Polynesian Tiki God Says... Magical Bora Bora Bungalow Upgrade?!? - A Jan 2017 TR! *COMPLETE 4/1*

Wow seriously nice room. Ten grand a night extra. Did you go to Konas for breakfast any morning? Their Kona blend is so good.

We did! We had their coffee the very next morning! It was delicious!
Wow that is a magical upgrade!! pixiedust:

I hadn't seen the bungalow's interior before. Thanks for posting!! :flower1:

No problem, we loved our room!

omg stranger you generous soul! Yes, I would love one. All OG Hamilton performers signed? I think yes!

(ilysssssssm)

I love you more. Come back into my life? :sad:

The upgrade is so awesome!!!!!!!!

We certainly thought so!!!

I would love to be excited that y'all got upgraded to a bungalow. I mean honestly, that's why I clicked on the report in the first place. But then you said your family was running late because they went to see Hamilton the night before! I'm still stuck on that! Hamilton! Holy cow! I don't see how your sister is still breathing. Hamilton followed by Disney followed by an upgrade! Heaven!

Following Along!

Welcome aboard!

That upgrade looks awesome - so cool!

We really enjoyed and appreciated it!!!

I would love to be excited that y'all got upgraded to a bungalow. I mean honestly, that's why I clicked on the report in the first place. But then you said your family was running late because they went to see Hamilton the night before! I'm still stuck on that! Hamilton! Holy cow! I don't see how your sister is still breathing. Hamilton followed by Disney followed by an upgrade! Heaven!

:rotfl: Thank you SO much. My sister and I are ultimate Hamilton fans!!! I saw the show October 2015 and it was incredible. She's been wanting to see it ever since and I'm happy she got the chance to!

Dinner at the Kona Cafe

As heavenly as the bungalow was, it did not come fully stocked with pizza so it looks like we were on our own for dinner.

Dad wanted me to run to 'Ohana to see if we could get a table. It was nearly 9:30, so I figured, eh, our look has been pretty good tonight so far. What could be the harm in asking?

I ran back over to the main building and up the stairs and the answer was a "no" on 'Ohanas. The person at the front desk informed me that there was a party of 46 coming up shortly. :scared1:

So I decided to try my luck over at the Kona Cafe. The person at the front desk said, "we've been reservation only all day, but since it's so late at night, we're gonna see if we can squeeze you in."

I texted my family who arrived within 5 minutes. Within 15, we were seated for dinner!

Our waitress came along to take our drink order and we didn't see her again for a while. It was nice just sitting down and getting to catch up with my family amidst all of the craziness of the evening!

She came back with not only our drinks, but a pineapple bread with macadamia nut butter!

To drink, I got the "Sand in Your Pants" (sans rum, of course!). It was a strawberry daquiri/pina colada mix.

C11Mn7IXEAAO_eU.jpg

C11Mn6eXEAEMt0R.jpg

My mouth is watering just thinking about the "Sand in Your Pants". That was one of the best things I've ever tasted in my life. It was so sweet and refreshing and worth the wait!

The bread was fine. I'm not a sweet bread person, but the butter was really good. What we were really holding out for was the appetizers!

We couldn't decide between the sticky wings and the pot stickers... so naturally, we got both.

C11Myt6XUAAM1s9.jpg

The pot stickers were just okay. I liked the sauce that was drizzled on top of them, but I'm more of a fried pot stickers person.

The wings were phenomenal! The chicken was perfect and the sauce was sweet and delectable.

For dinner, I ordered the Pan-Asian noodles with chicken. Basically, I was just trying to recreate the 'Ohanas dinner menu :rotfl:. Grace got the same thing, but mom ordered the steak and dad ordered the Ahi Tuna.

I neglected to take a photo of anyone's dinner including my own, but I can assure you that the noodles with chicken were delicious! There was just the right amount of "kick" in there, the vegetables tasted fresh, and the noodles were just as delectable here as they were at 'Ohanas last year. Grace is a very picky eater and had some hesitation when she saw the menu, but ultimately she enjoyed her noodles too! I didn't try any of mom or dad's meals, but mom's steak look really good.

Soon it was time to pay... the last time I would ever pay for a meal with my Blue ID discount. :sad:

The waitress was really, really sweet and asked me about my program! After we left, dad decided he was going back to the hotel room (poor guy was so tired from the drive), and mom, Grace and I decided to go downstairs to check out BouTiki. Grace got a shirt she really wanted, mom got some kitchen towels, and then she needed me to pick something out so that our total would be high enough that we could buy the Disney World blanket. I chose two of the new it's a small world pin sets! We took our purchases and headed on over to Captain Cooks for a dessert.

I chose a Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich, Grace chose a cupcake, and mom chose a rice krispie treat.
Which we promptly put back because the woman at the counter informed us that the system was changing over from dinner to their late night menu, so she couldn't check anyone out for another 15 minutes, and we didn't feel like waiting that long.

We went back to the bungalow and put on our jammies. I unboxed my pins!

C11M0IsWEAAGhVp.jpg

The first set included these two-

C11M0ItW8AApR9t.jpg

And the second set included these two-

C11M0JEXAAE429V.jpg

I was so happy- I really wanted the clock!

When all was said and done, I went to sleep. We had to wake up super-duper early tomorrow morning, unfortunately, so that I could check out of DCP housing and then make our breakfast reservation. I was TIRED. :faint:

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

Wow what a magical, magical, magical (did I mention magical?) surprise! Can't wait to keep following along...

Dinner looks great - have always wanted to try out Kona Cafe - the food looks delicious!

The pins were a good choice.
I'm sure your dad appreciated resting in the awesome bungalow.

I loved the pins! Always love reppin' my turf!

I'm sure he did too, after all the driving he did that day!

Dinner looks great - have always wanted to try out Kona Cafe - the food looks delicious!

Kona Cafe is wonderful, especially if you don't get lucky with an 'Ohana reservation. We enjoyed our meals.

Following! That's so awesome that you got an upgrade!

Welcome aboard!

We were so excited!

Glad to see you doing another TR on here! And congrats on completing your program!

Wow, MAJOR pixie dust at the Poly! Your bungalow is out of this world!

Sounds like a great night reuniting with your family!

That is an absolutely unbelievable upgrade!!! Those bungalows sure are pricey, but they are soooooooo nice!!! Congrats on that! :cloud9:

Glad to see you doing another TR on here! And congrats on completing your program!

Wow, MAJOR pixie dust at the Poly! Your bungalow is out of this world!

Sounds like a great night reuniting with your family!

Welcome aboard! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

We really appreciated the pixie dust. We couldn't have done it in our wildest dreams without it!

I missed them so much!

What an awesome upgrade!!!!!! Loving your report so far.

Welcome aboard! Thanks so much!

That is an absolutely unbelievable upgrade!!! Those bungalows sure are pricey, but they are soooooooo nice!!! Congrats on that! :cloud9:

They really are! Thank you!

Love your trip report!!

Welcome aboard! Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts