Pop Century Resort?

We stayed at the Pop last March with a 2 year old and it was great! We stayed in the 50's section on the 3rd floor. I loved it, loved it, loved it! The food court was very nice and we enjoyed the pools. He of course loved all the characters and the bright colors.

We did not have any problems with noise and it was very crowded when we were there or any long wait for the buses!

I highly recommend it!

Definitely check out POP's menu, there is a ton of variety and if you want dessert and are on the DDP, they have a sundae stand that you can have your receipt marked and go back within 90 mins to get it as your dessert instead of taking right then. That is so cool!

If I remember right there is 4 different stands all offering different dishes and then the sundae stand.
And on different nights of the week they do a "mom's dinner" which is old TV dinner style meals that are pretty good. I think there is a meatloaf, Turkey, and a fried chicken.

We love POP, have always wanted to try ASMu but POP lures me back because I love it so.

Nadjalu-That sundae bar sounds like so much fun! :cool1: And the receipt marking? I love that. That is SO Disney!

Thank you for all the food info. I really appreciate it. I just get tired of going places and there being chicken fingers, fries, mac and cheese, pizza, sandwiches and burgers. Those few extra choices make me really happy. :flower3:

We've stayed at two of the All Stars and just returned from our first time staying at Pop.

We thought the bus experience was much better at Pop. Sometimes at All Stars, a bus would come and only allow a few people on it. I know at one point during an All Star stay, we watched three buses come and go, board several people each time and we were still in line! Thank goodness we had our own car. I guess it's okay if you stay at the hotel that gets the first bus stop?

I also thought the distance you had to walk from the bus stops to your rooms at Pop is much better than the All Stars. We'd walk FOREVER from the buses to our rooms at All Stars. Pop seems much more compact and quicker to get where you need.

The food court at Pop is crazy, tho. Yeah, I guess the food is okay (like a food court at a mall I suppose?), but good luck finding a seat. It seemed cleaner and had more selection than the All Stars, but we went during value season when the parks were empty and had trouble finding a table in the food court every day of our stay for breakfast. Next trip, I would avoid the food court altogether and plan something else. But I witnessed really disgusting things at the food courts at All Stars, so I'd make alternative plans there, too.

Can't say much about the pools either way. We live in Florida and have our own pool, so Disney vacations are about the parks and not about pools. We also sleep with the tv on, so we didn't really notice noise at any of the onsite hotels.

I'd go Pop before I'd go back to an All Stars, but I'd avoid the food courts at all the values.

I am so happy you posted this. We stayed at All Star Movies last trip. We were there in July and on several trips we had to stand in the bus(kids included) because we were the last pick up from the All-stars. It did seem like we always had a wait and watched bus after bus pass us by for other resorts.

I have not experienced Pop yet but I plan on staying there for our next trip. I think it is worth it to me to try something different and for the most part it appears that Pop has quite a following.

Let me know what you decide. Hope to talk to you soon!

Yeah, we were a little miffed. :) But like you said, that was the only "bad" thing that happened really the whole trip so it was fantastic!

We probably won't decide until it gets closer. My vote is definitely POP Century. :)

Soundproofing between rooms was dreadful to us. Tiny rooms. Other than those two things, given its mission as a value hotel, we got our money's worth. YMMV, of course.

PrincessGrandma "We were at POP in 2007. I had heard how noisy it was, but we must have been in a quiet section (70's 3rd floor). We didn't hear a thing. In all fairness, we were always so tired, I don't know if anything could have woke us up. We had a great time. My DGD loves it and can't wait to go back this Sept. We considered staying in CSR this time so we'd have queen beds, but we love the POP food court and really appreciate those dedicated buses. After a long day, I'm glad the first (and only) stop is always POP!"

Oz-kateer "I stayed at Pop last October and we must have had a special room or something because we heard practically no sound at all, unlike the other poster who said they could hear every word the neighbours said. Granted, we were on the top floor, and we had a room at the back of the building facing away from the pool, so this could have made a difference. But apart from the odd distant muffled toilet flush, which you could only hear at night when you were lying in the dark waiting to go to sleep, it was really quiet anyway, we had no noise issues at all.

Apart from my DS snoring.

But lets face it, if you're a die hard Disneyfanatic, by the time you hit the sheets at night you're usually so exhausted you could sleep next to the freeway"

Thanks for posting! I'm hoping we get one of the SPECIAL :) rooms you guys got! Oh and it's true, we are SOO tired from the parks, we basically pass out as well! Hee hee. :)

We are looking forward to staying at the POP!! We are staying for the last 2 nights of our trip! My DS has wanted to stay there for the last few years but we wanted to try other resorts. We are staying at the WL for 7 nights then 2 at the POP! We changed our trip to 10 days!
Glad you started this thread, you received great replies!:thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked this thread. I hope you and your family have a GREAT time and enjoy POP Century! You'll have to let me know about it. :)

Soundproofing between rooms was dreadful to us. Tiny rooms. Other than those two things, given its mission as a value hotel, we got our money's worth. YMMV, of course.

Hmmm, I hope if we stay there we don't get a "noisy room" I'm sorry it was noisy for you. I always think it's interesting how these threads have so many contrasting responses. It makes me wonder if the ones that say it's no noisy are heavy sleepers. :)

You sound like my DH! He always always always tells me you get what you pay for! :)

Hmmm, I hope if we stay there we don't get a "noisy room" I'm sorry it was noisy for you. I always think it's interesting how these threads have so many contrasting responses. It makes me wonder if the ones that say it's no noisy are heavy sleepers. :)

You sound like my DH! He always always always tells me you get what you pay for! :)

We could hear the people next door talking. Talking.

We've stayed at two of the All Stars and just returned from our first time staying at Pop.

Thank you SO much for responding. I really wanted to hear from people who have stayed at both the All Stars and the POP. :)

We thought the bus experience was much better at Pop. Sometimes at All Stars, a bus would come and only allow a few people on it. I know at one point during an All Star stay, we watched three buses come and go, board several people each time and we were still in line! Thank goodness we had our own car. I guess it's okay if you stay at the hotel that gets the first bus stop?

I also thought the distance you had to walk from the bus stops to your rooms at Pop is much better than the All Stars. We'd walk FOREVER from the buses to our rooms at All Stars. Pop seems much more compact and quicker to get where you need.

I have heard mostly good stuff about the bus situation except when leaving the parks but I think all the resorts have that problem at the end of the night. And shorter distance from the bus stop is a DEFINITE perk. :woohoo:

The food court at Pop is crazy, tho. Yeah, I guess the food is okay (like a food court at a mall I suppose?), but good luck finding a seat. It seemed cleaner and had more selection than the All Stars, but we went during value season when the parks were empty and had trouble finding a table in the food court every day of our stay for breakfast. Next trip, I would avoid the food court altogether and plan something else. But I witnessed really disgusting things at the food courts at All Stars, so I'd make alternative plans there, too.

We don't spend too much time at the food courts, usually 2 meals the whole time tops. So I'm glad of that. :)

I'd go Pop before I'd go back to an All Stars, but I'd avoid the food courts at all the values.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Honestly, if the AC is running and the TV is on.. I typically have both running non-stop ... I can't hear a thing outside the room beyond the turbo-toilet flushes in adjacent rooms..

I just close the bathroom door to reduce that noise significantly.

We will definitely keep the bathroom door closed. AC will depend on when we go and the temp. TV is always a maybe. Thanks for the input. :)

We will definitely keep the bathroom door closed. AC will depend on when we go and the temp. TV is always a maybe. Thanks for the input. :)

The AC has a 'fan only' mode that is nice as a noise killer.

Just circulates the air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter