Poll: What month did you miss Castaway Cay due to the weather

What month were you unable to dock at Castaway Cay due to weather or high winds?

• January

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • February

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • March

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • April

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • May

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • June

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • July

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • August

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • September

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • October

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • November

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • December

Votes: 26 9.5%

• Total voters
Five Disney Cruises, 2 with Double Dips, have never missed CC.

Have sailed in Feb into Mar, May into June, Oct, Nov, April.

We didn't miss CC in Feb the year we sailed but it was a close call. All activities were cancelled and we shivered on the beach for awhile. It was still beautiful and fun though.

With the hurricane season ramping up I thought I would resurrect this poll to see how everyone has fared with getting to Castaway Cay.

insureman said:
Just curious to see if a particular month has more missed stops at Castaway Cay due to the weather or high winds.

We missed our CC day last August during Irene : (

What happens if you reserve cabanas and pay for excursions and then the ship doesn't go?

We've cruised in each of the following months and have NEVER missed a stop at Castaway Cay:

January: Two cruises
March: Two cruises
April: One cruise
May: One cruise
May/June cruise: One Double Dip Cruise (two stops @ Castaway Cay)
June: Two cruises
July: Two cruises + One Double Dip cruise (two stops @ Castaway Cay)
September: One cruise
November: One Double Dip cruise (two stops @ Castaway Cay)
December: Two cruises

The poll needs a none option. We have taken 4 trips and never missed CC

Just wondering if the size of the ship has mattered? Is it easier to dock the smaller ships or larger ships with high winds?

Just wondering if the size of the ship has mattered? Is it easier to dock the smaller ships or larger ships with high winds?

Actually since the larger ships increased dimensions would create more sail area for the wind to push and the width of the channel being so narrow it probably is likely the Dream and Fantasy might have more issues with high winds than the Magic and Wonder. :thumbsup2

Thought I would break out the old "What month did you miss Castaway Cay due to the weather" poll with all the tropical weather happening now.

We've been extremely blessed...14 DCL trips in various months-Jan, Feb, March, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and we have docked at Castaway Cay each time. We did miss RCL island last year in August, overnighting in Nassau instead.

We lost power for 8 days when Irene hit the Northeast. Lucky for me I had just purchased a generator 5 days before we were affected.

We lost out power for a week last October (snowstorm). We bought our generator back in 2006 and we have used it many times since. Best thing we ever bought. We may be using it again here in the Northeast this upcoming week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter