Poll: What month did you miss Castaway Cay due to the weather

What month were you unable to dock at Castaway Cay due to weather or high winds?

• January

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • February

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • March

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • April

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • May

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • June

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • July

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • August

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • September

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • October

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • November

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • December

Votes: 26 9.5%

• Total voters

insureman

DIS Veteran
Just curious to see if a particular month has more missed stops at Castaway Cay due to the weather or high winds.

We were unable to dock in early March 2011 due to high winds.

The only problem with a poll is that you'll have no idea which specific cruises are represented, thereby creating double/tripl/quadruple-ups etc.

Fwiw, we missed CC in January '11 on the Wonder PC cruise.

Cheers,
Sally :)

We had a b2b this past Aug (2011) and on the first 3 day, we were unable to dock due to a hurricane, but on our 4 day, we were able to go to Castaway Cay. However, we didn't know for sure until the night before since they were still unsure if it would be ready in time. Although people seem to say that it was a bit "messy", my family had a great time since it wasn't too hot.

August 2011 -
Castaway Cay suffered heavy damaged due to Hurricane - DCL cancelled our castaway stop - Lucky our family got to see castaway cay on the second part of our back to back - however it did indeed look like it took a beating.

I'll pay a dollar more for our cruise if they put a couple of tug boats there to help!

Course I've never been there, so don't even know if there's room for tugboats. :lmao:

October 1999 (our first Disney cruise). CC had suffered damage a few weeks earlier from a hurricane so we knew ahead of time we wouldn't be going. Well we went but not all the way. We dropped off supplies to those working on the islands. So we could see it but not get there. Haven't missed it since.

I didn't vote because we ended up actually making it, but on our April 2011 B2B cruises, we almost missed CC on the first cruise. The captain was on his last attempt after 2 failed ones (according to a CM) when he was finally able to dock. Of course it was so windy that day that all the excursions were cancelled anyway. Luckily we were B2B and had a beautiful visit on the next stop there.

The only problem with a poll is that you'll have no idea which specific cruises are represented, thereby creating double/tripl/quadruple-ups etc.

Cheers,

Good point. I voted (March 2010) and then I saw mammacaryn had also voted/posted, and we were on the same cruise. So March got an extra vote.

Cheers,

Statistically it should average out between all the months. I was just looking at trending and not actual counts per month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter