Points at Multiple Resorts Question

nickymaria

Mouseketeer
So I am sure this has been addressed somewhere, but I have been unable to find it... I know of the rule that you can book at your home resort @ 11 months and all others @ 7 months, but my question is if you own at say two resorts can you use points from one to book the other at the 11 month mark?

Say I own at AKV and BCV, 200 points at both (a girl can dream, right? :) ) and I want to book a GV at AKV at the 11 month mark - can I use some of my BCV points to add to my AKV points to make the reservation? Or can you only use the points you own at the specific resort you're booking @ 11 months to book that resort?

Does that make sense? Then it would follow that at 7 months you could basically co-mingle your points and book anywhere? I'm just now looking into buying (and not that I would go ahead and buy at two resorts simultaneously) but this question for some reason has me stymied. Thank you!

So I am sure this has been addressed somewhere, but I have been unable to find it... I know of the rule that you can book at your home resort @ 11 months and all others @ 7 months, but my question is if you own at say two resorts can you use points from one to book the other at the 11 month mark?

Say I own at AKV and BCV, 200 points at both (a girl can dream, right? :) ) and I want to book a GV at AKV at the 11 month mark - can I use some of my BCV points to add to my AKV points to make the reservation? Or can you only use the points you own at the specific resort you're booking @ 11 months to book that resort?

Does that make sense? Then it would follow that at 7 months you could basically co-mingle your points and book anywhere? I'm just now looking into buying (and not that I would go ahead and buy at two resorts simultaneously) but this question for some reason has me stymied. Thank you!
No, you can only use home resort points at 11 months out. All others are good at 7 months out. But you can us banking and borrowing to get a larger number of points at 11 months out.

Thank you Deb & Bill! I assumed that was the situation but I wasn't sure. Now I need to really decide whether to go through Disney or resale and where I want to own! It's my 40th this year and I think I'm going to tell dh I want DVC in lieu of a party or gift - that's reasonable, right?? ;)

Thank you Deb & Bill! I assumed that was the situation but I wasn't sure. Now I need to really decide whether to go through Disney or resale and where I want to own! It's my 40th this year and I think I'm going to tell dh I want DVC in lieu of a party or gift - that's reasonable, right?? ;)

In that case, go resale and get more for your money.

If you could combine your points at 11 months, there would be no reason to have the 11/7 month rule. Nice try though! :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

Say I own at AKV and BCV, 200 points at both (a girl can dream, right? :) ) and I want to book a GV at AKV at the 11 month mark - can I use some of my BCV points to add to my AKV points to make the reservation?

as others have said, at 11 months out, you can book AKV with banked AKV pts, current AKV pts, borrowed AKV pts or AKV pts transferred in from another AKV owner, but only with AKV pts...

pts from your BCV contract can be used to book AKV only inside 7 months (and vice-versa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter