Poll: What month did you miss Castaway Cay due to the weather

What month were you unable to dock at Castaway Cay due to weather or high winds?

• January

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • February

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • March

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • April

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • May

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • June

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • July

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • August

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • September

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • October

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • November

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • December

Votes: 26 9.5%

• Total voters
It was our first cruise in early Jan 2000 - we were on the Wonder.

We were so disappointed, we booked another cruise so we could get there :goodvibes. We have made it every time since then. :)

We have had 8 opportunities for Castaway Cay in 7 cruises since 2004, all in October. Only missed one time. We did a 4/3 night B2B first week this past October and missed CC on the 3 night. The Captain kept us in calm water that day, but it was a rough ride across the Florida Straits that night! pirate:

this is making me so sad to read becuase we are scheduled for first week of March 2013 and my girls are looking forward to CC!!!
i know it's not garanteed to happen but seems to be the highest month so far!

i really hope we get to go!!!!!

this is making me so sad to read becuase we are scheduled for first week of March 2013 and my girls are looking forward to CC!!!

Actually it seems to be trending toward January.

Just to put you at ease. We have cruised 10 times mostly January and February and only had CC canceled once in February.

We didn't miss Castaway Cay last March, but I remember one of our servers saying that cruise before ours did, which would have been the 3/3-3/6 cruise.

We've sailed twice at the beginning of March and made it to CC both times.

This is making me feel good about my June double dip cruise :) I was able to convince DH to spend the extra money for DCL by showing him CC footage.

We didn't miss Castaway Cay last March, but I remember one of our servers saying that cruise before ours did, which would have been the 3/3-3/6 cruise.

I guess it really is hit or miss because we were on the 2/27-3/3 and we made it. I was windy enough though that our Stingray excursion was cancelled.

We missed January 2006, high winds, it was a big bummer, but we do realize that nature has a mind of her own.

Oh I hope I do make it to CC!!! We plan to stop there in 2 weeks! I will let you know what happens!

We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow! I sure am hoping that the majority of those January misses are the beginning of January and not the end!I would hate to miss CC, but I understand it can happen. After six cruises with DCL and two of those double dips, I am 8 and 0 at CC! Meaning, I have never missed it and we have cruised Nov, Dec, Feb, and May! sure hoping this cruise doesn't dash those stats! :goodvibes

Lisa

May 2011 we had perfect weather at CC, I'm hoping our May 2012 cruise will be just as wonderful!

October 5, 2011 so disappointed :sad2: one of the main reasons I booked the cruise was for castaway cay so I was completely bummed. We could see the island out our window, the captain tried several attempts to dock but it was too windy. We spent the day floating at sea.

3rd week of January, Western Cruise 2006.

We also couldn't dock at Grand Cayman! :(

The captain tried for almost 2 hours to dock at CC. It was just too rough.

The eastern US was getting a bad snowstorm at the time.

You need to add an option to your poll. Never
Been on 7 DCLs and never missed CC.
One time in Sept did have to switch CC and Nassau days but did not miss the island.

I leave at the end of January, and I really want to stop at CC, so I hope its a go for us! We had friends that missed CC, but it was due to a medical emergency?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!