Poly help

I just find it very stupid to pay that much PER NIGHT for a bed to sleep in.

I can't believe I bit on this one. I guess I am stupid.

Perhaps to you and others, it is "stupid" (perhaps frivolous would be a better word choice) to pay just for a bed.

And as you know, but ignore, many people are happy paying for the location (easy access to/from 2 WDW parks via multiple methods, easy access to many restaurants, view of the castle, on the water so boat rental right there) and amenties (larger bed, larger room, multiple pools with a slide, beach, torch lighting, theming, landscaping, etc.). Our famly is one of those. If our financial picture was different, perhaps we would feel differently.

That's all I was asking. Why do people pay that much for it. I have no idea. I never been there. I am not lucky enough to have just extra money sitting around to waste on it. But I guess you do so enjoy it.

I can't believe I bit on this one. I guess I am stupid.

Perhaps to you and others, it is "stupid" (perhaps frivolous would be a better word choice) to pay just for a bed.

And as you know, but ignore, many people are happy paying for the location (easy access to/from 2 WDW parks via multiple methods, easy access to many restaurants, view of the castle, on the water so boat rental right there) and amenties (larger bed, larger room, multiple pools with a slide, beach, torch lighting, theming, landscaping, etc.). Our famly is one of those. If our financial picture was different, perhaps we would feel differently.

That's all I was asking. Why do people pay that much for it. I have no idea. I never been there. I am not lucky enough to have just extra money sitting around to waste on it. But I guess you do so enjoy it.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Perhaps you shouldn't call it stupid if you haven't stayed there and have never been there. Many, including me, feel like it is a vacation within a vacation to stay there, since the grounds give many a feeling of being in the Pacific area or the Caribbean. So actually it's a "value" resort to many.

hmmm I see. All I said was it's just a stupid bed. I never said anything about the resort. If that's what you like then what ever floats your boat.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Perhaps you shouldn't call it stupid if you haven't stayed there and have never been there. Many, including me, feel like it is a vacation within a vacation to stay there, since the grounds give many a feeling of being in the Pacific area or the Caribbean. So actually it's a "value" resort to many.

theres a big constuction project going on right now inbetween the poly and GF, but they have cracked on with it, there is a note on a quote i have from a travel agent that there may be pool closures due to the work going on with it being so close to the courtyard pool!

Do you know when the pool closure may happen, and is It the Volcano Pool? I'm going in Oct, so makes me a bit nervous..thanks!

I read somewhere that the volcano pool and bar are going down this fall? This is not anything official at all, ( rumors at best) just something to keep in mind and ask about as it gets closer to your date. I would have a back up choice just in case something is not to your liking during your trip. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

Do you happen to know when this fall? I'm going in Oct (end of) and now I'm concerned..I would not stay at the Poly if the pool was closed. Its very important to our family to have a great pool!

I can't stand all this "worth" stuff. Today I was talking Disney with a few friends/acquaintances and I was asked where we were staying. When I said the Polynesian one guy was like " well la de dah...wow" he kept going on as if I was some sort of snob or something. Dh and I work very hard and if we choose to spend our money at Disney/Poly than who cares. With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol! People will judge you no matter where you stay, to each his own. Worth is different to everyone. 75 days until am there :)

Do you happen to know when this fall? I'm going in Oct (end of) and now I'm concerned..I would not stay at the Poly if the pool was closed. Its very important to our family to have a great pool!

I wish I did, hate to make you upset for no reason. The bartender at the poly said this to a guest so take that for what it is worth ...., just info to ask about in case...hope you have a wonderful trip! The poly is great :cool1:

I can't stand all this "worth" stuff. Today I was talking Disney with a few friends/acquaintances and I was asked where we were staying. When I said the Polynesian one guy was like " well la de dah...wow" he kept going on as if I was some sort of snob or something. Dh and I work very hard and if we choose to spend our money at Disney/Poly than who cares. With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol! People will judge you no matter where you stay, to each his own. Worth is different to everyone. 75 days until am there :)

I agree with you. We stay and pay for the Poly when we can because for us the resort is the vacation. The Poly is amazingly magical!

I agree!!! we stayed there two nights this year and it wasnt enough so we are staying there again next year the whole time! Cant wait! I can already hear my mom's comments coming.

We have three DDs as well so glad to hear they like it there too!! how old are they?

princessap said:
I agree!!! we stayed there two nights this year and it wasnt enough so we are staying there again next year the whole time! Cant wait! I can already hear my mom's comments coming.

We have three DDs as well so glad to hear they like it there too!! how old are they?

My DDs are 7, 8 & 9!!! How bout yours?

They are almost one, 4 and 5! They loved the poly and seeing the castle from the pool was probably my oldest Dd's highlight! Can't wait o spend a whole week there!

They are almost one, 4 and 5! They loved the poly and seeing the castle from the pool was probably my oldest Dd's highlight! Can't wait o spend a whole week there!

My ds was 5 last trip and he loved the pool and beach activities at night, he would beg to be back in time for the s'mores lol they do a great job at the pool for the kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter