Pooh sized husband/Tinkerbell sized wife

anadyr21

Earning My Ears
I didn't want to hijack the Pooh sized people thread so here's another question. Husband is 6'5 330lbs. I'm 5'3 105lbs. From previous amusement park trips, I don't like sitting with him on lap bar rides, and I'm not really fond of sitting with him with belts either. (I will NEVER ride a wooden coaster with him again!). For some of the more turbulent rides, which ones are my son (8 year old stringbean) and I going to have to ride separately from him?

Most of costers that have a belt or bar are 2 person cars so he would have to ride in front or in back of you.

I understand. DF is 6'5 and 290ish. I'm 5'1 and 130ish. We didn't have too many problems at Disney. There are just a couple of rides we avoid. We have more problems at normal amusement parks.

I didn't want to hijack the Pooh sized people thread so here's another question. Husband is 6'5 330lbs. I'm 5'3 105lbs. From previous amusement park trips, I don't like sitting with him on lap bar rides, and I'm not really fond of sitting with him with belts either. (I will NEVER ride a wooden coaster with him again!). For some of the more turbulent rides, which ones are my son (8 year old stringbean) and I going to have to ride separately from him?

You might want to put him in a separate seat on Big Thunder. I'm kind of . . . a little bit . . . okay, I'm fat. My younger daughter is 8, and could probably ride the Teacups in an actual teacup. Last trip, we had to do Big Thunder, because DD9 had ridden it the year before when DD8 was sick, and, well, you know how that goes.

So it's her first big-kid coaster, and overprotective Dad here decides he better ride with her while DD9 rides in the next seat.

Oops.

Lap bars. :scared1:

She was fine, of course, but I spent the entire ride worrying that Micro-Minnie was going to fly out, considering that my fat belly meant that there was what seemed like a four foot gap between her and the lap bar.:rotfl:

You might want to put him in a separate seat on Big Thunder. I'm kind of . . . a little bit . . . okay, I'm fat. My younger daughter is 8, and could probably ride the Teacups in an actual teacup. Last trip, we had to do Big Thunder, because DD9 had ridden it the year before when DD8 was sick, and, well, you know how that goes.

So it's her first big-kid coaster, and overprotective Dad here decides he better ride with her while DD9 rides in the next seat.

Oops.

Lap bars. :scared1:

She was fine, of course, but I spent the entire ride worrying that Micro-Minnie was going to fly out, considering that my fat belly meant that there was what seemed like a four foot gap between her and the lap bar.:rotfl:

This description cracked me up! Thanks for sharing!:)

Primevil whirl will throw you around from side to side. They tell you which seat the larger person should sit in, but I've ridden it with people my size and we still slam into each other, no matter who's sitting where.

EE has separate lap bars so you can sit with him. BTMRR- make him ride alone in another row. ToT has separate seat belts.

kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter