Poly ?? Wishes??

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
We check into CSR on 12/17. We have an ADR at Kona at 6:05, since O'Hana is booked. The plan is to watch Wishes from the beach at Poly after dinner. The question is...since it is the last night of the "Regular" wishes before "Holiday" Wishes begins, and I really want to see it....is the music accompaniment played out there on the beach? I can't imagine it would be as good w/o it! Also, can you see the fireworks pretty well, or just the ones that are up high? The other option is to eat really fast, or not eat there that night at all and get counter service instead, and hurry over to MK to watch them after dinner. Thanks for your help!

You can see the fireworks really well from the beach though it's nothing like being in the MK to see them. The sound is poor though. There are small speakers here and there and unless you actually sit right next to one, literallly, you aren't going to hear much.

Hmmmnnn...what to do? I want DH's first time at WDW to be at rope drop the next morning. I think he kinda gets jipped if his first time is just running in the gate for wishes. But I want to see them before they switch to Holiday wishes. Ughhh...decisions!:sick:

There is a swing in front of the Hawaii long house. There are two speakers in the foilage right behind it. Either grap the swing or pull up some beach chairs. Bring a drink down from the bar at O'hannas and enjoy. The music is a little grainy at times but the Fireworks from the Poly's beach is awsome.

Last year I waited until our last night to see Wishes from the Poly beach. Boy was I disappointed! I thought that you would be able to hear the music anywhere on the beach. Well, we didn't hear a thing from the spot we had set ourselves up in! What a bummer. It was pretty, but not magical like it is in the park.

Last December when my family and I stayed at the Polynesian I watched Wishes a few times from the beach and had no problems hearing the music from there.

We always enjoy watching them from the beach also and have never had any problems hearing the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter