Poll: What month did you miss Castaway Cay due to the weather

What month were you unable to dock at Castaway Cay due to weather or high winds?

• January

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • February

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • March

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • April

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • May

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • June

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • July

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • August

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • September

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • October

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • November

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • December

Votes: 26 9.5%

• Total voters

This is the only good reason I can think of for dredging up a necrothread. It will be interesting to see the data, but I already had a gut feeling about certain months.

We’ve never not been able to dock, but one time we weren’t able to leave CC or get off the ship bc the winds and heavy swells were so bad. I can’t remember what month it was. I think feb.

We have been in Feb, March, April, May, July, August, Sept, Oct, and Dec and never missed a day at Castaway Cay. :)

Just curious to see if a particular month has more missed stops at Castaway Cay due to the weather or high winds.
On our last cruise, we were able to dock but almost everything on CC was canceled due to the weather. That was in December.

Interesting to see how much has shifted with 4 more full years of data (Mar 2015). I'm storing the screen shot of today.
Bit of an old thread, but very interesting data. I voted January which was my first ever cruise on DCL. I was on the Dream and the captain could not get us docked at Castaway Cay. He made several attempts but called it off. I was pretty bummed as CC seems to be the cruise highlight and I had heard so much about it.

Around 11 or so they announced they were going to attempt to dock again and they finally were able to. We were told no meals would be served on the island so everyone was instructed to eat lunch on the ship. It was a half day at Castaway Cay, but it was still majestic!

Wondering about today. Weather doesn't look too great at CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter