monday, however it wasn't in the cards for us this year ....maybe next year! Have a blast!

Thanks! Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully next year!

;)

Thanks for the great info!!!! Yes Sunday I was thinking we would stroll over to AOA and check it out. Have and early lunch there and then head back to room so my 2 year old can nap seeing how we will be in park late... How about the Boardwalk anything to do there with young kids. All my years of going to Disney I have never been to there.

At night there are street performers. I don't know what time they come out. Perhaps someone on the Boardwalk thread can help you. We've seen performers swallow a sword, juggle, do magic tricks, etc.

A really fun family show is at POR at the River Roost, Bob Jackson aka Yeehaw Bob puts on a great show. It's very interactive so the kids do not get board and the whole audience ends up getting sucked into the performance. He is a genius at audience participation!! I think he performs Wed to Saturday, but you'd have to check on that.

Thanks for the positive posts about the weather! Just what I needed... Some positive thoughts from my fellow posters...:)

Printed out my good tips list, itinerary and packing list. Suitcases out and ready to pack... WOOHOO!...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:dance3:Did online check-in today. :cool1: All clothing pressed and ready to be matched up and packed. Just so darn excited to be staying at Pop for the first time.:dance3::dance3:Tomorrow, we'll be doing the single digit dance. Tonight we have the whole chorus line :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

lovethattink said:

What and when is the Franken Weenie weekend?

What and when is the Franken Weenie weekend?

Sept 28 to 30th at DTD West Side, there will be a 3D sneak peak, photos, treats, and a first ever WDW appearance of Jack Skellington and Sally from NBC.

You can see NBC or Alice for $6 at AMC.

:dance3:Did online check-in today. :cool1: All clothing pressed and ready to be matched up and packed. Just so darn excited to be staying at Pop for the first time.:dance3::dance3:Tomorrow, we'll be doing the single digit dance. Tonight we have the whole chorus line :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

You've got your laundry stuff done early! Cool!

We will be there Oct. 4th-20th! Can't wait, we've been counting down for far too long!

I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly. :goodvibes

I wish I'd have thought of that when I posted! Good one. :thumbsup2

We will be there Oct. 4th-20th! Can't wait, we've been counting down for far too long!

It's coming right up. You'll be there for quite awhile. Lucky you! I'm jealous.

Thanks! Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully next year!

Thanks ... I hope so too! :goodvibes

Just booked my trip for Nov 29-Dec 4th for my third time at POP, with Free Dining! :dance3::banana: I'm very excited, and can't wait to see AoA completed, as when I was there in February it was still being constructed.

Nice!! I was day dreaming the other day about those dates for FD as well. :)

Wow ... that's a nice long vacation! :woohoo:

Got my Mickey mail today......35 more days till POP!!!! Getting excited....now to start packing.

35 days for us too!

Getting close::: October 12-21 WooHoo!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:yay: ... lots of October POPers!! :cool1:

Counting down the days! Will be there 10/15-10/20. Told hubby he needs to get the suitcases out cuz I ready to start packing. Looking forward to celebrating 20 years of marriage at the world!!!pixiedust:

This will be our first stay at POP and I have heard wonderful things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter