Poly Question - Tikiman can you help?

Trish Bessette

<font color=green>Not a nerd<br><font color=blue>D
Not only my first trip to WDW, but to the Polynesian at that! Few questions come to mind: (will be there 12/12 - 12/19) Do they have the refillable mugs? My DH is a smoker, which room is the best to request and why. (what is it close to, what type of view, can I get a balcony in smoking section?) Can we swim in December? (coming from Vermont, anything is warmer!)

Love your site Tikiman. Great work. Since its our first trip, any other suggestions you could give me is appreciated! We have two daughters 9&6.

Thanks in advance for any help!:D

Yes, the Polynesian has refillable mugs.

There are a couple of buildings that are designated as smoking buildings...Samoa is a smoking building and is close to the GCH and both pools, no balconies on the 2nd floor though, and this building supposedly has a very smoky smell. Tuvalu is smoking optional on the 3rd floor only. Tuvalu is close to Luau cove, the marina and GCH. There are balconies on the 3rd floor.

I have been in December twice and swam each time, but I am a competiticve swimmer and I like it cold and so does my family. Plus, I am from MN so 60 degree air temp doesn't bother me. Not that it is always that codl but you have to be prepared for temp swings in December.

I think zulaya did a good job answering. I would add that I found Samoa longhouse to be smokey in the halls but I have heard the rooms are quite smell free. I also think Samoa is one of the best locations at the Polynesian.

Thanks to both of you for your informative answers. You answered the only questions I had remaining. Now I can enjoy!

We did the pools last December. Not only were both warm enough, the quiet pool was noticeably warmer than the Volcano pool. (The weather was warm when we were there.) Remember all WDW pools are heated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter