Pop Century Last Week Of August Meet

disneyjunkie

DIS Veteran
HEY POP PEOPLE

Since there will be so many of us staying at POP during this time, I thought we should try to plan a meet.

I have no idea where or when. In a park, at the resort, both.:confused3

Feel free to discuss your trip plans. Share ideas.

I really want to decorate my room window, but don't have a clue how to start.:sad2:

So when will you be there? Are you attending the Princess and Pirate Party? if so when?

____________________________________________________________________________________
DisneyjunkieAugust 22- September 4
PPP August 28

Crossfamily August 21- 29th
PPP August 21

ShhhQ August 28 - Sept 1.

Twilight Terror
August 21 - September 4
PPP - August 28

faindrops27 August 27- September 5

jbmom
August 25-September 3

lizardqueen
August 26 - September 4

Simbee3
August 26- September 6

:wizard: :wizard:
LaTanya

Awsome job.. We will be there the 21st to the 29th... PPP on the 21st.. I know a bunch of us are planning a meet by the pool on the 25th if anyone is in town that night.. In my sig. is a link to when we will be meeting first page has all the details.

Can't wait to meet everyone there...

My mom and I will be arriving at POP on the 28th and staying till Sept 1.

Here is our itinerary:
28th: Arrive and settle in. ADR = Cap'n Jacks 8:00pm
29th: AM MGM, afternoon AK (gonna do emh at AK). ADR = Maya Grill 9:00pm
(will probably get a little late start that morning as we are going to wait for ecv to arrive.... they say that they deliver by 9am but may keep us from arriving at parks by 9am)
30th: All day MK (including am EMH, if we wake early enough) ADR = Plaza Restaurant 6:10pm
31st: (My Birthday) We are gonna spend the whole day at Epcot. ADR = Coral Reef 5:40pm
1st: Pack up our belongings and use our last Counter Service meal for breakfast at Everything Pop before hitting the road.

OK, here's what I have planned so far. ( I don't how times it will change between now and them:rotfl2: )

August 22 Check into PC , MGM
August 23 MK (AM) Epcot (PM)
August 24 MGM
August 25 AK
August 26 check in and out of PC(I hope will be able to keep the same room)MK
August 27 AK(AM) MGM (PM)
August 28 Epcot (AM) Pirate Princess Party
August 29 Water park (AM) AK/DisneyQuest (PM)
August 30 MK
August 31 DisneyQuest (AM) Epcot (PM)
September 1 MGM (AM) MK (PM)
September 2 MK
September 3 AK(AM) MGM (PM)
September 4 Check out , Epcot, fly home:sad1: :sad1:
September 5 SLEEP ALL DAY:tilt: :tilt:

I'm sure one of our MK days will be changed to US/IOA and one will be changed to a water park day. My has decided he wants to do both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.pirate:

disneyjunkie said:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Disneyjunkie
August 22- September 4
PPP August 28

Our holiday details are almost identical to yours!

August 21 - September 4
PPP - August 28!!! (with BBB at 1pm) - I'll be in the Tinkerbell costume :rotfl:

So will definitely be seeing you around, perhaps on more than one occasion! :rotfl:

Hi everyone.

It will be me, and my two boys 13 & 5. Plus my mom & dad.

Here is our itinerary:

Arrive early Aug 27th - MK early. Mgm @ night. Ohana's dinner
August 28th - Epcot - Lecieller'
August 29th - Animal Kingdom - Boma'
August 30th - Magic Kingdom - Eating at Kona' for breakfast. Dinner Crystal Palace.
August 31st - Epcot - Raglan Rd
Sept 1st - Dont really know. But, having Wolfgang pucks for dinner. We have a 10 day park hopper ticket, so whatever the boys want to do. I may let them sleep a little later, too this day. :lmao:
Sept 2nd - Magic Kingdom - Ohana'
Sept 3rd - Ak day, Mgm @ night - Lecieller'
Sept 4th - Epcot - Spoodles
Sept 5th- I dont even want to think about this day. We go home.

I have my lunches pretty much planned out. But, I have to step out to get my mother one last mothers day gift. So, no time to type them out. Disneyjunkie, guess since we are commando type Disers we will see each other pretty often at the bus stops early. Do tell about the cruise. When is it?? How much per person so far?? I never took one. So give me details. TIA.

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY EVERYONE!!

Disneyjunkie, guess since we are commando type Disers we will see each other pretty often at the bus stops early. Do tell about the cruise. When is it?? How much per person so far?? I never took one. So give me details. TIA.
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY EVERYONE!!

I was able to book an Illuminations cruise during our 2004 trip, which we shared with a few other DISers.

Things have changed a bit since then. The price has increased while the number of people a boat will hold has decreased.:confused3

In 2004 we spilt the cost per family and each person added a tip while there. I think now most DISers split the cost per person and include the tip.

We were picked up at the Beach Club at 8:00pm. We sailed around the area for about 45 minutes before heading over to Epcot. After Illuminations, we were dropped off at Beach Club.

Hi, we will be at Pop Aug. 25-Sept. 3. It will be my 2 sons and my mil. We are not going to do the PPP, but would like to try to do a meet. I want to decorate my window too, but am not sure what to do other than lgmhs.
Itinerary:
Aug. 26 MGM
Aug. 27 Epcot
Aug. 28 MK
Aug. 29 MK
Aug. 30 Epcot
Aug. 31 AK
Sept. 1 Epcot
Sept. 2 MK

Hi everyone.

August 29th - Animal Kingdom - Boma'
August 30th - Magic Kingdom - Eating at Kona' for breakfast. Dinner Crystal Palace.
August 31st - Epcot - Raglan Rd

Very Similar to our, except the dinners.... and we have to split the 29th between AK and MGM to be able to see all the parks.... Will probably see you several times... Just look for a mother-daughter set probably both riding ECV's (she definately will have one, I will have one only if money allows, as she has mobility issues and won't get far without one and I have bad feet, but deal with the pain on a daily basis)

As for lunches, we haven't the foggiest ideas where to eat.... may just stop and eat at the nearest ddp counter service place when we get hungry.... Not sure whether to eat while still at MGM or wait till we get to AK on the 29th or a good place to eat on the 30th at MK... was thinking about Sunshine Seasons for the 31st but unsure. Any suggestions as to a good place?

Thank you for the Mother's day wishes!!

Shhhq. I get so excited about going. That I try to plan out everything, in the days leading up to my vacay. I also love to eat. So, I pretty much scour all the menu's on allearnet, website. To see, what I can get for snacks, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes, it doesnt pan out, Down to the letter. But, I know pretty much what I would like to try before I leave.

When I am in Mk. I have to have Cosmic Rays. At least once.
Epcot, Tangeriene Cafe, it is delish
Animal Kingdom. I have never had lunch here. But, I guess. I will have to settle for flame tree bbq. Since, I believe the Tusker house will be closed.
Mgm, I skip cs here, always. I am thinking. I may head to downtown disney, for a cs, at wolfgang puck' express. I never had it. But, I hear it is really good.

So, everything else. I pretty much play it by ear.

My mother also uses an ECV. Her knees are so bad. Hurt her constantly. I feel so bad for her pain. But, she is a Disney or bust trooper. :)

Anyhow, I can't wait to meet you all!! :)

My mom(51), sister(32) and I(35) will be staying at POP August 26th to August 31st. Here are our plans:

Sunday, 8/26: Arrive in Orlando (still need to make flight arrangements), get checked in and head to MK or DTD (maybe both!)

Monday, 8/27: MGM - Brown Derby at 4:40 PM

Tuesday, 8/28: Epcot - Coral Reef at 4:40 PM

Wednesday, 8/29: AK - Wolfgang Puck's at 6:30 PM

Thursday, 8/30: MK - Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:40 PM

Friday, 8/31: Either do DTD or another park in the morning/early afternoon, then head home. :sad1:

I am sooooo looking forward to this trip. I have never been to all 4 parks (only MK and Epcot [but not WS]) and have never stayed on Disney property. My mom and sister have never been. DM and DS came to visit us over Easter weekend. It was DM's first trip to Chicago. I left a welcome basket at their hotel. I included 2 copies of the Disney planning DVD for them. DM has watched hers a few times and keeps getting more excited each time. We have never taken a family vacation - ever. So we are really looking forward to this time for just the three of us.

I hate to wish away the summer, but come on August!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

My mom(51), sister(32) and I(35) will be staying at POP August 26th to August 31st. Here are our plans:

Sunday, 8/26: Arrive in Orlando (still need to make flight arrangements), get checked in and head to MK or DTD (maybe both!)

Monday, 8/27: MGM - Brown Derby at 4:40 PM

Tuesday, 8/28: Epcot - Coral Reef at 4:40 PM

Wednesday, 8/29: AK - Wolfgang Puck's at 6:30 PM

Thursday, 8/30: MK - Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:40 PM

Friday, 8/31: Either do DTD or another park in the morning/early afternoon, then head home. :sad1:

I am sooooo looking forward to this trip. I have never been to all 4 parks (only MK and Epcot [but not WS]) and have never stayed on Disney property. My mom and sister have never been. DM and DS came to visit us over Easter weekend. It was DM's first trip to Chicago. I left a welcome basket at their hotel. I included 2 copies of the Disney planning DVD for them. DM has watched hers a few times and keeps getting more excited each time. We have never taken a family vacation - ever. So we are really looking forward to this time for just the three of us.

I hate to wish away the summer, but come on August!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Hey! Welcome to our little group of late August POPpers! It looks like everyone will be there at some point on the 28-29 (unless I misread)... since you have been to epcot, you are a step ahead of me. I also agree with you.... August can't come soon enough!!!! :yay: :cool1: :banana:

Didn't want this thread to get lost.... also was wondering if anyone had any new ideas about a meet!

Shhq, I am open to any ideas. Also, I have noticed there are alot of August Pop threads going around. I am trying to follow all of them. :lmao:

I'll be there, August 26 - September 4. Actually, I think I may be flying in on the 25th and getting a room before my actual "package" begins. My flight would be way cheaper if I did it that way.

So here are my plans:

8/26 Magic Kingdom w/afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian @ 2pm

8/27 MGM w/lunch at 50's PTC @ 1pm

8/28 Epcot in the morning and heading to PPP that night -- no ADR's as of yet

8/29 Animal Kingdom and probably Jellyrolls in the PM -- no ADR's as of yet

8/30 Magic Kingdom -- have an Ohana ADR at 9:30am, but may change that

8/31 Epcot w/lunch at Coral Reef at noon

9/1 Animal Kingdom or MGM in the morning/afternoon and dinner at Narcoossee's at 9:30p,

9/2 Magic Kingdom w/lunch at LTT @ 1pm

9/3 relax in the morning, will try to get an ADR for Boma for breakfast
going to the PPP tonight

9/4 not really sure what I'll be doing today, but my flight leaves MCO @ 8:45pm -- no ADR's as of yet

I'd really like to meet up with other people for maybe a drink or a couple of rides. I've never done a solo trip for this long before and would like to be able to look forward to some company once in awhile. If you'd like to meet up, send me a message and we can arrange something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!