Pool and beach toys?

kathy6890

Earning My Ears
On the "photo of the day" page there is a picture of a child holding a pool noodle. Is there room in the pool on the ship for toys? floats? noodles?

Also-what about at CC are there beach toys?

If not, are there beach buckets etc to purchase on the ship for other island beaches?

Thanks,

Kathy

They sell buckets and other toys at CC but none sitting around on the beach for free.

We actually ordered the sand pail from The Perfect Gift for our kids as a special treat for when they got on the stateroom (like the cruise itself wasn't enough). The medium pail had plenty of sand toys and shovels in it for the beach, although the bucket itself was too big to pack to come home. In addition to the toys there was some candy and snacks for them, yes more stuff they really didn't need but enjoyed.

I also "invested" in a fruity drink of the day in a plastic coconut cup at CC. I got the contents, the kids got the cup. It made great dome shaped sand castles.

I don't recall seeing anyone in the pool with a noodle. The pool can get crowded, especially the afternoon of departure and full days at sea.
Jeff.

We bought a small sand bucket and ashovelon Castaway Cay but thought it was overpriced. For our next cruise, I have been picking up beach supplies now, since it is the end of the season. I plan to mail them to the ship before we go and whatever we can't bring back, we will leave on the island. I have found really good deals ($.30 for buckets and shovels) so it won't bother me to leave them behind if I need to.

I have found really good deals ($.30 for buckets and shovels) so it won't bother me to leave them behind if I need to.

Just out of curiousity, where have you been able to find them on sale. I am in Maryland and have been looking, but have not found any so far. I think I may have waited a little too long. :sad2:

On the "photo of the day" page there is a picture of a child holding a pool noodle. Is there room in the pool on the ship for toys? floats? noodles?

Kathy

There is no room in the ships pools for floats, there is barely room for PEOPLE half the time LOL nevermind a float.

Nope - no room for noodles or anything else onboard at the pools.
After much pondering, we ended up purchasing some beach toys at CC - they weren't really all that much and we truly didn't have the extra room in our suitcases to bring the ourselves. Glad we got them.
I have heard talk of floats being available late in the day at CC, after those that have rented them aren't using them, but that was definitely not the case when we were there - no extra floats (or hammocks) to be had at all.

Just out of curiousity, where have you been able to find them on sale. I am in Maryland and have been looking, but have not found any so far. I think I may have waited a little too long. :sad2:

I got ours at Target, WalMart and CVS. I suffer from OPS (obsessive planner syndrome) so I have been planning and shopping for a long time. :) Most of this stuff I bought last season or in August and September of this year. Hope you can still find some things.:wizard: Although the prices on CC weren't completely outragous, I thought $15 for 1 small pail and shovel was high and would rather get them on special!

GRant it, we bring our own too and leave them behind. The room they took up is now replaced by new things we pick up at port or on the ship. You know all that stuff that has to be declared on the "customs form". Weget ours at the end of the season as well, but do not mail them. I feel, by the time you mail them, you are not really saving much money. We did a couple of cruises buy things at CC, but I do not recall it being sooo $high$. Grant it, we did not stop at the first barrel of stuff. We did spend a little more for the big Mickey shovel. I just wonder if sooo many of us are buying the toys and leave them behind, why can't DCL collect them and keep them for other kids to use. Kind of the first come first serve thing.:hippie:

You can sign out pails and shovels with the oceaneer's club on the island. We were on the Sept 1st Eastern and that's what we did. DD only played with it for a little while so we were glad to not waste any money buying something that we were going to leave behind.

You can sign out pails and shovels with the oceaneer's club on the island. We were on the Sept 1st Eastern and that's what we did. DD only played with it for a little while so we were glad to not waste any money buying something that we were going to leave behind.

How do you go about signing out pails and shovels?

Ed

Once you are on CC go to the kids club on the beach. Just ask the counsellors at the check in desk and they will give them to you. The bucket, shovels, and toys are the same as the ones you buy on the island. It' first come first served, but I imagine they have lots.

I have asked people in the thread for the ship before ours to see if anyone has some pails that they will leave behind - and if maybe they would be kind enough to leave them for us.

Then I went to the thread for the ship leaving after us - and offered to leave them there for someone if they were interested - so this may work out really well, and nobody is stuck trying to bring stuff home.

I hope it works - otherwise I will order them from Perfect Gift and then leave them behind.

Do they have an air pump to blow up floats you have bought from home? I happened upon some on clearance for $.75 so I picked a few up, just don't know if I should bother if I have to inflate them by mouth.

Denise in MI

I bought a gift basket for my son from The Perfect Gift. It came in a BIG sand bucket and it had a lot of sand toys in at - as I had requested. I'm glad I had it at Castaway Cay.

I have asked people in the thread for the ship before ours to see if anyone has some pails that they will leave behind - and if maybe they would be kind enough to leave them for us.

Then I went to the thread for the ship leaving after us - and offered to leave them there for someone if they were interested - so this may work out really well, and nobody is stuck trying to bring stuff home.

I hope it works - otherwise I will order them from Perfect Gift and then leave them behind.

Where would the beach toys be left so the next wave of cruisers would get to them?

I would think DCL staff would clean the beach after each use to remove all trash and items left behind. (beach toys, discarded beach towels, the odd flip flop, etc) so the next set of vactioners would not need to encounter items not naturally found in nature. ;)

Maybe they give it to the Oceaneer Club for use. But I highly doubt they would leave items out. If a storm came in, then all the stuff may be blown out to sea. Not good. :eek:

Does anyone know what DCL staff do with discarded beach toys? :confused:

I also wonder what DCL does with all of the beach toys. I really hope they don't throw them out!:scared1: Even recyclling that amount of plastic each time must be somehow not good. :confused3

I'm not sure why, given the amount of money it costs to TAKE a Disney Cruise, Disney can't provide shovels and pails for kids. Yes, they would have to be washed (as the fins and snorkel equipment does) but I would pay $6 to rent them for the day. Of course, free would be good but... :rotfl:

Any ideas what they do with them and why they can't provide this service for the guests?

Haha... I just called DCL and was told, "They clean them up and leave them on the beach for the next set of guests.". :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter