Point Borrow/Banking Status Poll

What is your current Banking/Borrowing Status?

• Banked a large portion of my point allocation

• Banked a small portion of my point allocation

• Using Points Within the Current Use Years

• Borrowing a small portion ahead from next year's point allocation

• Borrowing a large portion ahead from next year's point allocation

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptainMidnight

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what people's current point status is, regarding whether they had a large amont of banked points, are using points within thier current use year, or have/in the process of borrowing ahead. My guess is that many people borrow ahead, but I could be wrong. It would be interesting to consider this impact on a new resort. Do most new members borrow ahead for thier first trip reducing the initial resort avaialbility? Just a thought.

Need an additional category - I banked 92 pts, than had to borrow points 92 pt + 72pt for a trip I hadn't plan. Sons Honeymoon - as a gift.

Sandy B.

As soon as I bought I banked all my points. (250)

My use year is October and I was planning a 2003 October trip.

I am, and will <i>always be</i> in a constant state of borrowing...

My use-year is late - October - so I blame it on "that." :)

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
We are in a small borrowing situation, but we added on to nip that for next year.........:cool:

ROTFL!!!! Didn't you have 28 gazillion points already?:p :p :p

We banked 25 points when we bought and 10 points this year for a total of 35 in the bank. I plan on banking a lot and adding another 50 points next year to put together a family trip in 2005 that will require me to use banked, borrowed and current use year points for 2005.

Well I have 84 banked with my BWV points..BUT I borrowed 44 of my HH points b/c I wanted to book there before the 7 month window, so I'm really in both situations. This is the first time I've ever borrowed, we always bank.
I picked banked a small amount on the poll, b/c I did bank more than I borrowed. LOL

The choices were poor for our situation--we have banked all of our current points into our 2003 use year, and then used all of our 2003 points and most of our 2004 points (via borrowing) for a cruise this summer. So our next full point allocation will be June 2005.

Beth, I feel your pain. I am a charter member of the perpetual borrowers' club.

Want to join??!!

Then, I keep thinking that if I only had more points, I wouldn't have to borrow. Hah!!! I'd only have *more* to borrow!!:Pinkbounc

We usually bank a few points each year less than 20pts. We really don't like to borrow points.

Ha! A1A1 - you're exactly right!

We've added on 3 times since we first bought in - and it hasn't changed a thing!!

Truthfully, though... We've done the cruise twice on points (cat 5 both times) - I think that if it weren't for that - we might do pretty well with our points...

When I joined DVC, I made a rule for myself--no borrowing!! I know myself--and I'd have all my points used up for the coming year, and I don't want to be in that situation. (No points for me = no WDW.) I end up banking very few points--I like to stretch those points out to get the longest vacation possible--after all, it IS my winter home! ;)

When we started out, we had a lot of points banked. Now, I have used all of 2004 for our trip at Christmas. Who knows how long it will take to get out of the hole! My guess is, NEVER.

ROB

I'm in the borrower's club, too:rolleyes: It is embarrassing for me to say that I have quite a few points (700) but Maistre Gracey has a lot more than I do, and he borrowed some, too, so I'm not feeling quite so bad! Actually, I borrowed all the points for next year on my August contract for this year's Christmas trip, but I could have used current points only if I had used my Feb. contract, too. Obviously, if I had to cancel for some reason, I would have been in a bad situation having used, rather than banked, the Feb.'s points, so that's why I borrowed.

Excuses, excuses:p

Originally posted by anniet
ROTFL!!!! Didn't you have 28 gazillion points already?:p :p :p
Yes, that is true! I am not sure how the borrowing snuck up on us :confused: , but next thing I knew, MS was telling me we had to borrow! I think our latest add-on took care of that for the future, but now we are considering a long weekend at The Plaza in NY. :cool:

We have borrowed all but a few of next year's points. 2004 will be a year off from Disney for us. The way we calculated our points when we bought was for us stay about 10 nights in a 1 bedroom, two out of every three years. We went in 10/2002 and are going in Aug. this year, then it's time for a year off. This also allows us to use annual passes for the two trips and then let them expire. Who knows, maybe by 2005, we will have purchased more points.;)

I guess everybody has their own master plan when it comes to DVC.

Mike

We had annual passes last year and went three times, so this was our year to not go to Disney. We are in the midst of college tuition years for 2 kids, and wanted to watch our spending. However, we started thinking this might be the last summer we can vacation as a whole family. Well, now we have ressie for HH. We will have a kitchen and no theme park tickets to buy, so we will be watching our spending, just at the beach :bounce:

We realized that once our kids reached 18 they would each cost us an additonal fee as an adult (even though they are near penniless students)in our motel room- that amount adds up very quickly. So yes, we borrowed! I love DVC.

I have always borrowed points. I have most of my 2004 points borrowed already. I figure it this way...I'd rather have my points used, than to find a I can't use them one year. I bought the points to use them, so that's what I'm doing. One of these years I will be in the black again, but I don't count on that till 2010...or later!

This year we are using a combination current and banked points. After this we will be on just current years.

We banked 44 points from 2002, using them with our 2003 points, and borrowing some of our 2004 points, for our 7 day Magic Cruise this summer. With just joining DVC last March and adding on this past October, the only way we could take this cruise was using points. We could have done a 3 or 4 day cruise, but I wanted to take a 7 day cruise. I've been waiting a very long time for this cruise, and I wanted it to last as long as possible.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter