Poly transportation ?

deanna2426

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Poly for the first time November 6 - 13. We usually stay in the Epcot resort area, so this is our first time staying at a monorail resort. I just can't wait to experience what so many of you love!!!

We have the 5 plus 2 package booked for LV, but I am hoping GV Concierge will become available.

Now here are my question...I love the idea of being able to walk to the TTC to take the Epcot monorail. Now I am wondering...are there other Park buses (MGM, AK) at the TTC and if so, do they make other stops or are they direct rides? What about buses to the other resorts?

There is a bus stop at the Polynesian that will take you to Blizzard Beach, MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. It will also take you to Downtown Disney after 4:00 p.m. Over at the TTC you can get a bus to Downtown Disney Marketplace, Pleasure Island, West Side and Typhoon Lagoon. To go to any of the other Disney Resorts you need to take the bus to Downtown Disney and then pick up the resort bus to your resort of choice. There are no buses from one resort to another unless the resort happens to share a bus with your resort. The Polynesian shares a bus with the Wilderness Lodge and the GF. You can also get to the GF and Contemporary from the resort monorail at the GCH of the Polynesian.

Aloha

Steve

There are also busses for AK and MGM at the TTC. So, if you walk to the TTC wanting to go to Epcot and change your mide, you can hop on another bus there.

To go to another non MK resort, taking a bus to DTD is an option if MK is closed. If MK is open, take the monorail or boat over to MK and take the resort bus of your choice at MK.

Ed

Originally posted by betterlatethannever
There are also busses for AK and MGM at the TTC. So, if you walk to the TTC wanting to go to Epcot and change your mide, you can hop on another bus there.

To go to another non MK resort, taking a bus to DTD is an option if MK is closed. If MK is open, take the monorail or boat over to MK and take the resort bus of your choice at MK.

Ed

I second that. If you're going to another resort while the MK is open, take the monorail or water launch to the MK and then switch to the resort bus.

Thank you so much for your quick replies. It really does seem like Poly has great transportation to just about anywhere!!!

I just want to correct some information:

From the Polynesian, there are direct buses to the following locations:

Disney-MGM Studios
Blizzard Beach/Animal Kingdom
Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon

Theme park and Water park buses start running one hour prior to park opening. Buses do run for Early Entry. Downtown buses run ALL day long.

Buses are typically shared with the Contemporary only.

There are buses to the Studios and Animal Kingdom from the TTC, however I'd recommend using the Poly's buses instead. They will run more frequently, and be more adaptable to the current demand. TTC's buses are fixed, and don't run for Early Entry.

Also, there are *NO* buses from the TTC to the following destinations: Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.

One other note...correct me if I'm wrong, Tyler:D

From the TTC, you can catch a bus to WL/FW. Can be handy as well as fast for Hoop de Doo or Artist Point although you can also go to the MK and then take a boat during MK hours.

Originally posted by BCV23
One other note...correct me if I'm wrong, Tyler:D

From the TTC, you can catch a bus to WL/FW. Can be handy as well as fast for Hoop de Doo or Artist Point although you can also go to the MK and then take a boat during MK hours.

This is correct. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!