Ponchos?

I've read that you can get inexpensive ones and bring with you but
not sure where to look for them?
We have nicer ones that we bring
with us but they are thick, very hot and heavy when wet.
I'm thinking if we had the light thin ones
that we could throw them
away when we were finished with them and
they look a lot cooler.

Go to Walmart in their camping section. They are packaged in nice small squares. They are really cheap and work great.

You can get a pkg. of 2 at The Dollar Store. They are thin and cheap, but I take a few pkgs. each day and throw them away when we're finished, or give them to someone on line for Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids that might find them useful. :thumbsup2

Target has them in their dollar section a lot and walmart has them very cheap in the umbrella section and they are good quality and dry and store well so you can reuse them. The WDW I have found to be very cheap and did ripped easy.

Thanks for all the tips!!! I'll check Target and Walmart. We're trying to avoid using the Disney ones. When we used them last month, they ripped very easily and didn't keep us as dry as I would have liked. I agree with the PP that the WDW ones are really cheap. But if you have no other option, then they work.

You can get a pkg. of 2 at The Dollar Store. They are thin and cheap, but I take a few pkgs. each day and throw them away when we're finished, or give them to someone on line for Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids that might find them useful. :thumbsup2
Bought a couple of these plus took our old ones. :lmao: When we went it never rained!

We paid $9.95 for adult sized ponchos at WDW on 02/12. I forgot to get them before we left and of course it rained all day one of the days we were there.

Well, they are really overpriced in WDW so we usually buy a pack anywhere from 2-4 at the dollar store- even if there is no chance of rain. We use them for Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain, and you wont get wet! :)

I was able to find ponchos in the camping section at Target. They were under $6.00 each. I think it was a great bargain!

I've even seen them in Rite-Aid, for a few dollars each. I went with the Dollar Store one, as I wanted very light for easy packing in my camera bag, and only want it for Kali River.

We're going in August, so I want something that will keep us dry. The ones I got in Target each come in their own mess pouch.

I bought mine at Target for 99 cents apiece for our upcoming trip. I had ordered the Disney ones from Ebay, but when I got them, they were too big to put in our hip packs so I bought the smaller Target ones.

In WDW they are $6 for child and $7 for adult.
And no ... an adult wont fit in a child poncho unless you are very small!

Lol I worked merch at Disney World and when it would rain I would have to repeat the price to every customer and always had a few adults that would ask if they would be able to fit in the child ones.
I mean come on ... the adult one if only a dollar more! :rolleyes2

In WDW they are $6 for child and $7 for adult.
And no ... an adult wont fit in a child poncho unless you are very small!

Lol I worked merch at Disney World and when it would rain I would have to repeat the price to every customer and always had a few adults that would ask if they would be able to fit in the child ones.
I mean come on ... the adult one if only a dollar more! :rolleyes2

:lmao:

Our Wal-mart has them in the camping section for .87 I took 8 with me & didn't need any so, I returned them when I got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter