POFQ -- all restaurants open? Should I go with POR to be safe?

GoofysPrincess

Mouseketeer
We're planning a stay to PO for the first time. I'm wondering if anyone knows if ALL of the resort amenities of the FQ will also be open? Scat Cat Club? Sassagoula Fireworks and Food Factory? I'm worried that only the food court will be open...

Also, I don't see any 'quiet pools' on my map of FQ -- but it's an old map when FQ was actually PO... Is that still the case? Are there outdoor hot tubs in the main pool area? Do the quiet pool areas of Riverside have hot tubs?

We're just four adults, so as you can see we're mostly concerned about food, drinks, and hot tubs. Any opinions on which would be better for us: FQ or Riverside?

Thanks!

I had to call CRO anyway, so I asked them about the restaurants. They told me all restaurants on the property are open -- including the lounge.

I'd still like opinions on other aspects of the two areas. How far apart are they? Easy walking distance?

Thanks again...

I wouldn't count on Bonfamille being open. It closed about a year before the resort closed, maybe longer than that. I think all they did was rehab the food court.
Only one pool at FQ.
Quiet pools at Riverside don't have hot tubs, if memory serves.

I've also wondered about the quiet pool at PO-FQ. I stayed there in 1992, and I really think they had one then, but it disappeared before my 2001 trip. :confused:

Stayed at POFQ 5/31. Food court is completely open. Lounge is completely open. Full service restaurant is still shuttered - all signs, etc. are down. Seems as though Boatwrights is still the only sit down restaurant for all of PO. There is a boat that goes from POFQ to POR. I also heard that there is a van that goes from POFQ to POR for those who want to eat at Boatwrights. And, of course, you can hop on any bus since they stop at POFQ first.

There is just one pool and one spa at POFQ. It was in perfect working order and a very pleasant temperature. One note, when the lifeguards go off duty at night, they close the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter