Polynesian, what area do I request?

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
My DD turns 16 next year and wants to stay at the Poly for a night and we have mom who has mobility issues and we won't have her wheelchair until we move to Pop century the next day. If i book the room only for the day efore or package and we come in the day before our trip airfare is 200 less. Besides if I have to pay it I would rather do it for Disney than Alaska air So, what area is closest to the eating area and the monorail that I can request? Thanks for any advice.

Any one of the buildings next to the "great ceremonial house" which is the main buildings is where you would want to stay because the monorail and restaurants are all located there. Based on looking at the map of the Poly the Rarotonga and Tonga buildings seem to be closest to the main building, hopefully someone else will know exactly how far they are from the main building.

No matter how close you are to the great ceremonial house, there will be walking involved. And requests are not guaranteed. Is there anyway the wheelchair can be delivered to her at the Poly? If not, I believe each resort has a few manual wheelchairs that are complimentary to the guests. Again, you have no guarantee it will be available to you upon arrival.

Request close to the GCH, but I would strongly suggest finding a way to get the wheelchair sooner. Even walks between the monorail or bus to the front of a park can be long. Besides, the Poly is a beautiful resort. You'll want to walk around it to explore and take in its beauty.

Have a great trip!

Any one of the buildings next to the "great ceremonial house" which is the main buildings is where you would want to stay because the monorail and restaurants are all located there. Based on looking at the map of the Poly the Rarotonga and Tonga buildings seem to be closest to the main building, hopefully someone else will know exactly how far they are from the main building.

Tonga only contains suites though.

Raratonga is right next door to the Grand Ceremonial House. There is a side door that is literally steps from one building to the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter