Pools at Portofino Bay

TNKim

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about how difficult it is to get lounge chairs at both the Beach Pool and Villa Pool at Portofino in late May, early June, and whether there is any shaded areas or if there are umbrellas with some of the lounge chairs? I know the Beach pool has 3 cabanas, and there are more at the Villa pool. Where can I find the price of the cabanas and how are they booked? And does anyone know if there are discounts on the cabanas if you are Club Level? We plan a few pool days and will really need some shade if we are there very long!

We have done mid May and August and it wasn’t an issue to grab chairs in the shade. We take mid afternoon pool breaks and The pools were not that crowded. Especially the Villa pool. There were a good amount of Umbrellas. I believe there are discounts for club level to rent cabanas but I think you have to call to find out prices. I have never rented one so I can’t really comment. I remember the discount being advertised last time we stayed club level.

i have never had a problem getting chairs at the Villa pool. There are a few umbrellas, but not many that I recall. I usually go early in the day to get an umbrella because I can't sit in the sun. It is not usually very busy. There are also some palm trees to give shade. I don't usually rent a cabana and I have not been to the Beach pool in years. There is a stickied Portofino Bay thread above or try this the Loew's website -

For a more private retreat, rent one of three colorful beach cabanas at the family-friendly Beach Pool complete with amenities such as a ceiling fan, phone, Plasma TV, a refrigerator with water, soda and a fruit bowl. Offering more exclusivity with upgraded amenities and lounge chairs, the serene Villa Pool is the perfect place to also rent a cabana and relax for a couple of hours or the entire afternoon. Contact the Concierge at 407-503-1200 for more information.

You rent the cabanas at the towel kiosk at the main pool. Last dec our villa cabana was $100 and i believe the main pool ones are $250. There is no club discount that I am aware of.

edit: You can reserve ahead of time but since we only do the villa cabanas I never have since there are 6 of them and both times we've done it there were plenty available.

Can anyone tell me about how difficult it is to get lounge chairs at both the Beach Pool and Villa Pool at Portofino in late May, early June, and whether there is any shaded areas or if there are umbrellas with some of the lounge chairs? I know the Beach pool has 3 cabanas, and there are more at the Villa pool. Where can I find the price of the cabanas and how are they booked? And does anyone know if there are discounts on the cabanas if you are Club Level? We plan a few pool days and will really need some shade if we are there very long!
Well I just happen to call them this morning to check prices. Beach Pool is $250 and Villa Pool is $150 (Aug). I’m uncertain if prices are different for May/June. We did reserve one for Beach Pool and it includes TV, Cooler, Safe, 4 lounge chairs, table, 6 sodas, fruit platter and water. I have no idea on discounts for CL. You may consider reserving one and cancelling later if you opt out but there were only 2 left (I don’t know how many total they have, didn’t ask) as of this AM for a date in August. It’s billed to your room so perhaps better safe than sorry.

Well I just happen to call them this morning to check prices. Beach Pool is $250 and Villa Pool is $150 (Aug). I’m uncertain if prices are different for May/June. We did reserve one for Beach Pool and it includes TV, Cooler, Safe, 4 lounge chairs, table, 6 sodas, fruit platter and water. I have no idea on discounts for CL. You may consider reserving one and cancelling later if you opt out but there were only 2 left (I don’t know how many total they have, didn’t ask) as of this AM for a date in August. It’s billed to your room so perhaps better safe than sorry.
There are only 3 at the main pool.

i've got one for august 17th and was 250 as well :) maybe we'll see you there!

Spent the afternoon at the Villa pool yesterday. I counted 18 umbrellas 🙂. There were a few open most of the afternoon with people coming and going. Water is not heated, but you get used to it in a few minutes! I got there shortly after noon, it got busier as the day went on

We are HR regulars and rent cabanas each trip. They do offer discounts for the cabanas for CL guests. BUT, if you take the CL discount you do not get the $50 food credit. We always opt for the food credit instead of the CL discount since $50 food credit goes further than the CL discount.

We are trying out Portofino (somewhat reluctantly but HR was not available for our dates) this next trip so looking to try one of their cabanas for the first time. So not certain yet if they do everything the same but both are Lowes so I suspect they are. The particulars for the set up in their cabanas are the same. And yes, the prices one the ones at HR do fluctuate seasonally. I would expect them to at Portofino too.

Last edited:
We are HR regulars and rent cabanas each trip. They do offer discounts for the cabanas for CL guests. BUT, if you take the CL discount you do not get the $50 food credit. We always opt for the food credit instead of the CL discount since $50 food credit goes further than the CL discount.

We are trying out Portofino (somewhat reluctantly but HR was not available for our dates) this next trip so looking to try one of their cabanas for the first time. So not certain yet if they do everything the same but both are Lowes so I suspect they are. The particulars for the set up in their cabanas are the same. And yes, the prices one the ones at HR do fluctuate seasonally. I would expect them to at Portofino too.
We rented at RPR in June and we were told the food credit is gone now. We were grandfathered in based on when we booked it, but you might want to verify for future bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter