Poly stay 2023

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
Hello!

So I already booked a room only rez for January 2023 for 7 nights in a deluxe studio. I wanted to lock in rates and then change it to a package when they come out. There’s 2 adults and 2 children. I just read that starting June 8, we can book packages for 2023. So far my total for the room only for the 7 nights is around 4600.

I looked at renting dvc points through David’s and it quoted me around 2900. I know the disadvantage is that I can’t get a refund or change dates. And if I don’t do a package through Disney, I can’t do room and tickets together and make payments. I would have to buy the tickets at some point later on.

If I decide to rent points, how long do you think I have before my chances of getting 7 nights in January in a studio at Poly is lost? Do they tend to book more than 6 months out?

I have a few things up in the air right now which keeps me from locking in a January trip. Once I know what’s going on I can bite the bullet but I’m curious as to how long I have to do that.

Should I just add a package to my room rez on June 8 and try my luck at getting a dvc point rental later on? The thought of saving a huge chunk of change on the room is really appealing to me. Especially with the increasing costs of everything else.

Thank you!

Hello!

So I already booked a room only rez for January 2023 for 7 nights in a deluxe studio. I wanted to lock in rates and then change it to a package when they come out. There’s 2 adults and 2 children. I just read that starting June 8, we can book packages for 2023. So far my total for the room only for the 7 nights is around 4600.

I looked at renting dvc points through David’s and it quoted me around 2900. I know the disadvantage is that I can’t get a refund or change dates. And if I don’t do a package through Disney, I can’t do room and tickets together and make payments. I would have to buy the tickets at some point later on.

If I decide to rent points, how long do you think I have before my chances of getting 7 nights in January in a studio at Poly is lost? Do they tend to book more than 6 months out?

I have a few things up in the air right now which keeps me from locking in a January trip. Once I know what’s going on I can bite the bullet but I’m curious as to how long I have to do that.

Should I just add a package to my room rez on June 8 and try my luck at getting a dvc point rental later on? The thought of saving a huge chunk of change on the room is really appealing to me. Especially with the increasing costs of everything else.

Thank you!
Well the good news is that Poly has a lot of studios. The bad news is that Poly is also very popular with renters. If your name isn't in for a studio now, you could be far down the wait list for available points. On June 1, members who do not own at Poly can begin booking there for stays beginning January 1. That will affect availability.

Two weekends in particular will have slightly more demand than the others. They would be Marathon Weekend (Jan. 4-8) and MLK Weekend (Jan. 13-16). If either of those weekends coincides with your travel dates, you will run into the problem of one or more nights not being available.

The other problem that all renters who go thru brokers face is the lack of owners willing to rent their points. The brokers don't have a huge inventory of personal points. They rely on owners to offer up their points and make reservations for renters. There always seem to be more people wanting to rent than there are owners willing to rent points out.

My routine advice would be to get your request in so that your name can get on a wait list for Poly. Then book your package on June 8 if you haven't secured a rental. However, if you really, absolutely cannot commit to a no changes/no refunds rental for another month or two, then just book the package. DVC is best for people who can plan 11 to 7 months in advance. That goes for renters and owners alike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter