~~poly People Help~~ Tokelau Location Questions?

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
If we were to book a garden view at Poly, is the TOKELAU a good location? This is our 1st WDW vacation. Me, hubby, our 2 children, ages 9 and 11. We currently have reservations at AKL concierge/club but are having some thoughts about time of year we are going and wanting monorail access versus bus so we are considering possibly switching to POLY and booking a garden view. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and this is our kids very 1st trip to WDW so this is a special time and I want everything to be as good as it can possibly be :) Which is better to request? A patio level room or a balcony level? Does anyone have pictures to share? I so appreciate the feedback/help:thumbsup2 THANKS:goodvibes

we stayed garden view in tokelau and LOVED it!
on side of the building faces the quiet pool and the other faces beautiful gardens you can't go wrong,
i even think some garden views have lagoon views. we faced the gardens.
here is our view
WebP1000236.jpg

WebP1000235.jpg

Aug 2007 we stayed in Tokelau #2908 (2nd floor). :cloud9: Although a "garden view" we could easily see the lagoon from our room! We couldn't have asked for a better location. :goodvibes

(if I can find the pictures, I'll post here again shortly!)

Tokelau is a very good location! You're about the same distance away from the GCH as you are the TTC. You've got the quiet pool on one side and gorgeous garden views on the other side. Plus since Tokelau is one of the newer longhouses you'll have double sinks! :thumbsup2

Here's a picture from our balcony:

IMG_2129.jpg

Some interior shots (sorry about the DD13!) - no pictures of the beds or bathroom. The room is large (especially compared to AKL):

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

December can't come quick enough. I don't know what I'm more excited about. The wedding or the honeymoon. :rotfl2:

I love Tokelau (as does my family)....not too far from GCH, but also, close to the TTC, so you can just walk there and take the monorail directly to MK or Epcot, or catch the busses to the other parks.

Tokelau is a very good location! You're about the same distance away from the GCH as you are the TTC. You've got the quiet pool on one side and gorgeous garden views on the other side. Plus since Tokelau is one of the newer longhouses you'll have double sinks! :thumbsup2

We didn't have a double sink :(

I know you're move of an expert than I am, but I thought only Hawaii had double sinks?

OK I think your posts may have talked us into the POLY.:rotfl2: My husband is asking me to look up prices. I guess I can live with no hot tub.:rotfl2: Interesting how these DIS boards can do that.

We stayed in Tokelau and did't have the double sinks. I remember this very well as my friend who had teenage boys needed the double sinks. We wanted to be in the same building but she was put ina different building and had the sinks. We both got what we wanted and our rooms were very close together but in differnt buildings.

We loved Tokelau. If you can, ask for a room on the top floor and towards Magic Kingdom. We kind of lucked into that. We were two doors from the end of the hall. Our door leading out to the stairs were glass and you could see the fireworks from there. We couldn't see them from our room but we could from the hall. Even saw the Goodnight Kiss that way.

If you are on your honeymoon, I'm not sure I'd suggest the ground floor. Your alarm clock will be ducks asking for handouts and they are loud and they can't tell time.

We loved our Tokelau garden room. Lush, green, by quiet pool. We could see the lagoon and the beach. If we leaned a certain way, we could even see the castle.

If you walk out the end of the longhouse toward the lagoon and go down to that beach, there is almost no one there. We watched Wishes-during Thanksgiving week-with no one else there!!!

We stayed in Tokelau, garden view in Jan 07 and loved it. We were on the main floor, which was great. Loved the patio. The room was extremely quiet and they were doing construction on the building next door. Couldn't hear thing while our door was closed. The room was huge. We stayed at WL this past Jan and noticed a huge difference in room size.

Since the Tokelau section doesn't have double sinks, would you suggest a Tahiti building then instead? As far as both sections go, are they all 3 stories, 2 stories? I would kind of prefer a balcony if possible versus a patio but I have never stayed patio so I don't really know if I would hate it either. Sorry for all the questions :) Also, where is the ARCADE located at? This is a big thing for my kids on our down days or when it is raining or we are coming back from a hot day at the parks to chill before going back out? THANKS!

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT FEEDBACK AND PICTURES SO FAR- ***PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING**** You Poly people are swaying me BIGTIME:worship: THe pictures look so gorgeous! I look forward to hearing more great feedback and seeing more pics-THANKS A BUNCH:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Since the Tokelau section doesn't have double sinks, would you suggest a Tahiti building then instead? As far as both sections go, are they all 3 stories, 2 stories? I would kind of prefer a balcony if possible versus a patio but I have never stayed patio so I don't really know if I would hate it either. Sorry for all the questions :) Also, where is the ARCADE located at? This is a big thing for my kids on our down days or when it is raining or we are coming back from a hot day at the parks to chill before going back out? THANKS!

We had a 1st floor lagoon view in Tahiti and loved it! On the lagooon side of Tahiti there is no sidewalk in front the building which lowers the amount of foot traffic walking past your room. Also having a patio you can just open the sliding door and out you go (although you can't lock the door from that side so we generally only did this if we were going to the pool or beach). We liked having the patio / yard right outside because it made the room feel all that more spacious.

The arcade is located on the ground floor of GCH.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT FEEDBACK AND PICTURES SO FAR- ***PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING**** You Poly people are swaying me BIGTIME:worship: THe pictures look so gorgeous! I look forward to hearing more great feedback and seeing more pics-THANKS A BUNCH:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We have stayed in the Poly on two of our recent trips and are returning there again in August. Our whole family, me, DH, DD 15, DD12 & DS6, LOVES the Poly! You can not beat the location and the wonderful resort atmosphere! Both of our previous trips we stayed in Samoa, but this trip we have requested Tokelau because of the wonderful views even from the Garden View rooms, larger room size and to try something different. (We LOVE Samoa because of the proximity to the volcano pool, GCH and the beach - for lounging and watching Wishes!) Try to link to the "tikiman's unofficial" Poly wesite for LOTS of pics, maps and info. "Google" for the web address. The site is down right now due to high traffic, but you should definately give it a try.

Good Luck! You can not go wrong at the Poly!:goodvibes

Here's a picture from our balcony:

IMG_2129.jpg

Some interior shots (sorry about the DD13!) - no pictures of the beds or bathroom. The room is large (especially compared to AKL):

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

Have to agree about Tokelau..we stayed there in '03, second floor, about midway down....facing Hawaii bldg. We had a nice view of the lagoon too...added bonus.
But hey...just have to say...that young lady is growing up!! She looks so mature now Laura. Tell her Kate says hi...can't wait to show her the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter