Poor Unfortunate Souls ~ A Spooktacular Trip Back to the World! UPDATE Reality Check

We interrupt this trip report to bring you some breaking news!!!

We have been ever so naughty and last night we...
booked...
A Christmas trip to...
SleepingBeautysCastle-1.jpg

Disneyland Paris!!!

We are very excited as its been about four years since we were last there :cheer2: :banana: :yay: :dance3:

We booked two nights at the Newport Bay Club staying on the Admiral Floor with a lake view. The hotel looks really lovely, very Yach/Beach Club esq.

NewportBayClubSmall.jpg

Its gonna be a great mini break as its just after Christmas, there's lots of new things to see and experience and believe it or not I am actually looking forward to the weather at that time as it will make it even more authentic :teeth: Am already preparing and browsing for coats and thermals :laughing:

That's not naughty ! That's really, really NICE!!!:thumbsup2party::dance3:
Congrats - can't wait to read THAT trip report!!

She is a bad influence on me, Disneyland Paris just never gets cheaper. I remember the last time we went we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and managed to get a huge discount/saving on the room. When we were pricing it up a few nights ago, we looked at staying 2 nights for new years eve/day and the price for tickets and hotel alone was £1700 / $2700. CRAZY amount of money so we decided against that lol. Should be interesting to see how much the place has changed as there are lots of new rides, restaurants and characters. We plan on eating at Walts on Main Street and Inventions.

I cant wait to take loads and loads of photos :woohoo:

Such exciting news!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about that trip! Plus... it'll make waiting for your Disneymoon a little easier! :thumbsup2

SleepingBeautysCastle-1.jpg

Disneyland Paris!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Fantastic!! I am soooo completely jealous and can't wait to hear all about it! :jumping1: :hyper: :jumping1:

Delish looking food at Cali Grill -- so sorry you were knackered (LOVE that word by the way) to completely enjoy it. The view looks incredible! I love the looks of that chicken flatbread and had to read twice those were only your appetizers :rolleyes: ..... the steaks look heavenly!!

Definately going to try and find a way to fit that in next trip.

WOW! That's awesome!!! We had seriously considered Disneyland Paris for our honeymoon. The castle there is so beautiful. (Eddie Izzard does a skit about how people in the USA don't appreciate old things and other countries have buildings that have been around for thousands of years and we just tear them down as soon as they start looking old. Anyway, he got onto how Disney came to Paris and built a castle and they said "We better make it a bit larger, they'll actually got them here!")

So excited to see that TR!! Maybe we'll go there for our 10th anniversary!

Hi and :welcome:

It is naughty really, as we shouldn't be going on short mini breaks right now, what with our wedding, moving out and the Disneymoon. But such is the Disney addiction :laughing:

Stick around for the TR as I will defo be doing one when we get back.

She is a bad influence on me, Disneyland Paris just never gets cheaper. I remember the last time we went we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and managed to get a huge discount/saving on the room. When we were pricing it up a few nights ago, we looked at staying 2 nights for new years eve/day and the price for tickets and hotel alone was £1700 / $2700. CRAZY amount of money so we decided against that lol. Should be interesting to see how much the place has changed as there are lots of new rides, restaurants and characters. We plan on eating at Walts on Main Street and Inventions.

I cant wait to take loads and loads of photos :woohoo:

I'm not a bad influence :rolleyes1

Such exciting news!!!!!! I am so happy for you both! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about that trip! Plus... it'll make waiting for your Disneymoon a little easier! :thumbsup2

Its a great way to spend Christmas and is a small fix whilst we wait true :goodvibes

:eek::eek::eek:

Fantastic!! I am soooo completely jealous and can't wait to hear all about it! :jumping1: :hyper: :jumping1:

Delish looking food at Cali Grill -- so sorry you were knackered (LOVE that word by the way) to completely enjoy it. The view looks incredible! I love the looks of that chicken flatbread and had to read twice those were only your appetizers :rolleyes: ..... the steaks look heavenly!!

Definately going to try and find a way to fit that in next trip.

Its gonna be so much fun. Am going to book our dining reservations tomorrow, just need to work out times and such first :teeth: Get this, normal park hours are 9:30am at the mo and hotel guests can enter the park 2hrs before, meaning we get in at 7:30am!!!

I would highly recommend Cali the food is fantastic and the view is phenomenal to watch the fireworks.

You're doing better than I did with my first TR :thumbsup2 I always had a day (or seven) between updates. They are time consuming! Keep up the good work popcorn::

Updates take a while to actually put together, there's all the uploading and typing and making sure you don't loose what you typed etc So I tend to update more in the evenings when I get a chance, as lunch hours fly by too quickly for me :(

That's awesome!!! I was expecting another trip, but the Paris was a curve ball! When does that PTR start....or has it already? :lmao:

I think I might incorporate a mini PTR into this TR and the same for TR as the DLRP TR's on the UK Forum are weird, people update each day in separate threads, rather than posts :confused3

WOW! That's awesome!!! We had seriously considered Disneyland Paris for our honeymoon. The castle there is so beautiful. (Eddie Izzard does a skit about how people in the USA don't appreciate old things and other countries have buildings that have been around for thousands of years and we just tear them down as soon as they start looking old. Anyway, he got onto how Disney came to Paris and built a castle and they said "We better make it a bit larger, they'll actually got them here!")

So excited to see that TR!! Maybe we'll go there for our 10th anniversary!

Stick around for the TR, I am sure it will convince you to defo go sooner, if not for your 10 Anniversary :)

I still prefer Cinderella's Castle to Sleeping Beauty's, but it is pretty and you can actually go inside this one properly and also see the dragon at the bottom too :teeth:

LLT is still family style with characters for dinner, its just lunchtime that's not character. We tried dinner on our first trip and loved it, the food was good too. It was the first time I had experienced Disney mash (soft and creamy) and was obsessed for the rest of that trip with mash :laughing:

Actually, there no longer are characters at LTT for dinner (they stopped that over a year ago).

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks great, especially that cake for Dave's birthday. :worship:

Your news for the trip to Disneyland Paris is wonderful. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I fully hold Karin responsible for this trip, she planted the seed in Stefs mind during her trip report.

Cali Grill was very good and will be tried again for sure. I have actually forgotten what we did some days and ate etc so im sorta reading along with the rest of you ;)

I fully hold Karin responsible for this trip, she planted the seed in Stefs mind during her trip report.

Cali Grill was very good and will be tried again for sure. I have actually forgotten what we did some days and ate etc so im sorta reading along with the rest of you ;)

That Karin and Tom--such troublemakers! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You guys will have a blast.

Mark reads my TR as I write it because he forgets too. ;)

I am loving your TR!! It makes me so excited for our trip at the end of the month! It will be our first time to go to Disney!

You better be nice to me young man!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I got YOU a present in DLRP! :goodvibes Well, I go Stefy one too, but yours was way more trouble!

That Karin and Tom--such troublemakers! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you, Kathy, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: I guess I just caught up here in time or .........................

By the way, Stefy and Dave,

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance3: :banana: :cheer2: Congratulations on booking your DLRP trip! Newport Bay is wonderful, you're going to love the view of the lake and the parks are just out of this world for Christmas!!! :cheer2: :banana: :dance3:

Great updates, just got all caught up again and I promise I won't fall behind for the next week, then I need to take my kiddos to Vienna for a week :scared1: and I wonder how much DIS I'll get to do!

I am loving your TR!! It makes me so excited for our trip at the end of the month! It will be our first time to go to Disney!

I'm glad you are enjoying it :goodvibes There is loads of cool stuff still to come. You must be so excited, the first trip is always extra extra special.

You better be nice to me young man!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I got YOU a present in DLRP! :goodvibes Well, I go Stefy one too, but yours was way more trouble!

Thank you, Kathy, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: I guess I just caught up here in time or .........................

By the way, Stefy and Dave,

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance3: :banana: :cheer2: Congratulations on booking your DLRP trip! Newport Bay is wonderful, you're going to love the view of the lake and the parks are just out of this world for Christmas!!! :cheer2: :banana: :dance3:

Great updates, just got all caught up again and I promise I won't fall behind for the next week, then I need to take my kiddos to Vienna for a week :scared1: and I wonder how much DIS I'll get to do!

LOL i'm sorry!!! I will behave from now on but I thought that might get you out of hiding ;) Though it was your TR that pushed her over the edge to book, you know she has been talking about it for months lol. I dont suppose you are in the area over christmas/new years? ;)

Cant wait to see my present :D

LOL i'm sorry!!! I will behave from now on but I thought that might get you out of hiding ;) Though it was your TR that pushed her over the edge to book, you know she has been talking about it for months lol. I dont suppose you are in the area over christmas/new years? ;)

Cant wait to see my present :D

No need to be sorry, Dave! :goodvibes Mickey is very happy with me for pushing more guests through his European gates! :rotfl2:

I know Stefy has been thinking about DLRP for a while, we did talk about it before you went on vacation.
Unfortunately Christmas/New Years at DLRP is not in our future, but I really hope you are doing a trip report and take us along for the ride! ;)

I need to get your present wrapped and ready to travel, guess it will go in the mail on Tuesday! Hope you like yours and Stefy will like hers! :hug: Guess I better add one of the new park maps I picked up, so you can get even more excited - lots of new things to discover!!! :thumbsup2

WOW... Disneyland Paris.. I am jealous!

Still never ever been... every time I price it up, it just seems more cost-effective to hop on over to WDW ;) .. but I will get there, one day!

Love the look of that hotel, it was designed by the same architect as the Yacht & Beach Club :thumbsup2

It'll be perfect just after xmas too! :santa:

Happy weekend!

x

That is excellent news that you guys have a Paris trip to look forward to!:cloud9:I've not long finished reading the unofficial guide to DLRP and I am sooo interested in going in the next few years! Part of the reason that inspired me in the first place was your halloween pictures from your previous trip!:goodvibes... But like Dave says the prices for the Disneyland hotel can get a bit crazy!

That is such exciting news about Disneyland Paris! I just came back from my first trip there in September and had such a good time. I can't wait to go back. You guys will have a great time. I have to say I absolutely loved Space Mountain there!

That is such exciting news about Disneyland Paris! I just came back from my first trip there in September and had such a good time. I can't wait to go back. You guys will have a great time. I have to say I absolutely loved Space Mountain there!

We much prefer Space Mountain in Paris, though I always smash my head off the harness repeatedly :(

2 rides I am looking forward to the most. Stitch live and Crushes Coaster :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter