Poly 6 nights or Wilderness Lodge & nights?

marshall4539

Earning My Ears
Would you stay at the Poly for only 6 nights, or stay at the WL and be able to add an extra day to your vacation (stay 7 nights)? I like both resorts, but I have a 3 year old, and I worry that getting back and forth to Epcot will be a problem from WL? What should I do????? I really like adding an extra day, but worry about transportation issues! Thanks

Hmm this is a tough one, but I would give the Poly the edge. The convenience of the monorail with a 3-year old cannot be overstated, plus the resort itself is just nicer-- better views, bigger rooms, easier access to the other monorail resorts, beautiful grounds... Plus, a 6-night stay is still a decent amount of time.

Is this your first trip? What time of year will you be there?

Thanks for your reply... We are going Sept 17-23 (24), and have stayed at French Quarter before, but never a deluxe.
I know 6 nights is great, but it sucks to lose 2 days to travel time.... My heart says poly but I really want that extra day!! haha
The reason we are staying at a deluxe is for transportation, and I know Poly is the best, but how much extra time will WL take to get around? thanks

Thanks for your reply... We are going Sept 17-23 (24), and have stayed at French Quarter before, but never a deluxe.
I know 6 nights is great, but it sucks to lose 2 days to travel time.... My heart says poly but I really want that extra day!! haha
The reason we are staying at a deluxe is for transportation, and I know Poly is the best, but how much extra time will WL take to get around? thanks

If you're staying at a deluxe for the transportation, then I would either do the Poly or just do a moderate for even more days if you don't mind the buses. The WL has a boat to MK, but all other destinations are buses. Actually my personal opinion is the value resorts are the best bang for your buck out of all the resorts, but if you're bound and determined to pay all that money, then get something with the premium location and/or monorail.

I love WL, and more days always wins for me! We've had 3 stays at WL, and found the busses were very good most of the time.

Im in the same boat!

I did poly last year for 7 nights and fell in love

This year im going to do 3 nights at WL and 5 at Poly. Saved money , got an extra day, AND get to expirience the amazing WL for a bit (we visited it on our poly trip and loved the themeing it was during christmas, although poly was unbeatable even for adults only trip)

Dont switch completely from the poly for an extra day. Coming home to the poly after a day at the parks was absolutely amazing, trust me. Tiki torches, beach, castle glistening in the background, it was unbelievable.

I'd do the extra day and stay at WL. I love the quiet pool at WL.

But... we've never stayed at the Poly (because it has always been priced out of my budget), it would definitely be awesome as well.
I like the theming of the Poly and the landscaping.

The transportation from WL is most efficient if you use the busses. The boat can take forever to get to MK. Waiting on the dock at busy times is annoying as heck, especially when you don't get onto the first boat because the line is too long. The bus ride from WL to MK is 5 minutes.

I would do one less day and stay at the poly for the convience of the monorail as you will no doubt have a stroller, plus need to return the resort for an afternoon break/nap as September can be quite hot and humid. The rooms at WL are smaller than at the Poly too.

I agree to stay at the Poly. We've stayed at both and while we love the WL as it's a great resort, the Poly is our favorite for many reasons and we would choose that in heartbeat. We love the larger rooms, the tropical atmosphere, and you can't beat being just 2 monorail stops from MK and a 5-7 minute walk from the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. With that said, the WL is a beautiful resort and you will have a great trip no matter which one you choose, but if transportation is a priority to both MK and Epcot, I think the Poly is the best choice. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies.... It is such a hard decision! I wish they would release the Fall deals so I could see what the rates would be... I have to book airfare now, so I can't add an extra day if the price comes down... I just need to get my head around only 6 nights!

I don't know if your flying or driving but if driving I just wanted to share what we use to do. When DD was little we loved the monorail resorts just for convenience so we would drive down to Lake City and spend the night there and then get up nice and early and head to DW so we would arrive before noon. Luckily our room was always available so we got to check right in and start enjoying the parks. This way we only stayed 6 nights at Poly but we had more like 6 days in park. Hope that made sense.:hyper:

Like I said this may not be an option for you especially if your flying. Otherwise both resorts are wonderful and I would probably go with WL if it meant we had an extra day at DW. Also when we stayed there with DD we use to rent bikes and their is a trail that goes from WL to FW and then we would explore FW and visit the petting zoo. Either way have a great time!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the replies.... It is such a hard decision! I wish they would release the Fall deals so I could see what the rates would be... I have to book airfare now, so I can't add an extra day if the price comes down... I just need to get my head around only 6 nights!

Take the extra day! Transportation at WL is fine. Your talking about bus transportation to 3 parks vs 2 parks, is it worth loosing a day over? For me, no!
They have to drag me out of wdw :rotfl:

Take the extra day! Transportation at WL is fine. Your talking about bus transportation to 3 parks vs 2 parks, is it worth loosing a day over? For me, no!
They have to drag me out of wdw :rotfl:

Same vote for me, I'd go for the extra day absolutely.

The crowds will not be bad in September, so at least you will be able to make the most of the time you do have-- not waiting too long in ride lines, etc. I also think that the Poly pool is nicer and I would imagine that you will take advantage of the pool during that time of year.

Regardless, you should trust your gut! If time matters to you more than prime convenience, go for it! I like the Poly more, but they are both great. :goodvibes

Another thing is it rains a LOT in September. The WL has everything under one roof, so there is some extra convenience built in there.

You can't go wrong with either choice of resort.

This is a win-win situation. But if the only concern you have about WL is transportation, you really shouldn't. We have had no problems at all with transportation at WL. If you really want to take the monorail there is a boat you can take from WL to Contemporary, just hop on there. The WL is a gorgeous resort.

The Poly and WL are our absolute favorites! Whatever your decision is, I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation!

I would say Poly , rooms are larger and more to do. I likes the WL but I thought the rooms were small and dark, more depressing if you are staying indoors due to rain .

Wilderness Lodge + more days
The monorail is nice but the Boat to MK from WL is lovely and quick, just as great IMHO

I would have the extra night at WL and use the buses.

Our last trip the monorail was down so often it took away the convenience of staying at a monorail resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter