Poly help

pam775

Mouseketeer
Is there a lot of work going on at the Polynesian right now? I am looking to stay there first week of November. I don't want to spend that kind of money if there is a lot of construction. Thanks!

Is there a lot of work going on at the Polynesian right now? I am looking to stay there first week of November. I don't want to spend that kind of money if there is a lot of construction. Thanks!

I think you should be fine. The only thing going on right now is the room refurbs but they close off the building they are working on inside so you shouldn't notice that.

Other than that, rumor is that DVC construction will begin at end of 2013, so that will have an impact if it happens, but it sounds like November might be a sweet spot where there will be nothing going on.

I want to stay at Poly in April 2014, but am considering the GF as I don't want to stay where construction is going on. :(

That's great. Thank you! We have never stayed there and really want to this time.

I want to stay at Poly in April 2014, but am considering the GF as I don't want to stay where construction is going on. :(

Last rumor was they were going to put the dvc next to the luau and that is the very back end of the Poly property. Should have nearly no effect on the Poly. I would not worry about it.

theres a big constuction project going on right now inbetween the poly and GF, but they have cracked on with it, there is a note on a quote i have from a travel agent that there may be pool closures due to the work going on with it being so close to the courtyard pool!

How much does it cost per night to stay at the poly? Is it really worth all that money?

How much does it cost per night to stay at the poly? Is it really worth all that money?

For 2013, rack rate Poly rooms range from $422/night to $858/night depending on view and dates (excluding club level and suites, which are more).

"Worth" is entirely subjective.

I read somewhere that the volcano pool and bar are going down this fall? This is not anything official at all, ( rumors at best) just something to keep in mind and ask about as it gets closer to your date. I would have a back up choice just in case something is not to your liking during your trip. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

hi Pam. I too am looking into the Poly for a November trip and I am always looking on Tiki mans site.. Have you tried checking that out? He posts a few dates of room refurb as well as anything he finds out that he can "let out of the bag"... :)

Tell me why is it worth between 422 and 858 for ONE NIGHT that is CRAZY. What is so special about a room costing that much.

For 2013, rack rate Poly rooms range from $422/night to $858/night depending on view and dates (excluding club level and suites, which are more).

"Worth" is entirely subjective.

Tell me why is it worth between 422 and 858 for ONE NIGHT that is CRAZY. What is so special about a room costing that much.

Nothing... Nothing special just the craziness of guests... We've stayed there a few times years ago when rates weren't as high and AP discounts were bigger.... Nothing special at the Poly, CR and GF are just appointed as well... We're WL fans and enjoy the boat better than the monorail plus the cheaper room rate !

Here we go again with the "worth it' question.

Right, did I not say it is entirely subjective? If you don't think it is, stay somewhere else. If you think it is, book there. (Not directed at you bdklein).

And looks like person was trolling. It worked!!!

The same person was just on the budget board telling everyone what a waste pet insurance is in a thread I was reading. . I guess he/she is trying to educate us all on our financial shortcomings.

I think OP has already decided that its "worth it", so lets actually address her question, shall we?

If anything is being said about pool closures that's usually a red flag to me. Sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, it has to do with resort construction.

I think OP has already decided that its "worth it", so lets actually address her question, shall we?

If anything is being said about pool closures that's usually a red flag to me. Sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, it has to do with resort construction.

I think "we" (excluding me) already answered the question. No one knows. Rumors and speculation only at this point.

I think "we" (excluding me) already answered the question. No one knows. Rumors and speculation only at this point.

I was referring to the poster who, unprompted, gave their two cents about how to properly spend money in WDW.

I read somewhere that the volcano pool and bar are going down this fall? This is not anything official at all, ( rumors at best) just something to keep in mind and ask about as it gets closer to your date. I would have a back up choice just in case something is not to your liking during your trip. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

Thank you!

hi Pam. I too am looking into the Poly for a November trip and I am always looking on Tiki mans site.. Have you tried checking that out? He posts a few dates of room refurb as well as anything he finds out that he can "let out of the bag"... :)

Hi. Yes I have checked his site out and it has been helpful. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter