Poly Club Level (garden view) or WL Club Level?

strummer

Earning My Ears
We're heading to Disney within the month and still trying to decide between the Poly club level and the WL club level. We'll be without our kids and have never stayed at either of these places. We hear that the rooms at the WL (club level) have recently been renovated, but we know that the Poly is on the monorail line. Setting aside the pricing, what do you recommend, Poly club level (garden view) or WL club level? Thanks for any advice and reasoning which you can offer!

Both the King Kamehameha Club lounge and Old Faithful Club lounge are great. WL lounge does close during certain hours and at night. Poly club lounge is open around the clock for coffee, soda, etc. I love the view of the castle from Poly club lounge-especially during Wishes. The seating for WL lodge lounge overlooks the lobby and is clusters of individual seating areas. The rooms at WL are smaller than Poly rooms. I really love them both. The food offerings were both yummy and very different from each other. (Poly usually has sushi on Monday nights, WL has great barbecue pork sandwiches, etc.) Love being able to take the direct monorail from Poly to MK or take the short walk to TTC to take direct monorail to EP. For a romantic stroll, take the walking path to/back from Grand Floridian to Poly after taking the monorail to Grand Floridian. The elevators were out of service when we were last staying in Hawaii building (club level building) last December. We've always had a garden view room in Hawaii building because the lounge has a great view of Cinderella Castle. You really can't go wrong with either one. What a treat!

We spent 11 days at WL CL this summer and it was absolutely amazing. The CL staff was amazing, the food offerings were great. The rooms are in brand new wonderful condition. We just loved it!! Have you checked on the availability of a WL CL Honeymoon suite??? It has a king bed and I would imagine very romantic!!! :goodvibes

We haven't stayed Poly CL, but the view of the castle from the lounge looks beautiful!

I would pick Poly over WL any day for any room category! From theming, to food, to transportation and proximity to MK, it just wins out for me. I would go with Poly, CL - GV! Poly CL is my favorite and GV would be my first choice of room category in the Hawaii building!

We've stayed at both (although not CL at the Poly) and we love both for different reasons. I love how the WL CL lounge seating is arranged around the railing on the 7th floor overlooking the lobby, which is nice for relaxing while watching people coming and going down in the lobby. The lounge is nice and the food offerings and CMs are great. With that said, the Poly is an awesome resort and we love the tropical atmosphere and the large rooms. We are trying CL at the Poly next summer and can't wait. From what I have read, the view from the lounge can't be beat. Good luck deciding, although I don't think you can go wrong with either one as they are both great places to stay.

We're heading to Disney within the month and still trying to decide between the Poly club level and the WL club level. We'll be without our kids and have never stayed at either of these places. We hear that the rooms at the WL (club level) have recently been renovated, but we know that the Poly is on the monorail line. Setting aside the pricing, what do you recommend, Poly club level (garden view) or WL club level? Thanks for any advice and reasoning which you can offer!

Normally I would say Poly CL hands down, but I've heard the whole building is about to be remodeled soon.. I think I heard January?? So maybe do WL CL this time and save Poly CL for after the renovations. They are both really great so it's a win/win situation! :thumbsup2

As far as resorts go, the Poly is our favorite hand down. The rooms are huge, all have a day beds and the best transportation options. The Poly CL lounge is huge and with wonderful options.

I have not tried WL CL, but renovated rooms would be a plus. If Hawaii longhouse is going under construction while you are there, stay at WL CL to avoid the hassle of construction.

I have stayed at WL(not club) but are going to be club level in December. Also stayed at Poly Club level. Rooms are larger at Poly, but as others have said, WL has just been renovated, and POLY is about to be. Also, you can't beat WL during the Christmas season. It is beautiful. I just prefer the WL theming over the holidays. So, my vote goes to WL for December! I'll be there myself(and are saving Poly for May!).

Thanks to all for your advice and input. For those of you who inquired, at the Poly, the Hawaii longhouse will not be undergoing any renovation or construction when we're set to stay. (Apparently, the renovations are starting in 2013.)
So, our debate continues, but at least it's over where to stay at Disney. Either way, between the club levels at the Poly and the WL, it will be a happy decision! Thanks again for your advice!

Thanks to all for your advice and input. For those of you who inquired, at the Poly, the Hawaii longhouse will not be undergoing any renovation or construction when we're set to stay. (Apparently, the renovations are starting in 2013.)

Yep, that's why I said January. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter