POFQ or Saratoga Springs

button409

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

so we are booked to stay at POFQ, with the free QSDP in January 2020. We're considering upgrading to DDP, but it would actually work out cheaper for us to change our booking to a Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs and get the free DDP there. (We are 2 adults and 3 kids aged 5,3 and 1)
We love the look of POFQ, that it has been recently refurbished and the fact that it is so small with 3 little ones, and reviews online seem to be that SSR is a bit dated. Has anyone stayed there recently that could give me an honest review?

Many Thanks!

SSR is being renovated as we speak also.

We love staying at SSR as its a short trip to Disney Springs, yes people moan about the size but its also has a lot to offer.

We've stayed at both. We like POFQ (been before and since the refurb) but would choose SSR. Yes it's due a renovation but love it's proximity to Disney Springs (boat or walking), the different pools, and the wee kitchen area especially with wee ones. Both are tight for space for 2 adults and 3 children I would have thought. OKW is usually the same price as SSR and the Studios are much bigger although there's no decent QS location.

Mrs TT

Last edited:
If you change and the price goes down you will be charged a £200 admin fee. Can you add days to equal the price?

I’m staying on POFQ next year primarily for the same reason in it’s nice compact size. I’ve stayed at OKW which also gets mixed reviews for its size, but I didn’t really find this to be a problem, apart from when I wanted to eat in its quick service and having to take a bus felt bit weird.

Hi all,

so we are booked to stay at POFQ, with the free QSDP in January 2020. We're considering upgrading to DDP, but it would actually work out cheaper for us to change our booking to a Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs and get the free DDP there. (We are 2 adults and 3 kids aged 5,3 and 1)

Many Thanks!
Can I ask which site you are using to find SSR? I looked on Disney Uk site and couldn't find it.

I wouldn’t say Saratoga Springs is dated, but it is very big and so depending on which building you’re in you could be far from the facilities. I’d choose Saratoga Springs over Port Orleans though - it’s a beautiful resort and feels more upscale. Rooms are being refurbished now so you can always put in a request for a newly refurbished studio (or a room close to reception)

I’d change to Saratoga springs.
It’s so quiet and great as you can walk to springs.

With your 3 young one's Id say French Quarter. We did Saratoga Springs a few years ago and although we liked the resort and the size of the studio room we didn't like the Quick Service and also found that while we love walking it was a very large resort especially if you aren't using the car.

We are doing 5 nights at POFQ for our honeymoon in April before we switch to our DVC stay at the Boardwalk. We also upgraded the dining plan.

With children, the kitchenette at SSR would be pretty useful for you. I’ve stayed at SSR three times and would happily stay again. POFQ is one of my fave resorts but I’d choose the kitchenette over that these days!

I would definitely go for Saratoga springs. Yes it's a bit more spread out, but feels much nicer. The kitchenette is so handy for grabbing some cereal in the room to speed things up some mornings and the balcony means you can sit out if the kids are asleep, to read or chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!