Ponchos in December?

CDRT

Earning My Ears
We are going for our first time ever in December. This was supposed to be a cruise and park trip, but we are settling for just park. But I am not sure of the weather in Decembe, I know we will need jacket and tshirts... all kind of highs and low temperatures, but does it rain as much in December? Will we want ponchos? Thank you all for any advice

We are going for our first time ever in December. This was supposed to be a cruise and park trip, but we are settling for just park. But I am not sure of the weather in Decembe, I know we will need jacket and tshirts... all kind of highs and low temperatures, but does it rain as much in December? Will we want ponchos? Thank you all for any advice

I would bring them or rain jackets just in case. Our park days it didn’t rain but it rained on the day we left. Based on how chilly it was I wouldn’t have wanted to also be wet.

I know you already said you’re planning on jackets but wanted to say that we were surprised by just how cold it was. Our first park day we didn’t bring our coats thinking it would be fine and ended up miserable, our second day we wore our lighter winter coats most of the day. And we’re from the Midwest so used to chilly weather!

It can also be very warm. When my mom and I went the week before Christmas last year, it was T-shirt and shorts weather for the most part. There was one day that we definitely needed the jacket and pants that we brought. Also, a raincoat or poncho is a definite must. We needed ours only once but I’m so glad we had ours.

Always bring ponchos to Disney! The weather during that time can vary, so pack a pair or two of pants, sweater, sweatshirt and the obvious shorts and t shirts. Don't forget a bathing suit!

I'm sure there's a bunch of recommendations for ponchos in another thread, but are there any reuseable ones people like? I'm hesitant to buy them on amazon from a brand I don't know.

I'm sure there's a bunch of recommendations for ponchos in another thread, but are there any reuseable ones people like? I'm hesitant to buy them on amazon from a brand I don't know.

As far as reusable goes, we like the Disney ones. Bonus of them is you can actually exchange them at the parks if they get ripped or the buttons tear off (or you used to could pre-Covid). They are heavy enough to actually protect you on those heavy rain days but not too heavy. We take a combination of rain gear when we go. If the forecast says its not going to rain or a slight possibility of light showers, we stick disposable ponchos in a ziplock in our back pockets, cause you know if you don't have one it's going to rain. If the forecast says it's going to be a light rain all day or on and off light rain, we take a small umbrella like a totes with a clip that we clip to our belt loop, ours comes with it's own pouch to put it back into. If the forecast says heavy showers on and off we take rain coats cause an umbrella just ain't gonna get it. I have a longer clear one similar to the ones the cast members wear that covers me completely, has a hood and pockets with a button so I can put my phone in the pocket. I can take it off and sort of semi-fold it and hook it through a belt, which I wear only on those days I'm carrying that jacket. We go bagless so all our rain gear has to fit in pockets or be able to be folded and slipped through belts or tied around the waist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter