POFQ or SSR???? Help please...

druidcat

Be Kind
We have a room booked at POFQ in April but are thinking of switching to a SSR studio. What are everyone's opinions of this :confused3 We are a family of 4 and the 2yo ds sleeps with us...this isn't going to work in a double bed (my dh and I in a double is stretching it :rotfl: ) My 12yo dd hates to sleep with dh and dh sleeps too soundly to sleep with ds. I'm thinking the queen bed at SSR might work better for us. Of course money is an issue or we'd stay somewhere with a daybed for dd. Our other option is a standard room at AKL (which I :love: :love: :love: ) but we've already stayed there and would like to maybe try somewhere new.

Also do they do fireworks at DtD every night?

SSR is very nice. In a studio there is a queen and a sofa pull out that is comfy. There is also a nice kitchenette that could be really handy for some meals and snacks. I don't think they do fireworks at DTD anymore :(

Why not stay at POR and get a Gator Bayou room with a trundle bed?

OMG there is no question, stay at SSR! The resort is so much nicer and more comfortable than POR/FQ.

I've stayed at POR and SSR. I would choose POR. We stayed there and my DD was quite comfortable in the trundle bed. I didn't like that we didn't have maid service at SSR (but we stayed in a DVC one using a friend's points so maybe you would have maid service). I also much preferred the pool at POR. Actually, I think we took a boat or bus to POFQ, but we also had to drive to the pool at SSR because it was so far away. Also, SSR's pool was SO crowded. I did like having a kitchenette at SSR.

Also, if you want to stay at POFQ and don't want to share a bed with your 2YO, you could get a twin areo bed. We do that for my DD whenever we go out of town because we also have a 15 YO DS and they can't sleep together. It fits in a suitcase and really doesn't take up much room. Just a thought. We got ours for less than $100, but I'm sure you could find a cheaper one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts