Polar Express ...

allmydisneydreams

Mouseketeer
I was BEYOND excited to see the Polar Express Experience at SW ... my three year old is absolutely obsessed with Polar Express. The problem is, he's nowhere near 42" tall. I'm wondering what the non-motion side is like. I saw a video on youtube that showed the theater set up to look like the inside of a train car - is it done that way on the non-motion side, too? I'm just wondering if this would be fun for my little guy :)

The non-motion setup wasn't too inspiring. You enter a small room with 3 or 4 rows of benches. There is a screen in front of you, not particularly large. It is set to slightly resemble the boys bedroom, with an old fashioned radiator near the front that will smoke as the train arrives. You basically watch about 6 minutes of the movie, focusing on the trains journey. Without motion and the lack of a large screen, it is literally just watching a few clips of the movie.

It was rather lame. That said, once you exit it was pretty well done with the climate temp much lower, holiday smells, and everyone dressed as though you are at the North Pole. The animals and Santa were well done and my two toddlers liked the whole experience. Once you leave the movie there isn't a Polar Express theme other than the fact you are at the "North Pole" and Santa is there at the end.

We loved it. I did both, as one child was old enough for the motion one. You wear a seatbelt and your seat just bumps and sways with the video. I think you take on the roll of a bird or something where you follow the ticket through bounces and bumps. My son was 3 last year and still enjoyed the motionless one BC he LOVES PE. When you exit it is set up with a scene with presents and trees then you round the bend and see the HUGE Santa sack and sleigh and the Santa from the movie (looks like it). My kids enjoyed their time talking with him and the whole set up. Even the elves were fun. We will go again this winter. Going next week for the Spooktacular event as well.

When do they start this? We will be at Sea World the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day. Any chance we will get to do this? My youngest would love it.

When do they start this? We will be at Sea World the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day. Any chance we will get to do this? My youngest would love it.

Last year when we were there it began the day after Thanksgiving and was only held on Fri and Sat until closer to Christmas. Hopefully it is different this year.

I would say it is about the same as Star Tours at DHS... not too bad. It's a great attraction!

Oooohhhh, good! I'm a ride chicken, so anything more fierce than a carousel is usually a stretch for me :rotfl: . But I managed Star Tours okay so I shoiuld be good to go on the Polar Express :thumbsup2 .

I just went out and bought the movie tonight :cool1: . Never seen it before, but thought it would be worth watching before our trip!! Would it be wrong to watch a Christmas movie before Halloween? :rotfl2:

Just went today. I believe the brochure I saw said they start November 17th? Double check though.

Hade a blast at the Spooktacular, Dine with Shamu, and Shamu Rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!