PoP Century Review

Mayl

DIS Veteran
We just got back from PoP Century. Spent Jan 5th to 12th there. First trip there. Just random thoughts..

We had 50 section, 2162. Was 1st floor and about 20 feet from the bowling pin pool. Great location. Strongly suggest people try for 50’ or 60’s section. We walked the whole resort and there are some “bad” locations if you don’t have a rental card. Most of the 80’s and 90;s is a long walk for main pool, food court and such.

Housekeeping was poor. We had to raid the maid carts to get replacement tissues and toilet paper daily. She also never dusted the top of the tv furniture or the table.

Room was a little small but was still ok. We had family of 4 (wife, me and 7 and 9 year old) and it worked. We spent more time at the resort then I planned, but it was good. The pool being literally at our door was nice for later night swims.

No issues with noise. Either or neighbors were all quiet or people complain here too much about the noise. Last night we heard a little as there was the marathon and lots of people up very early. But it was not bad.

Food court was great. Good selection, decent quality and many cashiers. We had about 3 meals here and liked them all. Don’t buy the cups either. You can buy one soda and just refill from that. We did it and worked fine. They don’t even check or care. So each AM we got one soda and refilled it while at the pool or such. We were on dining plan so it came with the meal anyway and why lug around the refillable one.

Pool bar was nice. Beer was $5 a pop but we had a few and was fine. If you are on a budget, use Garden Grocers . We did and worked great. Got case of water and stuff and was there waiting for us. Saved a bunch of money.

Buses were great. Never more then 10 minute wait at the resorts. We did stand coming back from the parks at night, but that was not an issue. Only whine we had was MK, Pop is the laaaast stop and you walk half way back to contempory to get the bus 

This was our first value stay. We have done many other WDW resorts. From POR, CSR, Cabins, YBC, etc. It was over $600 lower then French Quarter (where we were first booked) and felt it was worth it for this trip. With in laws going next time, we will go to a suite, but for this, it was perfect.

We just got back from PoP Century. Spent Jan 5th to 12th there. First trip there. Just random thoughts..

We had 50 section, 2162. Was 1st floor and about 20 feet from the bowling pin pool. Great location. Strongly suggest people try for 50’ or 60’s section. We walked the whole resort and there are some “bad” locations if you don’t have a rental card. Most of the 80’s and 90;s is a long walk for main pool, food court and such.

Housekeeping was poor. We had to raid the maid carts to get replacement tissues and toilet paper daily. She also never dusted the top of the tv furniture or the table.

Room was a little small but was still ok. We had family of 4 (wife, me and 7 and 9 year old) and it worked. We spent more time at the resort then I planned, but it was good. The pool being literally at our door was nice for later night swims.

No issues with noise. Either or neighbors were all quiet or people complain here too much about the noise. Last night we heard a little as there was the marathon and lots of people up very early. But it was not bad.

Food court was great. Good selection, decent quality and many cashiers. We had about 3 meals here and liked them all. Don’t buy the cups either. You can buy one soda and just refill from that. We did it and worked fine. They don’t even check or care. So each AM we got one soda and refilled it while at the pool or such. We were on dining plan so it came with the meal anyway and why lug around the refillable one.

Pool bar was nice. Beer was $5 a pop but we had a few and was fine. If you are on a budget, use Garden Grocers . We did and worked great. Got case of water and stuff and was there waiting for us. Saved a bunch of money.

Buses were great. Never more then 10 minute wait at the resorts. We did stand coming back from the parks at night, but that was not an issue. Only whine we had was MK, Pop is the laaaast stop and you walk half way back to contempory to get the bus 

This was our first value stay. We have done many other WDW resorts. From POR, CSR, Cabins, YBC, etc. It was over $600 lower then French Quarter (where we were first booked) and felt it was worth it for this trip. With in laws going next time, we will go to a suite, but for this, it was perfect.

thanks for your review - I just booked Disney for our 7 night stay in June to save over $600 that it would cost us to upgrade to CBR.

Where is Garden Grocers, is it on POP property?

http://gardengrocer.com

We used them to deliver everything from water to suntan lotion. Prices were very good and delivery was $12.00. They make it very simple to order via online and have two hour blocks of time. It was all waiting for us when we arrived and we just tipped the bellmen at PoP to deliver to our room.

Honestly we were not 100% sure so we limited our order in case they were bad or messed up. Next time we will get more. It was nice to have milk, juice, breakfast stuff and the rest and “normal” prices and not spending Disney bucks on things. Ie Disney wanted $14 for 6oz bottle of sunscreen.

I see you got milk from Garden Grocer, did you have a fridge? I was thinking of just avoiding the fridge swap chaos and paying $10 a day for it.... are they even available?
Glad you had a nice time!

We did pay for the fridge and was very much worth it.

Also we found the portions for some items to be big (which was nice) but we could not finish in one shot. So the tie dye cheesecake and such was nice to keep in fridge and have another day.

It held enough for us. We had at least 6 soda and 6 waters in there at a time.

I spoke with an online res agent last night and asked about fridges. I was told that the POP had them available for $10 a night...my question is, can you use your Mini-bar instead of paying for a fridge?

There is no mini bar at the values (pop included in this).

So if you want a fridge, you have to do the swap for one or pay the $10 a day.

We found it worth it for the cost vs our use.

There are also many ice machines so if you are driving, bring a cooler and that would work out just fine. The ice is free btw.

Someone over at the new Disney mom panel said that they had coffee makers in the POP rooms now. Did you have one in your room?

Mayl wrote:
"There is no mini bar at the values (pop included in this).

So if you want a fridge, you have to do the swap for one or pay the $10 a day.

We found it worth it for the cost vs our use.

There are also many ice machines so if you are driving, bring a cooler and that would work out just fine. The ice is free btw."

What do you mean by "you have to do the swap for one?"
Thanks

Hi - We stayed at Pop 1/2 -1/8 and rented a fridge - although it was not in our room upon arrival we lucked out b/c they did not charge us...

My thoughts - room was great - much more stashing space than I imagined.
Family of 4 - 2 (L -XL) adults and two preschools fit nicely.

LOVED Gardengrocer.com - they even did an exchange for me when I ordered incorrectly - loved having pop, water, juice and breakfast items in our room.
Awesome delivery price.

I really liked POP Century - only complaint was it is a MOTEL... but I knew that going and in a dollar for dollar for the price everything about the place is great.

Next Disney trip - can't wait - husband says I have to wait at least 3 years... I might try to rent a DVC place from someone - 'cause they may not have the meal plan and I can see our family get alot of use out of a kitchenette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter