Polynesian Club Level vs Regular Room

cdispoto

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan a trip for January for my, my wife and three-year-old daughter at the Polynesian and I am being offered a stay in the club level suite vs a regular room.

The Club Level offers food in the lounge but obviously we will also have to wind up buying some in the parks out of pocket.

The regular room is about $450 cheaper but we would end up either getting a meal plan for an extra $650 (for me, my wife and daughter), which makes it more expensive overall but maybe less spending out of pocket.

So what would everyone recommend? Is the club level worth the added cost? Is the food enough to avoid buying lots in the park.

We recently upgraded our January stay for the Poly to a club room. For us, it made sense because we plan to be around the resort a lot. We are running in the marathon races and my husband is doing Dopey, so he needs to conserve his legs between races. We find that when our trip is focused on a resort, we get our money's worth of club level. If we were going to be in the parks most of the time, I think you would be better off with a meal plan. In order to take advantage of the food offerings, you will want to be at the resort in early evenings in addition to breakfast. It's also nice to grab a snack and watch the fireworks at night.

It depends how you eat. Generally speaking, club level does not replace regular meals entirely for most. Breakfast is solid, but midday is very light, and would also, obviously, require you to be at the resort, not at the park. Dinner is heavier apps, but transitions to mostly dessert items.

If you are planning a lot of park time, getting back in time to partake, especially from DHS or AK, can be a bit of a nuisance.

A lot of people love it, but it's not for us. We always wanted to try it, but bulked at the cost. Luckily for us we were upgraded one GF trip to CL and found out that it would definitely not be worth it for us. We were tired of the continental breakfast offerings after a couple of days and the only time we really got to take advantage of the real food from 5-7PM (other than snacks), was only on the days we did not go to the parks. We do not spend all the day at the parks but we rarely get back to a resort before 7PM and afte 7 it is just deserts. If you drink alcohol, then CL can save some $$ and the lounge area is very nice and makes you feel a bit special. But in the end I would rather spend our $$ on other things.

I agree with most guests - if you plan on spending much of your stay in resort then it "may" be worth it but the food def doesn't not compensate for meals. It is a great option though for drinkers or people who don't spend much time at the parks.

If I were you I would spend the money on dining plan instead since that normally includes quick service, snacks and table service.

The only time where I ever regret not having CL at Poly is during fireworks because of you have a theme park view it's so nice to watch from your balcony.

I am trying to plan a trip for January for my, my wife and three-year-old daughter at the Polynesian and I am being offered a stay in the club level suite vs a regular room.

The Club Level offers food in the lounge but obviously we will also have to wind up buying some in the parks out of pocket.

The regular room is about $450 cheaper but we would end up either getting a meal plan for an extra $650 (for me, my wife and daughter), which makes it more expensive overall but maybe less spending out of pocket.

So what would everyone recommend? Is the club level worth the added cost? Is the food enough to avoid buying lots in the park.

Sorry to be nosy but the details matter here in my mind.

You say Club Level “suite” - are you in fact talking about a suite or just a regular CL room?

The main Poly CL lounge and rooms are in the Hawaii longhouse. All rooms in this longhouse are standard. View categories include TPV, LV, and GV.

There are a handful of suites in the Tonga longhouse. Tonga is also “CL” and has its own small lounge plus guests also have access to the lounge in Hawaii. Tonga guests can order off an in-room dining menu free of charge.

Full disclosure - I am a big Poly CL fan. It’s my favorite resort and pretty much favorite CL by far. Especially with a little one, the convenience of Poly CL can’t be beat. Happy to elaborate further if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter