(poll) When will Disney Cruises resume? (based on the current news and your gut instinct)

When will Disney Cruises resume?

• limited sailings will resume in Summer 2021

Votes: 27 11.5%
  • limited sailings will resume in Fall 2021

Votes: 119 50.6%
  • limited sailings will resume in Winter 2021

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • forget 2021, limited sailings will resume in 2022

Votes: 46 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope the Magic sails out of NYC this fall!

Time will tell!!! We are booked to Canada from NYC on the Magic October 24th but not hopeful for the Canada part. Maybe they will go South or just eliminate the Canadian ports and just visit New England.

MJ

Anyone think the 14 day Panama Canal cruise in November will sail?

Not a chance. Mostly because there won’t be a reason for the Wonder to ever go to the West Coast this summer and therefore no need to bring her back.

Not a chance. Mostly because there won’t be a reason for the Wonder to ever go to the West Coast this summer and therefore no need to bring her back.
True...just hope the March 2022 WBPC sails, but with it being a 14 day cruise, who knows..

True...just hope the March 2022 WBPC sails, but with it being a 14 day cruise, who knows..

There is reason to hope that by early 2022 enough people with be vaccinated in North America and worldwide that that restriction will be lifted. It’s not a guarantee by any means but there is good reason to hope. (And at no point in this have I been among the more optimistic people here).

There is reason to hope that by early 2022 enough people with be vaccinated in North America and worldwide that that restriction will be lifted. It’s not a guarantee by any means but there is good reason to hope. (And at no point in this have I been among the more optimistic people here).
I agree But looks like Europe (and France specifically) is moving backwards.
As I have posted before, I have probably been one of the most pessimistic people on these boards and sadly my predictions have turned out to be wildly optimistic.
Still trying to track down the poster who absolutely guaranteed that cruising would be back to normal by Thanksgiving 2020.

I agree But looks like Europe (and France specifically) is moving backwards.
As I have posted before, I have probably been one of the most pessimistic people on these boards and sadly my predictions have turned out to be wildly optimistic.
Still trying to track down the poster who absolutely guaranteed that cruising would be back to normal by Thanksgiving 2020.

Disney may not be cruising by this summer, but other lines will be. The crystal cruises out of the Bahamas will do for us if the fantasy isn’t sailing this fall. We will be fully vaccinated next week and eager to cruise.

Disney may not be cruising by this summer, but other lines will be. The crystal cruises out of the Bahamas will do for us if the fantasy isn’t sailing this fall. We will be fully vaccinated next week and eager to cruise.
It's just so complicated. I read an article yesterday that there is HUGE pent up demand for cruises. But staffing the ships and finding ports willing to accept ships are still a challenge. And if we follow Europe and spike again, I am beginning to wonder if announced 2021 cruises will actually happen.

It's just so complicated. I read an article yesterday that there is HUGE pent up demand for cruises. But staffing the ships and finding ports willing to accept ships are still a challenge. And if we follow Europe and spike again, I am beginning to wonder if announced 2021 cruises will actually happen.

There is a year+ of FCCs that need to be used. Disney probably has 100,000+ on the books.

My guess is that DCL will resume in summer 2021 with UK residents only sailings, just like Cunard, P&O and Princess have announced they plan. That way they can do either cruises to no where or cruises with just UK domestic ports, with limited capacity and test out all the new procedures and policies.

As The Magic is still in Dover, they just have to satisfy the European CDC requirements for return to sailing, which does not require all the certification or test cruises that the American CDC require.

I HIGHLY doubt Disney is not sailing because of a government mandate and more so them being cautious. They will be the last to likely set sail again.

DCL absolutely has to have sailings only with those who are vaccinated. - At least until the virus is mostly gone.

I have said since the start I don't see DCL putting in a vaccination requirement. Countries may require though for where you are traveling.

In the US we can expect by the end of the year a likely substantial decline in cases based on vaccination. In addition I can see Disney doing rapid tests and possibly a pre travel to port negative test as well.

I voted for 2022. I think there are too many moving parts across too many countries for cruising to start up before then. Some cruise lines might start up something very, very limited like cruises to nowhere or those who just visit the US ports a little earlier but I'm not holding my breath.

Just saw that Celebrity will be repositioning ships to sail Caribbean this summer. I sure hope DCL considers this option. They could fill the ship to allowed capacity with vaccinated adults, I’m sure.

Just saw that Celebrity will be repositioning ships to sail Caribbean this summer. I sure hope DCL considers this option. They could fill the ship to allowed capacity with vaccinated adults, I’m sure.

"Celebrity Cruises has announced that they will resume cruises to the Caribbean on June 5, 2021 when Celebrity Millennium homeports in St. Maarten.

The cruise ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative test result within 72 hours of embarkation."

https://cruisefever.net/celebrity-will-resume-cruises-to-the-caribbean-on-june-5-2021/

"Celebrity Cruises has announced that they will resume cruises to the Caribbean on June 5, 2021 when Celebrity Millennium homeports in St. Maarten.

The cruise ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative test result within 72 hours of embarkation."

https://cruisefever.net/celebrity-will-resume-cruises-to-the-caribbean-on-june-5-2021/
LOL! Way to make me eat my words less than an hour after I wrote them down! :rotfl2:. This is an interesting development and great news. I love the ABC islands.

There is a year+ of FCCs that need to be used. Disney probably has 100,000+ on the books.
And not knowing how many people will be allowed on board, no way how long it would take to clear that backlog. At normal capacity, the 4 ships carry what, about 10,000 passengers a week?

Royal Caribbean will be sailing from Nassau beginning in June, too. Same vaccination requirement for 18+ and negative test for those younger.

Pretty much agree with this. If enough of the adult population get the vaccine - and it’s as effective as they think it is - the covid numbers will drop below the pandemic threshold and it will be viewed more like the flu. I still think there’s a good chance DCL will require adults be vaccinated....but I anticipate a return to cruising still happening absent an under 12 vaccine.

I do agree. Don't feel comfortable giving vaccine to child until way more data is available. Especially the fertility questions they arr looking into. If children don't spread and don't get sick think it does not seem prudent to give vaccine with unknown long-term side effects.
I hope parents look into this carefully for themselves and decide what is best for their child

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter