Pool Deck Area and Virtual Queues On Disney Cruise Line

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Edit 23 July these will be the same procedures for the US based cruises when they restart in August 2021

A lot of people have been wondering how this will work.

This is brand new information from the first videos from the UK Disney Magic Test Cruise

The pool deck is open and accessible to everyone.
All the food places on the pool deck are open.
There are hand washing stations and cm's making sure that people wash hands before getting food.

The ice-cream stations are open but it is now being served by cm's. There is hand sanitizer by the station and they ask you to use it. There is a table in front of each station and they put the cone into a holder on the table and then you take it out of the holder.
screencap from Charlotte Ruff Youtube video

icecream.jpg

All the tables and chairs along the sides of the pool deck, along the sides of the ship are there and accessible to everyone.

The actual pool area, the centre part of the deck, with all the sun loungers and under the Funnel Vison is roped off and there is only one way in and one way out. This part of the deck is only accessible by using the Virtual Queue. The check in for Goofys Pool Area is beside the door to The Edge. No food or drink are allowed in these areas.

The soda station is open but again there is a cm stationed there who gets the drinks and there are tables placed so that guests can not go near the soda machines.

soda.jpg

Last edited:
Is this your video? I am watching it now and noticed that the crew member serving the cone did not have a mask on. If this is your video and you did the cruise, could you please share what areas and when you are required to wear a mask and social distance. I also heard the lady in the video say that there was no sail away party, so that is a bummer.

Is this your video? I am watching it now and noticed that the crew member serving the cone did not have a mask on. If this is your video and you did the cruise, could you please share what areas and when you are required to wear a mask and social distance. I also heard the lady in the video say that there was no sail away party, so that is a bummer.
Masks aren’t required outdoors on the UK staycation sailings but social distancing is everywhere I believe.

A lot of people have been wondering how this will work.

This is brand new information from the first videos from the UK Disney Magic Test Cruise

The pool deck is open and accessible to everyone.
All the food places on the pool deck are open.
There are hand washing stations and cm's making sure that people wash hands before getting food.

The ice-cream stations are open but it is now being served by cm's. There is hand sanitizer by the station and they ask you to use it. There is a table in front of each station and they put the cone into a holder on the table and then you take it out of the holder.

View attachment 588191

All the tables and chairs along the sides of the pool deck, along the sides of the ship are there and accessible to everyone.

The actual pool area, the centre part of the deck, with all the sun loungers and under the Funnel Vison is roped off and there is only one way in and one way out. This part of the deck is only accessible by using the Virtual Queue. The check in for Goofys Pool Area is beside the door to The Edge. No food or drink are allowed in these areas.

The soda station is open but again there is a cm stationed there who gets the drinks and there are tables placed so that guests can not go near the soda machines.

View attachment 588189
Thank you for the details...you are wonderful in all of your posts...again, THANKS!!😊

Thanks to @dancingtodisney AKA Karen Bee from YouTube who was on the test cruise, there is no virtual queue for the adults only pool area. Only one party in the hot tub at a time.

bumping to the first page as these will be the same procedures for the US based cruises when they restart in August 2021

bumping to the first page as these will be the same procedures for the US based cruises when they restart in August 2021
I was told as of yesterday that there will NO longer be virtual queues for the pool deck areas. As we know, these changes remain fluid so please try not to be upset if it changes back to virtual queues for certain deck areas around the pools. I am so appreciative of all the information that has been provided because it helps us set expectations. Thanks to all who are sharing what they've heard/experienced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter