Poll : When staying at FW what % of the days are in the park?

We went in Feb 2009 for our 1st trip to the Fort, we didn't go to the parks at all. We had a wonderful and relaxing time! So much so that we are doing it again in Oct.
By the way, we do go to the parks but usually when the have had some kind of special, and we stay at one of the other resorts.

I love camping though, to me, it's best if I have my own bed!

We usually spend 5 or 6 days in the park on a 7 day trip, so 70-85% of our days are spent in the parks. They're usually pretty full days, too. One of these trips I'd like to stay 2 weeks and spend more time in the campground.

We did right at 33% of our days with some time in the parks (usually not full days). In future it will probably drift to more like 25-30%, and that is fine with me.
ShantaClausSm.png

I usually end up going to a park for at least a little bit almost every day, BUT, it may be just for a meal, or a meal and one attraction.

For example, I found a hidden gem of a breakfast place at Hollywood & Vine at the Studios. The characters are the Playhouse Disney characters whom I don't even know their names, BUT the breakfast is WONDERFUL, and I can usually snag an 8am seating there, then get on TSM twice before the line builds too bad.

After that, I wander through One Man's Dream, then head out back to the campground

I would say 30%! We stay seven days and we go in MK one whole day then another day we park hop. After so many years we have learned to slow down enjoy the campground and maybe even go shopping at the outlets.
As far as meals we eat almost all of them at the campsite, we shop outside the area when we drive in (like Leesburg to save money) . We rent carts and canoes, we go fishing

Started out in 2004 and spent 85% of the time at the parks. Kids were younger, now 15% at the parks. We bike, rent golf cart rent boats sit o beach visit WL etc.

I usually end up going to a park for at least a little bit almost every day, BUT, it may be just for a meal, or a meal and one attraction.

For example, I found a hidden gem of a breakfast place at Hollywood & Vine at the Studios. The characters are the Playhouse Disney characters whom I don't even know their names, BUT the breakfast is WONDERFUL, and I can usually snag an 8am seating there, then get on TSM twice before the line builds too bad.

After that, I wander through One Man's Dream, then head out back to the campground

I need to try that!
We have gone 2 years without a pass but we have gone to the Fort twice and did not do the parks!
Next time we will have a pass and go maybe 33% I like those numbers!

When it is just my DH and I we spend 25% to 30% in the parks, but when we are traveling with the grandkids we spend a longer amount, usually about 75%. It seems to work out just right for us.

We have been on vacation to Florida just to stay at Fort Wilderness. We did no parks on a few vacations.

We spent about 70% of our time in the parks. We eat breakfast at the trailer, lunch at the park and I usually have dinner in the crock-pot for when you get back to the camp in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter