• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pool Kid Safety Gear - Busy Holiday Weekend (July 4th)

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are leaving for our first family trip to WDW in a few days and I was discussing with my wife if we will need to bring the vest/float stuff for the kiddos. I’m most videos I’ve seen it seems like the DVC/hotel resorts have those out for those who need them. I’d like to keep the bulk down on what we have to transport on the plane if we can.

Do you think we need to bring those or will the resorts have plenty? We should spend most of our time at SSR, but our guide said he will give us access to the other resorts and we might try the pool at CCV or VGF.

Thanks for your help with our question!

They have plenty, but your guide was misinformed you can not use CCV or VGF resort pools or any other DVC pool currently.

They have plenty, but your guide was misinformed you can not use CCV or VGF resort pools or any other DVC pool currently.
Sounds good. I think it was because we are looking to purchase VGF we might be able to check it out. With that said we might just stick with SSR pool as it looks cool and traveling from resort to resort after being in the pool doesn’t sound as fun :)

I was at SSR last week, both Paddock and High Springs pools had plenty of kid life jackets.

What pool is best for younger kiddos? We will be in the standard rooms but we could walk if it’s worth it. We will also have a car so we could drive if needed.

High Springs has the pool games and activities (per the guide at certain times) and slides. Paddock has a bigger slide and a great small kids splash area playground thing. The quiet pools are nice for plain swimming. Plenty of pool towels at all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter