Polly or GF?...Room size?

DIXIEDAYS

It will always be Dixie Landings to us!
Good Evening:

Well, it's time to plan our next Disney trip. We are 5 in our family. We have stayed at Dixie, Riverside ( I know, the same), and The Poly. We are now considering The GF!! My question is :

Compare the rooms from Poly to GF. Are the GF larger? Is the GF a better resort over-all? We have had dinner at the GF but never cionsidered staying there, until now.
Kids are between 9 and 16.

Any info would be helpful. Feel free to e-mail :confused:

Jim and Donna

I'm not sure how the rooms compare as far as size goes, but we have 4 people in our family and were very comfortable at the GF last year. I have some pictures of our room on my web site, if you'd like to take a look click on my "Vacations" link below. I think that unless you get a deluxe room, the regular rooms at the Polynesian are bigger than the rooms at GF.
I wouldn't say that the GF is a "better" resort overall. I think it depends on what you want from your resort. We definitely enjoyed our time at the GF, but my sons (ages 13 and 10) want to stay at the Polynesian next time :)

Having stayed at both resorts, I feel that the rooms at the Polynesian are a little bigger than those at the GF. I prefer the decor of the rooms at the GF, but I loved the spaciousness of the rooms at the Polynesian. The GF does have a larger room available called a lodge tower room. This room gives you an extra TV and phone plus a sitting area. So you might want to consider a lodge tower with a family of 5 (especially with teenagers). JMHO.

The rooms at GF are the smallest of the deluxe resorts. The Poly has the larger rooms.

Originally posted by Grumpy92
The rooms at GF are the smallest of the deluxe resorts. The Poly has the larger rooms.

Hav to disagree. Maybe you meant to say the "monorail" resorts, which i would agree with, but not the "deluxe resorts". The rooms at AKL are DEFINITELY smaller. The rooms at BWI and YC/BC are also smaller.

Anne

ducklite is correct. The Grand Floridian does have the smaller sized rooms out of the 3 monorail resorts, BUT I know for a fact that the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge have smaller rooms than the GF. The GF has a daybed in the rooms along with 2 queen beds, there is no way a daybed would fit in a standard room of the AKL or WL. I'm not sure about Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club, they look like they might be similar in size to the GF.

Actually, I was told by a Poly Concierge CM (I think her name was Marylyn ?) that the rooms are 381 square feet, unless you are in a new building where they are 409 square feet. I felt that the room that I had in Hawaii was smaller than the room that I had at the GF, and she agreed with me. Not sure how accurate that info is :rolleyes: as I did get some info from the concierges that I knew was not correct.

Rooms at both the GF and CR seemed about the same (I stayed at both back to back).

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!