Poohface's PJ - 18th December 07 WP/GF/O'Hana - Updated 11/12 Hen Night Photos

poohface

Working my way back to Disney
Okay bear with me here, I have been reading all your planning journals for the last 2 months and have decided to do one myself.

How we met
My DF (Tony) and me (Sharon) have been working together for the last 11 years but only started getting really friendly about 7 years ago. We started going out as friends in a group at first but eventually that group just turned into the 2 of us :hug: (do you think someone was trying to tell us something). We eventually decided we wanted to be with each other but I am telling you, that first kiss when you have been close friends with each other all that time is pretty weird lol, I couldn't kiss him for laughing, needless to say we got over that stage pretty quickly :woohoo:. Tony moved in with me about 8 months later and the rest is history as they say.

102_2752.jpg

The Proposal
We were in Orlando in October 2006 for our annual trip and what I didn't know at the time was that Tony was planning on proposing to me. On 6th October which was also my birthday we spent the day in Magic Kingdom, having a character breakfast at the Crystal Palace which was really fantastic. After a long day at the park we went back to our hotel room to get showered and changed to go out for my birthday dinner. I am standing in front of the mirror putting on my make-up when I turned around and there is DF down on one knee. Before he could even get any words out I was crying :love: . Needless to say I said yes lol. I found out later that he had been planning on proposing in front of the castle but it was very busy that day and he chickened out lol.

The Date
We are getting married in the Wedding Pavilion on 18th December 2007 at 2.30pm. It is going to be a very small wedding as there is no way my Mom will fly that far although I am still trying to talk her around. Attending with be my Bridesmaid (Rhonda), Best Man (Paul), Flower Girl (Amber, also Rhonda's Niece), Ring Bearer (Zak, Rhonda's Nephew), watchers lol! are Michelle and Derek (Amber and Zaks Mom and Dad). We are having a small reception at the Commanders Terrace at the Grand Floridian and then onto O'Hana for Dinner. We have decided to go with Randy Chapman for our photography and use our Disney Photographer for another time during the trip.

My Dress
As every other girl in the planet knows I always had an idea in my head of what my dress was going to look like. The minute I tried on this dress I knew it was 'the one', nothing else compared.

img0large.jpg

And this is what I look like in it, no-where near like the previous piccie but I am working on it.

102_2787.jpg

Close up

102_2789.jpg

Bridesmaid
After making Rhonda try on about a million dresses :rolleyes1 we decided on this one.

fys76214.jpg

Flowergirl
I thought this dress was very sweet as Amber is only 7 years old and will look like a little princess is this. Ignore the head piece as it came free with the dress ;)

047a_1.jpg

DF's Tartan
I have bought DF the whole kit and kaboodle when it comes to his outfit. He will be wearing the MacThomas tartan which is his own clan tartan and goes with the bridesmaid really nice, best man will be wearing this also. I don't have a picture of the actual kilt but here is the tartan.

tar_macthomas_mod.jpg

Tiara
As soon as I saw this tiara I knew it was mine. It was another Ebay bargain, don't you just love Ebay ;)

tiara.jpg

Shoes
Now if you haven't already guessed you will know by now how much I love my bling and also how much I NEEDED these shoes when I saw them.

48814ba6-d623-4a29-86d0-9cfe58f137a.jpg

Hair
I am still trying to decided whether I want an updo and long and flowing, here is what I am going with so far.

Val207.jpg

Flowers
For my Flower girl I am going with the Floral Wand and I am still undecided what I would like my Bridesmaid to have but here is what I have decided for me. I am unsure on what colour to go for on the flowers but I do know that I would like some of the hidden crystal mickeys in there.

DSC_8702.jpg

Jewellery
Another Ebay bargain here and I think it goes with my tiara perfectly.

jewellery.jpg

Well that's it for now folks, your feedback would be excellent as I am trying to plan all of this myself and to be honest with you it is a bit stressful. :grouphug:

Everything is soooooooo pretty and Princess. You look very pretty in your dress. I love the detailing. Can't wait to read more.

Your dress is so beautiful and you truly look like a princess!! Looks like you've got this planning down, I'm going to feel so behind if we get our December date since originally we were planning a May wedding...eek! I can't wait to read more of your journal...keep those pictures coming!! :thumbsup2

I love the detailing on the top of the dress. Very nice.

OMG I just noticed,does the dress have little rhinestones that sparkle in the tulle. I love it.

Ooh forgot to add that I have booked Rev. Jack Day to marry us as I just thought he has the mostly kindly looking face I have ever seen.

Also I have booked Beaute Speciale to do all our hair and make-up. I like the fact that they use Mac as I have the most sensitive skin and I am allergic to most types of make-up which can be a real pain at times.

Oh my gosh! This makes me so excited to get married... even if I don't have any prospects right now!! The dress you have chosen is beautiful... and the bridesmaids' dresses... and the tiara... and EVERYTHING. i love it!

Everything you have chosen is beautiful! I too am an Ebay shopper and I have been looking at flower girl dresses for my daughter for our VR. The dress you have picked is my favorite, although I want it to be in fuschia and white if that's available. I suppose I'm getting a little ahead of myself though, as our VR won't be until April 2009 at least! Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding! :surfweb:

I think there was a few sellers that did them in duo colours and they were very pretty. I just love Ebay, there are just so many bargains to be had.

Tomorrow I am going into Country Baskets to have a look and see what they have in the way of making up my favours. Hopefully I will post tomorrow and see if there is anything I like. I am thinking something along the lines of the little steel buckets, they are way cute. :cutie:

hiya
just wanted to say hi and everything looks great!
whereabouts in scotland do you live? my DH is from glasgow!

wow everything you chose is amazing... you look beautiful in your dress!!princess:

hiya
just wanted to say hi and everything looks great!
whereabouts in scotland do you live? my DH is from glasgow!

Thank you. I am just outside Glasgow in a place called Wishaw. Whereabouts in Glasgow is your DH from?

Thanks so much Christina, thats nice to hear as I was pretty worried about buying a dress as I don't like trying on clothes. I always feel a bit self consience what with being a 'big' girl, but I have to say I feel like a true princess in it. :hug:

Sharon, your gown is stunning!! and with the tiara and jewels in place, you'll be the picture perfect princess! and I absolutely agree with you - eBay is the best!! I have bought SO many of my wedding odds and ends ( including my gown :goodvibes on eBay) now that tax season is over and I'm getting married in 6 months (eek)! I feel the urge to put up my planning journal....

my DF ( hubby by then) and I will be on our honeymoon on your wedding day...maybe we'll run into each other

can't wait to see and read more...keep it coming!

Michelle:cloud9:

Sharon, your gown is stunning!! and with the tiara and jewels in place, you'll be the picture perfect princess! and I absolutely agree with you - eBay is the best!! I have bought SO many of my wedding odds and ends ( including my gown :goodvibes on eBay) now that tax season is over and I'm getting married in 6 months (eek)! I feel the urge to put up my planning journal....

my DF ( hubby by then) and I will be on our honeymoon on your wedding day...maybe we'll run into each other

can't wait to see and read more...keep it coming!

Michelle:cloud9:

The time just comes in so quickly doesn't it :scared1: . I can't wait to read your planning journal, get typing girl lol :thumbsup2

It does lol. See, told you I am like a magpie, anything that sparkles is mine lol.

roflmao, that's so me too! :thumbsup2 DH just :sad2: at me! :rotfl:

All your stuff is beautiful. I LOVE your tiara, and your dress is just stunning...it looks way better on you than that model!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
:love: the sparkles in the tulle!! :thumbsup2

eBay totally rocks, I agree! I only got my hoopskirt off eBay, but generally, I am an eBay addict...

can't wait to see/hear more! :thumbsup2

c

Thank you. I am just outside Glasgow in a place called Wishaw. Whereabouts in Glasgow is your DH from?

hiya
i actually know where wishaw is! DH is from pollokshields, hey its a small world!

roflmao, that's so me too! :thumbsup2 DH just :sad2: at me! :rotfl:

All your stuff is beautiful. I LOVE your tiara, and your dress is just stunning...it looks way better on you than that model!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
:love: the sparkles in the tulle!! :thumbsup2

eBay totally rocks, I agree! I only got my hoopskirt off eBay, but generally, I am an eBay addict...

can't wait to see/hear more! :thumbsup2

c

Aw thank you hun, that is so nice of you to say. :love:

I am well pleased with my tiara and even more pleased with the price, it only cost me $30 :woohoo:

hiya
i actually know where wishaw is! DH is from pollokshields, hey its a small world!

It is a small world right enough, and thanks for mentioning its a small world, the blinking tune is stuck in my head now :laughing: . Do you do many trips back up my end of the country then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter