Poly fans ONLY!

POLY FANS ONLY what is your 2nd favorite deluxe?

• GF

• BWI

• WL

• Contemporary

• BC

• YC

• AKL

Results are only viewable after voting.

figmentgirl

DIS Veteran
DH and I have always wondered what other deluxes would appeal to our taste. People who like the Poly the most could tell us best. What's your 2nd favorite deluxe resort?

We have stayed at the Poly and AKL equally. Our daughter absolutely loves the Poly, from the atmosphere to the amenities. IMO I feel that the atmosphere at the AKL is spectacular and the amenities are comparable. By the way we really liked the Mara, which is comparable to Captain Cooks and Boma has the best breakfast in Disney. Hope this helps.

Poly lover here of course. The theme/ambiance is the best in our opinion. What stops us from staying at the GF over and over again is the location. The Polynesian's proximity to the TTC-you can walk over easily to get direct access to the Epcot monorail. It takes quite a bit more time from the GF.

Although we no longer choose to stay deluxe on our trips, we love the Poly and have fond memories of our stays there. We also have stayed at the Contemporary and it was okay--not bad, not great. We are doing a split stay with our next two trips between the AKL and then the BC on another trip. I think the AKL will be the one I end up falling in love with (after the Poly, of course). The others in your list, the GF and WL we would never stay at; the Boardwalk highly unlikely and the YC maybe...but not certain--none of their themes appeal to us at all.

After the Poly, the Contemporary comes in as my next favorite Deluxe resort. As Epcot and the Magic Kingdom are my favorite parks, I love being at a monorail resort. While I like the whole feel of the Poly better, I like that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary resort.

I actually thought I would love the Beach Club, but not so much. The busses were a giant pain. It took way too long to get to the Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom. I dislike having so little quick service options at the resort, and I dislike the fact that they shut Storm Along Bay down at night. I know why they do, but a nightly swim is part of our vacation make-up, and it is such a let down to have to go swim in the quiet pool when SAB is right there in front of you.

The contenporary is nice.I like location and as far as I am concerned the monorails have it.We have stayed at the conteporary more as the price of the poly has sky rocketed.Our family loves the poly though!

love BC if the weather is nice to use stormalong because of the short walk to epcot. if its colder than BWI is great for the food and snack options just downstairs

We're finally staying at the GF after seeing it from the Poly so many times. It's so pretty and has so many nice restaurants. The Polynesian will always be #1 in our hearts though.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get to the Epcot area resorts, because we love the monorail so much.

the Poly is the only Deluxe I've ever stayed in, so I had to guess at what my 2nd favorite would be..I choose GF but BC has always looked nice to me too.

BC because we like to rotate the location. Poly and CR for the monorail/MK feeling. BC for the Epcot resort/boardwalk feeling.

Love being on the monorail and near the Magic Kingdom, so my vote is for the Grand Floriidian. After that, I'd say Yacht Club. Love the decor there.

AKL -- great, exotic theming like Poly
GF -- same great location as Poly
BC/YC -- great for Epcot, fantastic pool

After Poly-WL then AKL. Love the theming, pool, hot tubs, boat, marina, walking trails and beautiful lobby at WL. I used the boat to CR to get to ADRs at CR, GF & Poly quite a bit. And enjoyed the boat to MK.

AKL, has the animals of course. Beautiful lobby, pool, and Boma is a fav. Only thing I don't like is only transportation option is bus. But we loved our stay here.

CR doesn't interest me- no theming. No beautiful grounds, lots of concrete.

GF- maybe

Would like to try YC/BC sometime, except don't like lack of food courts at this resort. Love Capt. Cooks, Roaring Forks and Mara. So convenient for grabbing something before heading out, and when you come back.

Dolphin!!!!

Poly is my dream resort, but since I can rarely afford it, Dolphin gives me everything I could ever ask for in a deluxe resort at a moderate price! :woohoo:

I didn't vote, The only other deluxe I've stayed at besides the Poly was BWI and we didn't love. I was really excited to stay there and I have really hard time putting my finger why I didn't like it more. We evn talked about switching resorts, although the resort grew on me. The rooms were pretty and I love the 40's music they play. I liked eating breakfast on the boarwalk, but I got tired of the bakery and missed having a real quick service restaurant. I also didn't like the pool area nearly as much as the Poly. The busses to MK were awful. Loved the walk to DHS though.

You'd think it strange for someone who just loves the grounds at the Poly to choose the Contemporary Resort, but that's my choice. I've stayed at them all except Boardwalk, and I just love being on the monorail loop. I loved the pool at the CR, the restaurants, and the different theming is just different, not a bad thing, IMHO. I like how everything is nearby and accessible at the CR. And I had great hotel service there, the one time that I stayed there. That counts for a lot, in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!