Point transfer question

iluveeyore

DIS Veteran
I know you can only transfer points out of your account once a year, but can you accept multiple transfers from other members? I have a large amount I need transferred for a family Christmas gathering so I can book us all together, but I'm having trouble finding someone. I can find members that have 100 or 200 points each to transfer, but I wanted to know if I can accept more than one to use? Thanks all!:worship:
Tracey

Nope. Only one transfer in.

Your best bet is to find someone who wants to do a cruise and has a LOT of points to use to pay for the cruise. They'd be better off transfering the points to you for cash and paying less for their cruise. You'd be able to get all the points you need in the one transfer.

Have you thought about having the rest of the family make their own reservations (either by renting a reservation from a member or directly through DRC)? That way they won't be so quick to cancel on you at the minute leaving you holding the bag (or the money bag) on all those transferred points, having to cancel and the points going holding or not being able to use the points at all?

You can always have all those reservations noted as being part of a Grand Gathering so you can get them close or relatively close to each other.

Thanks for your answers! This helps in my planning and definitely makes me glad I ask questions before I moved forward on any transfers. Yes, I'll definitely have to get my sister to rent points, although I'll still handle all the planning for them. I'm not worried about them cancelling - this is a surprise for their four boys and we've been talking about doing this for years - finally coming together for this year! We're all very close since my Mom passed away 14 years ago, and it's been our dream to get away from all the usual Christmas stuff we do and share new and special memories of the holidays at Disney! I think my Dad is more excited than the rest of us since he's already planned out what vehicles we're taking to the airport, what luggage he needs to start shopping for and that he has to show his neighbor how to work his snow blower to have the driveway clear when he gets back!:rotfl::santa:

I know you can only transfer points out of your account once a year, but can you accept multiple transfers from other members? I have a large amount I need transferred for a family Christmas gathering so I can book us all together, but I'm having trouble finding someone. I can find members that have 100 or 200 points each to transfer, but I wanted to know if I can accept more than one to use? Thanks all!:worship:
Tracey

Because transferred points can be banked, you may be able to get both 2009 UY and 2010 UY points to use for your Dec vacation. For example, someone can transfer you Aug 09 UY points, which you can then bank to use for a Dec 2010 vacation. You can also receive Oct 2010 points, which can be used without banking.

Both transfers can take place today (no matter your UY since ever member is currently in their 2009 UY). If you have a Feb UY and want to do this, do not wait until Feb when your 2010 UY starts, as you wil not longer be able to receive a 2009 transfer.

Receiving these 2 transfer does not violate the 1 transfer per year rule because they are in different UYs. Best of luck -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter