Pool water temperature in late January

godfather927

Mouseketeer
Probably way too subjective of a question but I'll ask anyway... We are looking to book a late Jan or early Feb stay at one or two of the following resorts, does anyone know if the pool water is heated enough to make a mid-day pool break tolerable enough for a low to mid 70's type of day?

Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs
POR - Riverside
Art of Animation

As you acknowledge, tolerable is subjective.

It can get pretty cold at night in Orlando and even heated pools lose heat.

Our experience is that the pools are colder than we like, they can even be somewhat unpleasant, but they are tolerable.

Thanks for the initial feedback, does anyone know if there's a different between the pools in the resorts I listed? Not sure if one pool might be slightly more or less heated than any of the others, which might influence us to choose that resort. Or likewise, if any of them even have a hot tub.

EDIT: just answered my own question on the hot tubs, looks like all the above have them except for AoA

Thanks for the initial feedback, does anyone know if there's a different between the pools in the resorts I listed? Not sure if one pool might be slightly more or less heated than any of the others, which might influence us to choose that resort. Or likewise, if any of them even have a hot tub.

EDIT: just answered my own question on the hot tubs, looks like all the above have them except for AoA
There might be a slight difference but I think Disney has a temperature standard they try to stick to.

The differences between a value resort and moderate resort are the moderate resorts have: pool slide, hot tub, and a sit down restaurant.

Probably way too subjective of a question but I'll ask anyway... We are looking to book a late Jan or early Feb stay at one or two of the following resorts, does anyone know if the pool water is heated enough to make a mid-day pool break tolerable enough for a low to mid 70's type of day?

Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs
POR - Riverside
Art of Animation
ALL Disney pools are heated, the only difference you will feel will depend on the air temperature, can't control that.

Moderates and up have hot tubs, but Coronado Springs is one if not the largest on property seating many guests. I think CBR has two and POR has one.

All of AoA pools are themed and fun, the moderates secondary pools have no theme.

ALL Disney pools are heated, the only difference you will feel will depend on the air temperature, can't control that.

Moderates and up have hot tubs, but Coronado Springs is one if not the largest on property seating many guests. I think CBR has two and POR has one.

All of AoA pools are themed and fun, the moderates secondary pools have no theme.
to add POR can use French Quarter's pool so that's fun if you're having a resort day.

My experience is that smaller pools tend to be nominally warmer during colder months.

My theory is that the smaller volume of water make these easier to heat up.

Of the 4 hotels you list, all have large primary pools. Some have smaller secondary pools.

Disney aims to heat to the low 80's
I don't think it reaches there in the cooler days

I'll add that a day in the 70's and clouds feels WAAAAY different in the pool than a day in the 70's and sunny. Night and day different. So it's considerably more to consider than temps

My experience is that smaller pools tend to be nominally warmer during colder months.

My theory is that the smaller volume of water make these easier to heat up.

Of the 4 hotels you list, all have large primary pools. Some have smaller secondary pools.
Pretty sure all 4 of those have smaller secondary pools. Several if memory serves me right.

I will add that a pool in the low 80s is still a good 15 degrees colder than your body temp so it may feel quite cool.

It isn't, but it will feel that way.

In my experience, when you go swimming in January the parts of you under water are fine, and the parts of you above water are COLD. So idk proceed with caution.

CBR was tolerable for the kids when we were there Jan 11-17. I didn't get in the pool, but my aunt & uncle, cousins, an their kids all did and had a great time.

Be aware that the hot tub gets absolutely overrun with children, and often unsupervised children. At one point we were in there with 12 kids, all under 12, most without parents present. It was...less than enjoyable. They really need an adults only hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter