• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll of the Day Thread

Have you ever gone out in public with the buttons on your shirt/blouse not buttoned correctly?

No. But I have done other strange things when I used to get up a 4am to go to work and to be kind got dressed in the dark. Lol
I put on 2 different sneakers.

Yep! I was working as a bank teller and didn't realize until lunchtime I was not one but two buttons off! All those people I waited on. ::yes::

Have you ever had a wild animal-(deer, pig, ....) come to your house?

Absolutely! Currently on our 20 acres, the following wild animals visit us -- coming all the way into our yard and sometimes on my deck:

Coyote
Deer
Fox (we have a den on the property --- they love to visit when we sit on the deck)
Rattlesnakes
Gopher Tortoise
Turkey (these are fun to watch)

Absolutely! Currently on our 20 acres, the following wild animals visit us -- coming all the way into our yard and sometimes on my deck:

Coyote
Deer
Fox (we have a den on the property --- they love to visit when we sit on the deck)
Rattlesnakes
Gopher Tortoise
Turkey (these are fun to watch)

Wow that is a bunch of different animals. Do any of those animals attack or do you fear them?

We have-

Wild chickens
Pigs-but they don't come up close to the house, and usually come out at night.
Mongoose
Turkeys

Wow that is a bunch of different animals. Do any of those animals attack or do you fear them?

The rattlesnakes worry me the most because they are sneaky and they will curl up in almost anything. Breeding season is when they are the worst. I have lost 5 cats to the timber rattlesnakes on our property.

The fox are just fun. They actually have their den very close to the house. So far we haven't had any problems with them, in fact, we don't mess with them because we have had less rattlesnakes since the fox moved in. I have actually had one of the little fox sit on my deck.

The coyotes usually stay towards the back of the property where the creek is but we have seen them crossing the pasture. They don't like people so they aren't bad. The best thing about the coyotes are their night-time serenading.

The turkey and deer are a blast to have on the property. Love to sit and watch them.

I live in the woods so...

Eagles - Love when they perch in a tree right outside of my living room window.

Bears - John went out to smoke on our side porch one night and there stood a bear. John backed away slowly and the bear turned and lumbered away.

Deer - So used to being feed that you can feed some from your hand.

Snakes - Never see them until John runs them over with the lawnmower.

Rabbits - Some will sit real still so long as you don't get to close.

Turkeys
Squirrels
Skunks
Groundhogs
Raccoons

not as many here........rabbits, road runners

In WA we were in the country so a lot.....coyotes, bears, cougars, eagles, herons, rabbits, squirrels, snakes, mice, bats, deer, ducks, frogs

None in the house but we have had raccoons in the garage. They tear up everyone else's garbage but not mine! My can used to let them eat her food when she was done.
We have deer and lots of birds. There is an osprey nest very close by. As well as swans egrets and a beautiful great blue heron that just loves to sit in one tree just out side our house in the woods.
No snakes thank goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter