Polynesian or Yacht Club End of May?

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
I need help from all you experts!!

We are currently booked for 9 nights at the Yacht Club with our 35% pin code but are seriously considering switching to the Polynesian. We have never stayed at either resort and I'm sure we would absolutely love either of them.

DH has always dreamed of staying at the Polynesian so I kinda want to stay there for him especially with 35% off. Our dates are May 23-June 1. Will the construction still be going on then? Will the lobby and pool be finished by then? I guess our decision depends on whether or not all that is still going on.

I don't think even DH would enjoy the Poly in that condition!!

Thanks for your thoughts!! :thumbsup2

Carla

I don't think Poly main pool will be finished before summer so I'd keep YC. We loved our stay at YC, great pool, and nice to be able to walk to 2 parks and Boardwalk area.

I need help from all you experts!!

We are currently booked for 9 nights at the Yacht Club with our 35% pin code but are seriously considering switching to the Polynesian. We have never stayed at either resort and I'm sure we would absolutely love either of them.

DH has always dreamed of staying at the Polynesian so I kinda want to stay there for him especially with 35% off. Our dates are May 23-June 1. Will the construction still be going on then? Will the lobby and pool be finished by then? I guess our decision depends on whether or not all that is still going on.

I don't think even DH would enjoy the Poly in that condition!!

Thanks for your thoughts!! :thumbsup2

Carla

We've never stayed at the YC, but have stayed at the BC (as well as Poly) and my choice would be the Poly. There will still be some work going on with the bungalows, but the main pool is scheduled to reopen in March and everything else (GCH, etc) should be completed by that time. The BC/YC area is nice and while we enjoyed trying the BC, we weren't wow'd by SAB and the limited CS options just don't work for us.

I haven't stayed at either resort but visited both and I would take Poly over YC. YC seems more "stuffy" to me where the Poly seems more open.

I don't think Poly main pool will be finished before summer so I'd keep YC. We loved our stay at YC, great pool, and nice to be able to walk to 2 parks and Boardwalk area.
I agree that the Yacht Club pool is amazing! We loved the proximity to Epcot from there also. I too am dreaming of a stay at the Poly, but I want the construction to be compete when I finally get to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter