Poll. Disney Cruise LIne Test Cruise

Would you go on a DCL Test Cruise?

• Yes, I'm already packed!

• No, I'm still nervous about the virus.

• Heck No only if there was a vaccine.

• Maybe, I would have to see what virus prevention protocols are in place.

• Nope, I'm done with cruising.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted Maybe. SeaDream I tried and failed even with the pre-tests and boarding tests but the virus found a way to screw-up everyone's cruise. It just takes one.

No, but don't fit any of your no options. We'll cruise when we feel comfortable doing so, at the moment all I can say is not now or in the immediate future. We're all higher risk for various reasons. I don't know that the vaccine is going to be the finish line there. We're waiting to see how it goes. In the meantime we have a slightly embarrassing amount of Disney gift cards in our safe ready to go when we decide we're ready. It's over $5K, which people here will understand but others in our life would think we've lost our minds. We were booked for Christmas on the dream, that wasn't enough to cover it but I stopped buying discounted gift cards in March waiting to see what would happen and I'm glad I did.

I'd say yes, but with a few remarks:
- I have to be able to enter the US ;-)
- If activities are reduced, I want a reduced fare as well. (or free, I do not object to free)

I could have said maybe, but I'm more interested in what they will do with entertainment and such than virus prevention protocols.

Did I read somewhere that they were using an unreliable rapid test?
I'm not sure about the rapid testing but I've read that it takes days for the virus to reproduce enough for the point of contact by the swab to grab enough to test successfully. It was their day 3 that the positive was announced.

The cruise lines are not allowed to charge for the test cruises or have being on them a condition of employment for any of their staff, FWIW.

Any activities not offered on the test sailings may not be offered on the paid sailings id the test sail results in a certificate to sail.

I've cared for COVID+ patients. I've worked with people that came up + ( not through patient contact) I've been to WDW, flown on a plane, I go grocery shopping and have eaten in restaurants. I have taken three COVID test (after working closely with one + person, after my WDW trip, after having symptoms that were probably seasonal allergies. ) and have been negative. I am comfortable with everything right now. Bring it.

Nah, my husband is nervous about catching it. We've been very good about only going out for essentials and some takeout meals here and there. I only go into work when I must, and rarely run into anyone else while I'm there except our security and another IT person. They finally confirmed yesterday what we all already guessed - we aren't going back into the office until at least June of next year.

Our governor also just today announced a return to fuller lockdown until mid December. If I was in a state that was more loose with restrictions or I was having to go into work / otherwise interacting with others in person all the time anyway I might not feel the same. With the way things have played out though I'm happy enough to wait for Q3 2021.

That test cruise had no particular safety protocols in place. Neither employees nor passengers were wearing masks. All they did was testing, and testing itself doesn’t prevent the spread, it just tells you that it’s present. If that is the model of “safety protocols” that we are going to be seeing, I’ll pass.

We have a cruise booked for April 30, 2021. I also booked Bay Lake for the same time frame. I'll make a decision closer to the event as to whether we'll actually sail. DCL already sent an email saying they'll allow cancellation 15 days prior to the cruise so it doesn't sound like DCL thinks the cruise is really viable. It really depends on what is going on with COVID in the spring.

In the last 20 or so years I've been "sick" only two times: Once during a cruise, once just as the cruise ended. I would def cruise again, but I'm gonna need a vaccination for covid.

During the pandemic I've been to a wedding, a couple of funerals (not covid related), grandkid's birthday party, and out to lunch in restaurants a handful of times, and spent a week at WDW with no ill effects. I guess because I got sick on previous cruises way before covid was a thing makes me a bit gun shy for the time being.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter