Poll: Magic 5/10/13 Galveston FE hybrid list

If on the 5/10/13 FE list, please indicate your preferred level of participation

• Exchange with the whole group (listed on both of our "splits" for full exchange)

• Exhange with half of our group (listed on one of our "splits", total room # dependent on poll)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zandersmom

time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!
In an effort to help us get organized as we revamp our FE list, I am trying to set up this poll to link to our Meet group. For all 34 staterooms on the current FE list, I would like to know if you would like to exchange with the entire group or a little more than half of that (18+), depending on how many exchange with every participant. Both options will be available!:scratchin

Hi all! We would like to give to all the staterooms. We were also one of the rooms that was "FE kids only". May I suggest that we make a schedule of the days onboard so that we can have an assigned day to give. This way there is a FE for every day? I would be willing to create that schedule to help you out Becca. Thank you for all your hard work!

I do like the assigned day idea. Perhaps this would keep us from getting a ton of stuff one day and nada the next? I imagine we won't expect anything the WDW Park day since we will all be pooped? LOL

Thank you Becca for pulling all of this together. And thank you KSLATL for offering to do a schedule.

I think I am better understanding how the FE works. Looks like we just give one time while on the cruise?

It's getting close - whoohooo!!

So excited for the fe exchange! We've made up bags for almost every stateroom so we will probably just do everyone :)

I'm totally new to this whole thing but am willing to help out in any way if you need it!

Becca,

Thanks so much for organizing the FE. Although I voted for splitting the group, I do have one very small personalized gift for ALL of the kids already. I'm not certain what category that puts me in, other than difficult. ;)

I voted for half, just to make it more manageable for my first FE ever. I might not be able to resist doing a little something for everyone, but like the idea of a smaller group so if I just can't get all those gifts done, I will still be ok.

Thanks so much for organizing this! I cannot wait for the cruise!!!!!!

Hi Everybody!
I've returned from my crazy work trip and need a cruise more than ever! I played with the list, recovering the right column and organizing a hybrid system. Thank you for sharing your preferences, and your kind words...I've been glad to help out and can hardly wait for our fun adventure!

The list is still in progress as several people may be making up their minds about whole group exchange or split. Please, please correct me if I've got this wrong...did I mention it was a crazy work trip? If you follow our list link you will see that I've color and letter coded the rooms. Group A in yellow will include the green A/B rooms, and group B in blue will also include the green A/B rooms. We have 34 overall, 20 in A and 21 in B. Both the A (yellow) & B (blue) groups will grow slightly when/if people notify me that they would like to be in the A/B (green). Unless people oppose, lets plan to have a final list by this weekend. Here is our current draft-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIxIiMtjoLedHZ5S2lObHhjWDlxZVQ5MWhPNnoxT0E&usp=sharing
Cheers!:thumbsup2

Hi all! We would like to give to all the staterooms. We were also one of the rooms that was "FE kids only". May I suggest that we make a schedule of the days onboard so that we can have an assigned day to give. This way there is a FE for every day? I would be willing to create that schedule to help you out Becca. Thank you for all your hard work!

Hi KSLATL! That seems like a great idea! I think that it would be good to make it a voluntary suggestion. I put a column with numbers 1-7... if it's not what you had in mind, I can just delete that column and you can take a stab at it.
Thanks!

Hi KSLATL! That seems like a great idea! I think that it would be good to make it a voluntary suggestion. I put a column with numbers 1-7... if it's not what you had in mind, I can just delete that column and you can take a stab at it.
Thanks!

This will be our 4th time participating in an FE and I suggested assigning certain days for handing out gifts on our first cruise. The "seasoned" cruisers told me that it is best to hand out FE gifts whenever you have time or feel up to it. Even at 20+ staterooms (I've been in a group that was 40 cabins), it is a lot of searching and walking around. But then, you get to see all the creative ways cruisers decorate their doors. Good exercise and fun too! I let my boys deliver a few and my husband or I do the rest. I've roamed the halls well past midnight before handing out FE gifts while my family is passed out in bed. Some families like to get them out the first night, some wait for Pirate night to hand out "booty", while others buy gifts from the different ports. All in all, have fun and try not to stress out about it.

My grandson and I would like to be included if it isn't too late.
:cool1:

Hi eaglewingks! Our deadline was Monday, though as you can see, we're still actively organizing the list. Unless someone has a strong opposition, I'm fine with welcoming you and your Grandson as our very last group members. I will need your stateroom number, your names, his age, any allergies and special celebrations. If you can get that to me today, I will add you all. Thanks!

This will be our 4th time participating in an FE and I suggested assigning certain days for handing out gifts on our first cruise. The "seasoned" cruisers told me that it is best to hand out FE gifts whenever you have time or feel up to it.
Hi Jem,
That's a great point. I'm happy to take off the target day for anyone who prefers to deliver at their leisure or people can just disregard. I'm good with whatever as long as it involves boarding the ship as soon as possible!:banana:

I think the option to deliver a certain day can stay.if you can't get it done that day no big deal. We would like to also be in half the group but realize I'm a little OCD about things and will probably end up doing the whole group. Just have to :). However like someone said before me if time runs out I won't feel stressed about it (hopefully!)

Ok if that wasn't confusing enough! Sorry. How bout we just stick to the entire group. Goodness is it time to leave yet?? My brain needs it...

Ok if that wasn't confusing enough! Sorry. How bout we just stick to the entire group. Goodness is it time to leave yet?? My brain needs it...

Scary enough, I was following you just fine. Though it does sound like you're leaning toward entire group so I'll place you there. Our vacation can't come soon enough!

My grandson and I would like to be included if it isn't too late.
:cool1:

Hi eaglewingks! I tried to pm you earlier but haven't heard back. We had closed our list on Monday and I'm open to including you and your Grandson, but this can only happen if I can add you to the list today. If you're still interested, I need your Grandson's age, both of your names, stateroom number, any allergies and special celebrations. I need to balance your interest with those who have ordered or are ordering gifts and/or crafting supplies. Please let me know this information this evening. My email is becca.zpack@gmail.com or you can pm me. Thanks!

Becca,
I didn't respond to the poll, but like where you put us...in the half group. Thanks so much for doing this. Now...to find ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter