polynesian and grand- no club level suites or better left for 2023?

missyinatale

Earning My Ears
Is this normal for 8 months in advance ? I guess i did not start planning early enough. does Disney hold these back? has anyone else had this problem?

Is this normal for 8 months in advance ? I guess i did not start planning early enough. does Disney hold these back? has anyone else had this problem?
We’ve been talking about poor CL availability in general over in the Club Level thread. One theory is that there is so much contruction/refurbishment going on that they’re holding rooms to move people if needed.

I don’t know how true that would be for Dec, but it seems like now all the refurb announcements are happening real-time with vague dates. I grabbed a 2 BR suite at Contemporary for a weekend in early Dec about a month ago for an annual family trip to do the Xmas party, and it was the only thing in that area I could find so I’m glad I did. I’ve been watching for GF, and there’s been nothing available suitewise in the main building then, even midweek.

thanks for responding. at least i know that i'm not missing anything and neither is the agent i chose to help me plan. what an ultimate bummer of a disappointment - i sooo wanted either a named suite at Poly along with connecting the Honeymoon suite or a two bedroom suite with an additional connecting lockoff room at the GF (because it may likely be our family's last time to go to WDW with my hubby since he is terminal after being diagnosed with ALS). i guess i will hope for some disney magic to come through for us and keep checking.

For December, as you get closer to the holidays, yes this is normal. I would get on the phone with Disney (or have your agent do it), with any possible dates you could do and ask the CM to look for any CL configuration that might work for your family. If you are willing to do regular CL rooms (not suites) or switch resorts (WL, BC, BWI, CR or YC for instance), you might have more luck. Not as lovely as Poly or GF, IMHO, but CR has a large inventory of suites, including some in the garden wing, if you are at all interested. And definitely keep checking - people cancel all the time, particularly as you get closer to the trips. Maybe also consider the villas? You wouldn't get CL service, but the Villas, particularly VGF, are gorgeous. CCV is also beautiful and BRV was just refurbed.

thanks for responding. at least i know that i'm not missing anything and neither is the agent i chose to help me plan. what an ultimate bummer of a disappointment - i sooo wanted either a named suite at Poly along with connecting the Honeymoon suite or a two bedroom suite with an additional connecting lockoff room at the GF (because it may likely be our family's last time to go to WDW with my hubby since he is terminal after being diagnosed with ALS). i guess i will hope for some disney magic to come through for us and keep checking.
I have the feeling they are thinking the suites will be refurbed last? I haven’t seen anything for our visit, even if I look at random midweek days. I wonder if calling Disney might help? Probably not, but they may be able to do…something.

I am so sorry. We had a dear family friend impacted by ALS. I’ll be thinking of you and your family and sending you strength and peace.

thank you! it has been and continues to be a real life adjustment living with ALS that's for sure. We are only in our 50s! we're trying to live for every day and enjoy every moment. so...we have three club level rooms on hold at the poly that I'm going to go ahead and make the deposit. i did look at the villas and renting DVC and all that, our granddaughters are 2 and 5 and we are taking both of our adult children and their families and we really want to do club level in a main building so we can be close to both the action at the resort and the rooms in case we have a kid napping or my husband napping with his ventilator. that way some of us can go to the bar, some of us can go snacking, and some of us can sit at the pool listening to a baby monitor lol. also, I want them to experience club level with your rooms being made up and cleaned up and mot having to buy groceries at all. hopefully it is as great as club level at GF, which I remember being just so accessible, amazing, and convenient.

thank you! it has been and continues to be a real life adjustment living with ALS that's for sure. We are only in our 50s! we're trying to live for every day and enjoy every moment. so...we have three club level rooms on hold at the poly that I'm going to go ahead and make the deposit. i did look at the villas and renting DVC and all that, our granddaughters are 2 and 5 and we are taking both of our adult children and their families and we really want to do club level in a main building so we can be close to both the action at the resort and the rooms in case we have a kid napping or my husband napping with his ventilator. that way some of us can go to the bar, some of us can go snacking, and some of us can sit at the pool listening to a baby monitor lol. also, I want them to experience club level with your rooms being made up and cleaned up and mot having to buy groceries at all. hopefully it is as great as club level at GF, which I remember being just so accessible, amazing, and convenient.
Wishing you a magical vacation pixiedust:

Keep your eyes peeled. They may open things up, or people may cancel. I don’t know what dates you’re after, but I recheck our dates a few times a week and will PM you if I see anything change. I have seen zero suite availability in the main building, and I just really think they’ve done this out of caution.

Sorry for your husbands health struggles @missyinatale. I would keep checking too. Hopefully once some of the resorts club levels finish their renovations, the rooms will be available for booking. I’m watching for Contemporary to open up for 4th of July, but I’m not too hopeful.

Keep your eyes peeled. They may open things up, or people may cancel. I don’t know what dates you’re after, but I recheck our dates a few times a week and will PM you if I see anything change. I have seen zero suite availability in the main building, and I just really think they’ve done this out of caution.
I will and omg thank you! nov 26 to dec 2 🙏🙏🥰💕

I will and omg thank you! nov 26 to dec 2 🙏🙏🥰💕

I think it was in February that we noticed GF CL rooms go missing from mid May to September. It’s only recently that later months seem to be pulled. If they start in May, I would sure hope they’ll be done by October at least. The amount of money they’ll be missing out on should make them get it done asap, if nothing else does. 😂. Good luck, I hope you get the rooms you want too. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

There are so few suites supply/demand is a real issue. Eg, at Poly there’s only King K Suite and Honeymoom Suite which it connects to. There are only 3 GF main building 2 BR suites. December is a hugely popular GF time with the holidays and all. And presumably main building renovations will be done by then and there are a lot of GF fans who have been eagerly awaiting renovated suites. Royal Palm Club has such a popular following which seems crazy due to the prices, but people pay.

I do think Disney holds suites for various things but it’s also demand as well, so best thing to do is keep checking.

I hope it all works out for you and your special trip.

There are so few suites supply/demand is a real issue. Eg, at Poly there’s only King K Suite and Honeymoom Suite which it connects to. There are only 3 GF main building 2 BR suites. December is a hugely popular GF time with the holidays and all. And presumably main building renovations will be done by then and there are a lot of GF fans who have been eagerly awaiting renovated suites. Royal Palm Club has such a popular following which seems crazy due to the prices, but people pay.

I do think Disney holds suites for various things but it’s also demand as well, so best thing to do is keep checking.

wow that is very helpful info- i wasn't able to find specific details like that in 5 days of research lol. the supply/demand issue is more surprising to me than it should have been. idk why I thought that once a family was able to save up and put down the cash they could get the rooms they wanted if they planned ahead. I certainly didn't take construction and renovations into account. well, however we end up it will still be awesome to be there. And everyone has been so encouraging and helpful. I will continue to keep checking and rechecking and hoping for those CL suites !

I waited for Disney reservations to answer the phone for 30 minutes, and then got a very nice gentleman who I believe told me completely incorrect information. He said that Tonga Longhouse is where King K club is and if I'm staying at Hawaii Longhouse it will take 5 or 6 minutes for us to walk to Tonga for breakfast.

wow that is very helpful info- i wasn't able to find specific details like that in 5 days of research lol. the supply/demand issue is more surprising to me than it should have been. idk why I thought that once a family was able to save up and put down the cash they could get the rooms they wanted if they planned ahead. I certainly didn't take construction and renovations into account. well, however we end up it will still be awesome to be there. And everyone has been so encouraging and helpful. I will continue to keep checking and rechecking and hoping for those CL suites !

Disney suites are a murky and confusing topic - there just aren’t that many of them so there’s not much info/discussion and a lot of info on the Internet is old/outdated. And as you note above phone CMs are often incorrect as well. Feel free to ask questions, I’m happy to help.

It would be the smart move. To sell their top suites at their flagship and then tell all those people they’re being moved to accommodate a remodel- yikes. There isn’t really an appropriate replacement offering.
Agree. I kind of wonder if the GF RPC suites will be last, like at BWI, and there is some extra caution here. But Dec is nuts in general, so who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter